National Institute of Technology, Rourkela invites applications for Centralized Counselling for M.Tech./ M.Arch./ M.Plan. (CCMT) for the year 2015.
Centralized Counselling for M.Tech./ M.Arch./ M.Plan. (CCMT) is an yearly exam conducted for admissions to M.Tech./ M.Arch./ M.Plan in 28 National Institute of Technology (NITs) and reputed Centrally Funded Technical Institutions.
CCMT is organized by National Institute of Technology, Rourkela
Centralized Counselling for M.Tech./ M.Arch./ M.Plan. (CCMT) is a convenient platform for the students to apply for M.Tech./ M.Arch./ M.Plan. programmes, based on their GATE score of years 2014 and 2015, in 28 NITs and reputedCentrally Funded Technical Institutions namely Central University of Rajasthan, Institute of Technology, Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya, Bilaspur, ABV-IIITM Gwalior, IIITDM Jabalpur, IIIT Allahabad, IIIT Srirangam, Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology (SLIET) Longowal, Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology (IIEST) Shibpur, National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology (NIFFT) Ranchi, and School of Planning and Architecture (SPA) Vijayawada. This centralized system has replaced the older system, wherein students had to apply individually to various institutes and go to every institute for appearing in interview / counselling. The older system caused a lot of difficulties to students such as filling multiple applications, travelling long distances to various institutes across the country and missing some institutes due to overlapping admission dates. Centralized counselling has provided a system wherein the students can fill one online application form from their homes and apply to all programmes in all the participating institutions to which they are eligible. The overall convenience of students has been enormously increased due to centralized counselling.
The CCMT was successfully organized by MNIT Jaipur in 2012, 2013 and 2014. This year, CCMT is being organized by NIT Rourkela and four new participating Institutes namely NIT Manipur, NIT Sikkim, Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology Shibpur and IIIT Srirangam have joined in the centralized counselling.
=> Travel to destination institute before starting of classes for taking admission is not necessary
=> Full fee payment on-line to CCMT before provisional admission letter is generated.
=> National Spot Round (NSR) with non-refundable (if alloted a seat) advance deposit of ₹40,000/- (OC/OB) or ₹10,000/- (SC/ST) and advance document verification.
Interested candidates should fulfill following eligibility criteria:
For a candidate to be eligible for M.Tech./ M.Arch./M. Plan. programme:
=> A candidate must have a valid GATE Score in the year 2014 or 2015 (calculated as per year 2015 procedure).
=> M.Tech./ M.Arch./ M.Plan. admission will be 6.5 CGPA (on a 10-point scale) or 60% for OC/OB whereas 6.0 CGPA (on a 10-point scale) or 55% in case of SC/ST/PWD candidates in the qualifying degree. However, for IIEST, Shibpur, the eligibility criteria for all programs is minimum 7.25 CGPA (on a 10-
point scale) or 65% for OC/OB candidates and 6.75 CGPA (on a 10-point scale) or 60% for SC/ST/PWD candidates, in aggregate. The above mentioned CGPA/Percentage should be awarded by the University/Institute.
=> In case, result of qualifying degree is awaited, provisional admission is permitted to a student subject to meeting above minimum academic requirements latest by September 15, 2015. In these cases, all exams should have been completed by July 15, 2015 and B. Tech/ M .Sc/ MCA results should have been declared with NO backlog papers and 60% marks/6.5 CGPA till pre-final semester. A certificate to that effect and Mark sheet/Grade card till pre-final semester should be submitted at the Reporting Centre during document verification.
=> B. Tech/ M .Sc/ MCA results declared with NO backlog papers and 60% marks/6.5 CGPA obtained till prefinal semester provided all exams should have been completed by 15th July 2015 for graduating students with a certificate to that effect and marksheet/grade card till pre-final semester.
=> Conversion from CGPA to percentage or vice versa given by individual institute will not be considered /allowed.
=> In every programme only certain combinations of eligibility degree disciplines and GATE subjects are allowed.
=> In certain programmes candidates would be eligible only if they have taken Mathematics as a subject in 10+2 (Class XII)/three years Diploma in Engg./Arch. Certain programmes have additional specific eligibility requirements
Candidates are advised to refer to official notifications /documents for detailed application procedure. IndCareer.com published details for informational purpose.
1. The procedure for exercising choices and seeking pertinent information is guided through appropriate messages and tabs on the computer screen.
2. As per the eligibility of the candidate, available programmes related to Institute and Department will be displayed.
However, there may be some cases of not checking all eligible conditions by the online process. It would be the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that she/he fulfills all the necessary eligibility conditions of the M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan. programme before filling that programme as a choice. They are advised to go through the brochure (eligibility and special eligibility conditions) or seek information from individual Institute’s website or by contacting Institutes themselves regarding eligibilities conditions of their programmes.
3. Candidate can fill in as many choices in the order of preference as she/he wishes from the list of available programmes.
4. Candidates are permitted, if they so desire, to change or re-order their choices, delete earlier choices and add new choices any number of times until they lock their final choices. Choices should be positively locked by the closing date given in the schedule (Section 5.7).
5. If a candidate does not fill even a single choice before the last date of registration, she/he will not be allowed to participate in the counselling process.
6. If a candidate does not register, she/he cannot participate in any round of the counselling process including NSR.
Online Application form can be downloaded from official website of CCMT: http://www.ccmt.in/index.php/registration/registration-process.html
Candidates are required to submit following Documents:
Candidates should carry the following documents at the time of reporting to the RC:
1. Printout of the registration form, locked choices.
2. Provisional seat allotment letter downloaded from the CCMT website (coloured photograph pasted on it)
3. Original GATE score card (2014 or 2015) (web-copy/photocopy will be invalid)
4. Photo ID proof as per Govt. of India norms
5. Original Certificate of Date of Birth issued by competent authority/Class X (High School) Board Certificate as proof
of date of birth
6. Original Mark sheet of Class XII
7. Original Grade/Mark sheets of qualifying examination for all semesters
8. Original Degree / Provisional certificate, if degree is completed
9. Original Certificate of category (OBC/SC/ST), if applicable, as per Government of India, issued by the competent authority. In case of OBC category, the certificate must be issued on or after April 1, 2015.
10. Undertaking by the candidate regarding OBC status in the required format (Annexure III)
11. Original Certificate for Persons With Disabilities (PWD), if applicable, issued by the competent authority
12. Proof of payment of part Institute fee of ₹ 20,000/- for first three rounds [₹ 40,000/- (OC/OB) or ₹ 10,000/-(SC/ST) for NSR]
13. Original Migration certificate of last institute/university attended
14. Passport size photographs 4 no’s.
15. Original Conduct Certificate from head of the institution last attended
16. Original Transfer certificate from the head of the institution last attended
17. Original Course completion certificate from the Head of the University/Institute in case result is awaited
18. Two sets of self-attested photocopy of all the original documents
The registration fee is ₹ 1500/- for SC/ST and ₹ 2000/- for OC/OB, payable only by Credit/Debit Card/Internet Banking/NEFT. The registration fee is non-refundable and would not be adjusted towards any other fee.
CCMT Important dates section aims to list all important dates such as date of availability of form, last submission date, result date, counselling date, etc.
The admission process broadly involves the following five stages:
(i) Online registration, choice filling and locking of choices
(ii) Online seat allotment
(iii) Payment of part Institute fee
(iv) Report to reporting centre after paying the part Institute fee
(v) Payment of balance Institute fee and Joining in the allotted Institute.
For more details please contact
Local Organizing Committee, CCMT 2015
National Institute of Technology Rourkela
Leave your comments for Centralized Counselling for M Tech, M Arch and M Plan Admissions (CCMT) 2015 Notificationcomments powered by Disqus
Stay connected with us on