Yenepoya Nursing College, Mangalore invites applications for Post Basic Certificate Course in Palliative Care Nursing for the year 2015.
Post Basic Certificate Course in Palliative Care Nursing Admission is conducted by Yenepoya Nursing College, Mangalore
Number of Seats : 20 per batch
The Post Basic Certificate Course in Palliative Care Nursing is offered by Yenepoya Nursing College, a constituent college of Yenepoya University) in collaboration with the MediAcion, Germany, which is presently the largest German palliative care training institute. The overall aim of this course is to improve the knowledge and skills of nursing professionals in palliative care in order to enable them to provide quality care to the patients with serious and debilitating diseases. This course will equip the nurses to integrate the palliative care skill in their regular nursing practice. The course has been designed for the Indian need out of German Curriculum, the guidelines of European Association of Palliative Care (EAPC) & Indian Models. The module for the course has been prepared by the nursing faculty from different WHO collaborating palliative care centres in India.
Duration of the Course :
• Six months which includes 20 days of contact sessions (160 hrs) and 300 hours of clinical practice.
• Clinical Practice300 hrs) will be in candidates workplace only. (If they don't find a place for clinical practice they can be placed in Yenepoya Medical College Hospital during the course)
• Contact session will be in Februray, April, June & August 2015
• Each contact session will be of 5 days duration
On completion of this course the participants will be able to
1. Apply the principles of palliative care
2. Identify the various methods of pain management
3. Demonstrate skills in palliative care procedures
4. Communicate effectively with the patient & family at end stage illness
5. Get oriented to music therapy and acupressure
Highlights of the Course :
• Involves trained Indian teaching faculty and European trainers as additional faculty such as Music therapist, Acupressure therapist and an expert in psychodrama.
• The course will have 4 times 5 days of contact sessions.
• The course will be certified according to the guidelines of the European Association of Palliative Care.
Interested candidates should fulfill following eligibility criteria:
=> Candidates who have completed Diploma Nursing, Basic B.Sc Nursing course/ Post Basic. B.Sc Nursing course, MSc nursing & any other higher qualification in nursing are eligible to apply.
=> Minimum of 80% attendance (Contact programme) is compulsory to appear for the exam.
=> Medium of instruction is English.
The total course fee is Rs. 10,000 (Can be paid in four instalments of Rs. 2,500 during the contact sessions).
This includes registration, workshop fee, course handouts, field trips, meals during contact sessions, use of online learning portal YENGAGE, use of departmental library & award of certificate. This doesn't cover boarding & lodgings, which can be arranged upon request.
Post Basic Certificate Course in Palliative Care Nursing Important dates section aims to list all important dates such as date of availability of form, last submission date, result date, counselling date, etc.
Post Basic Certificate Course in Palliative Care Nursing
For more details please contact
Dr. Asha. P. Shetty
Yenepoya Nursing College Yenepoya University Deralakatte, Mangalore575O18
E-mail : yncofficeQgmail.com, principalyncQvenepova.eduin
Leave your comments for Post Basic Certificate Course in Palliative Care Nursing Admission 2015 @ Yenepoya Nursing College, Mangalorecomments powered by Disqus
Stay connected with us on