University of Calcutta, Kolkata invites applications for PhD Programme in Linguistics for the year 2015.
PhD Programme in Linguistics Admission is conducted by University of Calcutta, Kolkata.
Applications are invited for admission in the Department of Linguistics, University of Calcutta, for the Ph.D. programme leading to Ph. D. degree in Linguistics. Admission to the programme will be granted to a maximum of 5 candidates. The policy of reservation will apply as per rules.
Candidates are advised to refer to official notifications /documents for detailed application procedure. IndCareer.com published details for informational purpose.
=> Successful candidates will be called for an interview subsequently. The final selection for the Ph.D programme will be done on the basis of this interview. Applicants who have already passed NET/SET/ SLET/GATE/Teacher Fellowship or equivalent examinations are not required to
appear at the written examination.
=> They are required to appear in the interview.
=> Candidates are requested to download the application form from the University Website at the link below. Candidates are to submit the application at the office of the Department of Linguistics, University of Calcutta along with a payment of Rs. 100/‐ only through Challan. The
last date for submission of application forms is the 30th January, 2015.
Online Application form can be downloaded from official website of PhD Linguistics: http://www.caluniv.ac.in/Phd_Dlit/PH.%20D%20FORMAT.pdf
Candidates are required to submit following:
1. Xerox copy of the filled in application form along with this original form.
2. Two Xerox copies (attested) of Master Degree Mark sheet/ Certificate.
3. Two Xerox copies (attested) of Calcutta University registration certificate.
4. Six copies of Synopsis duly countersigned by the Supervisor with Seal.
5. No objection certificate from employer in original along with a Xerox copy of the same, in case of employed applicant.
6. Two photographs (Passport size), one to be affixed on this form with the Supervisor’s signature & seal and one without
signature & seal to be attached (for use in the Ph.D. registration letter) with this form.
7. Two attested copies of ‘ probationary Ph.D. student` enrolment certificate for the Ph.D. programme issued by the concerned
University department. Not meant for sister Institute candidate.
8. The equivalence certificate issued by the University of Calcutta for qualifying degree obtained by the students from other
9. In case of change of subject the endorsement of concerned Ph.D committee is required (Vide 3.3 & 4.9 of the new Ph.D
regulation). Meant for Sister Institute candidates only.
10. Xerox copy of the relevant certificate for SC/ST/OBC/PC.
Application Fee : Rs. 500/-
PhD Linguistics Important dates section aims to list all important dates such as date of availability of form, last submission date, result date, counselling date, etc.
Ph.D. Programme in Linguistics
For more details please contact
University of Calcutta,
Phone No: 22410071/22410072/22410073/22410074/22410075 Ext – 258
Email: [email protected]
Leave your comments for PhD Programme in Linguistics 2015 at University of Calcuttacomments powered by Disqus
Stay connected with us on