Ph.D Degree in Law is conducted by NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad
NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad, an institution of eminence in the field of legal education and research, is a residential University established by the NALSAR University which is committed to innovation in legal education whilst expanding the frontiers of legal research.
The following number of seats are available against each of the below mentioned subject areas:
=> Constitutional Law – 05 Seats
=> IPR – 02 Seats
=> Personal Laws-04 Seats
=> International Law-01 Seats
=> Sociology of Law-02 Seats
=> Disability Rights -01 Seats
=> Legal Theory-01 Seats
=> Environmental Law-04 Seats
=> Labour Laws-04 Seats
=> Administrative Law-02 Seats
=> Criminal Law-04 Seats
=> Corporate Law-02 Seats
=> International Relations-02 Seats
=> Law and Poverty-01 Seat
=> Aviation Law-04 Seats
=> Private International Law-02 Seats
=> Women Health and Child Rights-02 Seats
=> International Trade Law-01 Seat
=> Business Administration-02 Seats
=> General-02 Seats
Interested candidates should fulfill following eligibility criteria:
=> obtained a Master’s Degree in Law from a recognized University with not less than 55% marks or its equivalent; or
=> obtained a Master’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized University with not less than 55% marks or its equivalent; Provided that candidates with qualifications in social sciences, humanities and sciences may be admitted to the programme if the research they wish to pursue interfaces with the discipline of law with a special focus on Public Policy or Law. or
=> Judge of any State High Court in India with three years experience or Judge of Supreme Court of India; or
=> Passed the Company Secretary examination conducted by the Institute of Company Secretaries of India and awarded the Associate Membership of the Institute (ACS).
=> The candidates shall be eligible for admission to the programme if the research they wish to pursue interfaces with the discipline of law with a special focus on Public Policy or Law; or
=> Passed the final examination of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, New Delhi.
=> Provided that the requirement of 55% marks or equivalent in the Master’s Degree is relaxed to 50% marks or equivalent in the case of SC / ST candidates and Persons with Disability. Or
=> Candidates who have appeared in the qualifying examination but awaiting results are also eligible to apply.
=> The result of the qualifying examination shall be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission, failing which their candidature cannot be considered for admission.
Candidates are advised to refer to official notifications /documents for detailed application procedure. IndCareer.com published details for informational purpose.
1. The admission shall be through a written test to be conducted on Saturday, October 10, 2015 2:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. at NALSAR University Campus, Justice City, Shameerpet, Hyderabad.
2. Candidates who have qualified for UGC NET / JRF / SLET /Ph.D. are exempted from taking the admission test.
3. All the candidates who have cleared the admission test as well as those who were exempted from appearing for it are required to submit a preliminary proposal of about 1000 words including hypothesis and the statement of problem. The interview will be on the research methods and survey of literature.
4. All Research Proposals including the preliminary proposals will be screened through the anti-plagiarism software. If the percentage of plagiarism for any proposal exceeds 15% then the candidates will not be called for the interview.
5. All the candidates who have cleared the admission test and the interview, they will be provisionally admitted forPh.D will be required to attend Research Methodology course to be conducted by the University.
6. After successful completion of the Research Methodology course, the candidates can submit their research proposal.
7. The research proposals shall be evaluated by all members of the Research Committee and based on their evaluation, research proposals considered worthy of approval shall be short listed.
8. All candidates whose proposals are short listed for approval shall be required to present their research proposal to the Research Committee. Subsequent to this presentation, the Committee shall either allow the candidates to register forPh.D or seek their proposals to be re-submitted in accordance with suggested modifications.
9. Candidates who have cleared the admission test and the interview and also completed the Research Methodology course shall be given two more opportunities to re-submit their proposal on the basis of the recommendations of the Research Committee.
The Application Form can be downloaded from the University website and the filled in form should be sent along with a Demand Draft for Rs.2,000/- (Rs. 1,000/- in case of S.C. and S.T. candidates along with Caste Certificate) in favour of “Registrar, NALSAR University of Law” payable at Hyderabad. The duly filled in Form must reach the Registrar on or before September 14, 2015. Applications received after the last date shall not be accepted.
Online Application form can be downloaded from official website ofPh.D Degree in Law: Click here to download application form
Registration fee to be paid along with Application* : Rs. 2,000/- (Rs. 1,000/- for SC/ST)
Admission Fee : Rs.10,000/- for Indian Nationals and US $ 750 for Foreign Nationals
Tuition Fee* : Rs. 20,000/- (one time to be paid at the time of admission)
Library Fee* : Rs. 5,000/- p.a.
Ph.D Degree in Law Important dates section aims to list all important dates such as date of availability of form, last submission date, result date, counselling date, etc.
Total Marks : 100
Duration : 2 ½ Hours
For more details please contact
NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad
Justice City, Shameerpet, R.R. Dist – 500 101.
Ph: 91- 40 – 23498105 / 108
Fax: 040 – 23498385 / 386
E-mail: [email protected]
Leave your comments for NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad invites applications for PhD Degree Admission 2015comments powered by Disqus
Stay connected with us on