Birla Institute of Technology (BIT), Mesra invites applications for Master of Computer Application (MCA) for the year 2015.
Master of Computer Application (MCA) Admission is conducted by Birla Institute of Technology (BIT), Mesra.
Interested candidates should fulfill following eligibility criteria:
1) Candidates must have passed with minimum 60% (55% for SC/ST/PwD) marks in average of all subjects in Class 10.
2) Candidates must have passed with minimum 60% (55% for SC/ST/PwD) marks in average of all subjects in Class 12 / Equivalent Examination. The candidates must have passed in Mathematics /Computer Science as one of the subject in Class 12 / Equivalent Examination.
3) Candidates must hold a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent qualification of any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislatures in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India / AIU. This degree must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling [Class 12 or equivalent] (10+2+3 system).
4) Candidates must have one of following qualifications:
a) Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA), or
b) B.Sc. in Computer Science / Information Technology / Electronics, or
c) B.Sc. with Mathematics or Statistics as one of the subjects at graduate level.
5) Candidates with above mentioned qualifications (item-4) must have minimum 60% (55% for SC/ST/PwD) marks in average in graduation, marks to be computed as average of marks obtained in all subjects in which candidate has appeared.
6) Candidates with B.Sc. Honours must have minimum 60% (55% for SC/ST/PwD) marks in average in their Honours subject.
7) Candidates appearing for final examinations of their Bachelor’s programme in 2015 can also apply, provided they have obtained requisite marks or equivalent (as per item 5 or 6 above) based on latest available grades / marks at the time of applying, and if selected can join the programme provisionally. At the time of reporting for the documents verification cum admission such an applicant must bring a certificate in original from the Principal of Institute stating that:
a) by 30 June 2015, (s)/he will have appeared for examination in all subjects required for obtaining his/her Bachelor’s degree.
b) (s)/he has obtained requisite marks or equivalent (as per item (5 or 6) above), based on latest available grades / marks.
Their admission will be confirmed only when they submit the mark sheet and a certificate of having passed the Bachelor's degree / equivalent qualification with requisite marks as per item (5 or 6) above. They must submit proof of passing their final examinations with requisite marks by
31 October 2015. Non-fulfillment of this condition will automatically result in the cancellation of the provisional admission.
8) Candidates with qualifications acquired through correspondence or distance-learning programmes are eligible only if (a) the programmes are recognized by the DEC-IGNOU, (b) they have passed the qualifying examination at the time of applying, with minimum 60% marks in average (55% for SC/ST/PwD) calculated as per item (5 or 6) above. They must enclose photocopies of pass certificate and marksheets of qualifying examination with their
application. [Appearing candidate in distance learning programmes, whose results are yet to be declared, are not eligible to apply].
Candidates are advised to refer to official notifications /documents for detailed application procedure. IndCareer.com published details for informational purpose.
=> To start online application, click on the link “Apply Online”, create ‘username’ and ‘password’ when prompted. Do not share the username and password with anyone.
=> To apply for the MCA programme 2015, eligible candidates must complete and submit the online application form available on Institute website www.bitmesra.ac.in. Pay application fee of Rs.2,500/- (General / OBC candidates) or Rs.1,500/- (SC/ST candidates) through State Bank Collect - net banking or debit/credit card of any nationalized bank in favour of “Birla Institute of Technology” within the given time period. [Fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances].
=> Send a printout of the completed form along with required enclosures (see List of Enclosures) in a A4 size envelope by Speedpost / reliable courier (means by which sender may track its movement on internet) to the office of Dean Admissions & Academic Coordination, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi – 835215, to reach positively by the due date.
=> Write “Application for MCA 2015 on top of the envelope”.
=> Applications reaching us after the due date are liable to be rejected / may not be processed.
Online Application form can be downloaded from official website of MCA: www.bitmesra.ac.in
Application Fee: Rs.2,500/- (General / OBC candidates) or Rs.1,500/- (SC/ST candidates)
MCA Important dates section aims to list all important dates such as date of availability of form, last submission date, result date, counselling date, etc.
Master of Computer Application (MCA)
=> The selections will be made on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate in MCA 2015 Online Entrance Test conducted by the Institute.
=> Candidates called for the document verification will be offered admission subject to fulfilling the eligibility conditions.
=> The waitlisted candidates may be called for document verification and admission process against the vacant seats, if any, in successive rounds, as required. The same will be intimated on the Institute website only as web notifications. No separate intimation will be sent to candidates.
For more details please contact
BIT Mesra Campus
Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra
Ranchi, Jharkhand 835215
PABX: +91 651 2275444/2275896
Fax: 0651 2275401
Leave your comments for MCA programme 2015 @ Birla Institute of Technology (BIT), Mesracomments powered by Disqus
Stay connected with us on