Tamil Nadu Veterinary & Animal Sciences University (TNVASU), Chennai invites applications for admissions to Ph.D Degree Programmes for the academic year 2015 - 16.
Ph.D Degree Programmes is conducted by Tamil Nadu Veterinary & Animal Sciences University (TNVASU), Chennai.
Ph.D Degree Programmes Veterinary and Veterinary Science and Food Technology.
Interested candidates should fulfill following eligibility criteria:
=> Only 75% of the admission strength for the year is available for the candidates from Tamil Nadu. The remaining 25% is reserved for candidates from other states through ICAR. If there are any unfilled seats, in state quota, the same will be filled with candidates from other states who have
applied and appeared for the entrance examination conducted by the University. The candidates from other states will be considered for admission by maintaining a separate rank list only against the vacancies that may arise from the state quota.
=> Candidates who are seeking admission under Tamil Nadu state quota to the PhD Degree Programme in Veterinary and Animal Sciences, except those who have undergone Undergraduate Degree course (BVSc & AH) in Tamil Nadu on selection from Tamil Nadu state quota, should furnish a Nativity Certificate issued by the competent authority in the prescribed format in the application form.
=> Candidates with an OGPA of 2.75 out of 4.00 under trimester system or 6.50 out of 10.00 under semester system or 65% marks in the Masters degree alone are eligible to apply for admission to PhD degree programme in Veterinary and Animal Sciences. For SC / ST candidates, a minimum
pass is sufficient.
=> Candidates who have graduated at Masters level in one discipline cannot seek admission in another discipline.
=> Candidates with BVSc & AH degree and Masters degree in the concerned field of specialization from a recognised University shall alone be eligible to apply (Except Animal Biotechnology and Livestock Products Technology).
=> However, for PhD in Animal Biotechnology, candidates with MVSc degree in any field of specialization (except Animal Husbandry Economics, Veterinary and Animal Husbandry Extension and Animal Husbandry Statistics) or M.Sc. degree in Biotechnology with basic BVSc & AH degree recognised as equivalent thereto shall be eligible to apply.
=> For PhD in Livestock Products Technology, candidates with MVSc degree in Dairy Science (or) Meat Science and Technology (or) Livestock Products Technology with a basic BVSc & AH degree recognised as equivalent thereto shall be eligible to apply.
=> For PhD in Food Technology, candidates with M.Sc in Food Technology, Food Science and Technology, Post Harvest Technology, Food Processing Technology, Food Process Engineering, Dairy Technology, Dairy Engineering, Biochemistry/Food Chemistry and candidates with Master Degree in Food Technology related engineering Subjects shall be eligible to apply candidates with an OGPA of 2.75 out of 4.00 under trimester system or 6.50 out of 10.00 under semester system or 55% marks in conventional system in masters degree alone or eligible for admission to PhD in Food Technology. For SC / ST candidates, a minimum pass is sufficient.
Candidates are advised to refer to official notifications /documents for detailed application procedure. IndCareer.com published details for informational purpose.
Filled in applications should reach the Chairman, Admission Committee Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Madhavaram Milk Colony, Chennai-600 051 on or before 12.08.2015 at 5.00 pm.
Online Application form can be downloaded from official website of Ph.D Degree Programmes: http://www.tanuvas.tn.nic.in/pg_admission/applnformphd.pdf
Candidates are required to submit following:
1. Filled in application with passport size photograph.
2. Registration fee in the form of Demand Draft.
3. Nativity Certificate in the prescribed format (if applicable).
4. Attested copy of the SSLC / HSC mark sheet or First page of Service Register in proof of date of birth.
5. Attested copy of the Community Certificate. Employees of TANUVAS and Government of Tamil Nadu can enclose attested copy of the first page of the Service Register in proof of community to which they belong.
6. Attested copy of the Provisional / Degree Certificate of Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree.
7. Attested copies of Statement of Marks / Report cards / Transcript card showing the details of courses underwent and the marks/OGPA obtained in the degree course concerned.
8. Attested copy of the conduct certificate from the Head of the Institution last studied.
9. Duly filled hall ticket (do not stitch the hall-ticket to the application form). Use gem clip for attachment to the application form.
10. Attested copy of the Service Certificate showing the details of service / experience.
11. Copies of Research article, Popular article, Book, Manual, Booklet published, Proof for Medals / Awards etc., (for PhD, MSc, MPhil and PG Diploma in Bioinformatics candidates only) need to be enclosed
For detailed information regarding application procedure, applications, eligibility and other related information, candidates should refer the official notification. Please visit http://www.tanuvas.tn.nic.in for further reference.
MBA Important dates section aims to list all important dates such as date of availability of form, last submission date, result date, counselling date, etc.
Candidates for PhD degree programme will be selected based on the marks obtained in the Entrance Examination
Admission to PhD degree course shall be made by Counseling on the basis of total marks duly applying the rule of reservation. Candidates securing less than 50% of total marks shall not be called for Counseling. SC/ST candidates securing less than 40% of total marks shall not be called for Counseling.
For more details please contact
Tamilnadu Veterinary Animal Sciences University,
Madhavaram Milk Colony,
Chennai - 600 051,
Phone: +91-44-25551586/ 87, 25554555/ 56
Fax: +91-44-25551576/ 85
Leave your comments for Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (TANUVAS) announces PhD Degree Programmes 2015comments powered by Disqus
Stay connected with us on