- 1 Important Dates
- 1.1 Post Graduate Programmes in Management
- 1.2 Fellow Programmes in Management (FPM) Offering Institutes
- 1.3 Eligibility Criteria
- 1.4 Reservation
- 1.5 Application Process
- 1.6 Registration Fee
- 1.7 Selection Process
- 1.8 Exam Pattern
- 1.9 Test Centers
- 1.10 Score
- 1.11 Syllabus
- 1.12 CAT Exam centers
- 1.13 Admit Card
- 1.14 Result
- 1.15 CAT Score Card
- 1.16 Contact Details
Indian Institute of Management Common Admission Test (IIM-CAT), Bangalore invites applications for admission to MBA Exam for the academic session 2022 at its Bangalore Campus.
Indian Institute of Management Common Admission Test (IIM-CAT), Bangalore MBA Exam 2022
CAT (Common Admission Test) is the premier all India level management entrance exam conducted by IIMs (Indian Institute of Management). CAT Entrance exam shortlist applicants for admission in 19 IIM’s located at Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bangalore, Bodh Gaya, Calcutta, Indore, Kashipur, Kozhikode, Lucknow, Nagpur, Raipur, Ranchi, Rohtak, Sambalpur, Shillong, Sirmaur, Tiruchirappalli, Udaipur and Visakhapatnam. Common Admission Test (CAT) is one of the competitive entrance examinations for pursuing postgraduate programmes in Business Administration.
CAT is the largest MBA entrance test conducted annually in India. The CAT score is also accepted by many Non – IIM institutes for the admission. CAT is a computer based test held in India. The test scores a candidate on the basis of Quantitative Ability (QA),Verbal Ability (VA) and Reading Comprehension (RC), Data Interpretation (DI) and Logical Reasoning (LR). The Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) started this exam. It is the gateway for admission to 19 Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) and various B-schools located across the country. This national level examination is conducted by the IIMs on the rotation basis.
|CAT 2022 Admit Card Download Begins||October 27, 2022|
|CAT 2022 Test Day||November 27, 2022|
|Result declaration||Second week of January, 2023 (Tentative)|
Post Graduate Programmes in Management
|IIM Ahmedabad||PGP and PGP-FABM|
|IIM Bangalore||PGP, PGPEM and PGPPM|
|IIM Bodh Gaya||PGP|
|IIM Indore||PGP and EPGP|
|IIM Kashipur||PGP and EPGPM|
|IIM Lucknow||PGP, PGP-ABM and PGPSM|
|IIM Raipur||PGP and PGPWE|
|IIM Ranchi||PGDM and PGDHRM|
|IIM Rohtak||PGP and EPGP|
|RGIIM Shillong||PGP and PGPEX|
|IIM Tiruchirappalli||PGP and PGPBM|
Fellow Programmes in Management (FPM) Offering Institutes
|IIM Ahmedabad||IIM Bangalore||IIM Calcutta|
|IIM Indore||IIM Kashipur||IIM Kozhikode|
|IIM Lucknow||IIM Raipur||IIM Ranchi|
|IIM Rohtak||RGIIM Shillong||IIM Tiruchirappalli|
|IIM Udaipur||IIM Kashipur||IIM Raipur|
- Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in any stream from a recognized institution/ university.
- Candidate should secure 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC/ST/Pwd categories) in the qualifying exam
- CA/ ICWA/ CS candidates are also eligible to apply for CAT 2022
- Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification exam and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply
- Bachelor’s degree must be of minimum 3 years
- No upper or lower age limit
- As per the legal requirements, 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) candidates, 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates, 27% for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the “Non-Creamy” layer (NC-OBC), up to 10% for Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) candidates and 5% for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwD).
- Candidates can register for Common Admission Test (CAT) through online mode only
- The registration can only be done online on the official website: www.iimcat.ac.in.
- The CAT registration involves three simple steps:
- Step-1: Registration
- Step-2: Fill Application Form and Upload Images of required documents, photograph, signature etc.
- Step-3: Make Payment
- The details will be available in the registration guide on the website www.iimcat.ac.in.
- For SC/ST/PWD Category Candidates: Rs. 1150/-
- For Other Category Candidates: Rs. 2300/-
- Mode of Payment : Online through using Debit Card / Credit Card / Net Banking
- Every B-school along with IIMs has its own selection criteria and cut-off list
- The first stage for selection includes admission test, academic performance & relevant work experience,
- On the basis of candidate’s performance in the admission test, academic performance & relevant work experience, the candidates will be shortlisted for the second stage of selection process
- The second stage of selection includes – Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussions (GD) and Personal Interviews (PI).
- Written Test- Candidate has to write on one or more topics a brief essay in the time duration of 15-45 minutes.
- Group Discussion– A round is held where 8-10 candidates are given a particular topic and they have to discuss on it. This is to check the candidate’s group dynamics.
- Personal Interview– In this round candidate has to present himself/herself before the panel of 4-8 interviewers. This is a final round and is held to check the candidate’s educational qualification, hobbies, interests and work experience
- Students will be selected for admission on the basis of Entrance test, WAT, GD and PI.
- CAT is a computer- based objective type test with a mix of multiple choice of questions (MCQs) as well as some non-MCQs
- The CAT 2022 will comprise of three sections, i.e. Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning & Quantitative Ability
- The exam duration will be 180 minutes (3 hours) – 60 minutes will be given for each section.
- Total Number of Questions: 100
- Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension: 34 questions
- Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning: 32 questions
- Quantitative Ability: 34 questions
- Marking Scheme
- +3 for right answer
- -1 for wrong answer
- No negative marking for non-MSQs
- CAT will be conducted in centers spread across around 150 test cities. Test cities will be mentioned in the CAT website and the name of the test centre will be indicated in the Admit Card.
- IIMs reserve the right to change or cancel any test centre/city and/or change the test time and date at their discretion.
- Candidates’ CAT 2022 scorecards will be made accessible on the CAT website.
- Candidates may also be intimated individually by SMS.
- The CAT results are likely to be declared by the second week of January, 2023.
- The CAT 2022 score is valid only till December 31, 2023 and will accordingly be accessible on the website.
- Thereafter, no queries related to the issuance of CAT 2022 scorecards will be entertained.
There is no prescribed syllabus for CAT but seeing the question pattern a detailed syllabus has been mentioned below:
The Quantitative Aptitude section consists of fundamental mathematics, based on 10 + 2 difficulty level. Problems come from varied topics like Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry and Commercial Mathematics (Word Problems).
The Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning section consists of questions on the given data. The data given can be in the form of graphs, charts, tables and paragraphs. Data Interpretation problems tests the understanding of a candidate of the data and the ability to solve problems accurately. Logical Reasoning questions consists of logic based questions to check candidates presence of mind and and evaluate problems.
The Verbal Ability section consists of questions on comprehension and usage of standard English grammar. Verbal Logic questions checks the candidate’s knowledge of arranging paragraphs in a logical order, determining the type of statements, completing the paragraphs in a proper way.
CAT Exam centers
|State/Union Territories||Exam Cities for CAT|
|West Bengal||Asansol, Burdwan, Bishnupur,Durgapur, Howrah, Kalyani, Hooghly,Kolkata, Siliguri|
|Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Ghaziabad, Gorakhpur, Allahabad, Bareilly, Greater Noida, Kanpur, Mathura, Meerut, Lucknow, Varanasi|
|Telangana||Hyderabad, Karim Nagar, Khammam|
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai, Thanjavur, Tiruchirappalli, Tirunelvelli, Coimbatore, Madurai, Namakkal|
|Rajasthan||Ajmer, Alwar, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Sikar, Udaipur|
|Punjab||Fatehgarh Sahib, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Pathankot, Patiala, Ropar, Sangrur|
|Odisha||Balasore, Berhampur, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Rourkela, Sambalpur|
|Maharashtra||Ahmednagar, Amravati, Aurangabad, Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Navi Mumbai, Pune, Ratnagiri, Satara, Solapur, Thane|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Sagar|
|Kerala||Kasaragod, Kochi, Kollam, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Thrissur, Trivandrum|
|Karnataka||Kolar, Mandya, Mangalore, Mysore, Ramnagara, Shimoga, Tumkur, Udupi, Belgaum, Bengaluru, Bidar, Chikballapur, Davanagere, Hasan|
|Jharkhand||Dhanbad, Jamshedpur, Ranchi|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
|Haryana||Gurgaon, Palwal, Panipath, Rohtak, Sonipath, Ambala, Bahadurgarh, Faridabad|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad, Anand, Gandhinagar, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara|
|Bihar||Aurangabad, Gaya, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Purnea|
|Andhra Pradesh||Chittoor, Kurnool, Nellore, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam|
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands||Port Blair|
Admit Card download will be available from July 2022 till Exam day. Students are requested to check the CAT website: https://iimcat.ac.in and stay updated.
Candidates can expect CAT 2022 result in the month of December/January. They have to keep themselves updated by checking the CAT website.
CAT Score Card
Scorecard of candidates will be available at the official website of CAT: www.iimcat.ac.in and candidates will be made aware regarding the same. The Scorecard will be possibly available at its official website in the month of January 2022.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website
C/o. Admissions Office,
Indian Institute of Management Bangalore,
Bannerghatta Road, Bengaluru – 560 076, Karnataka, India.
Phone.: +91-080-26993388 / 3017 / 3013
Email: [email protected]