Manipal University, Jaipur invites applications for PhD Entrance Examination for the year 2014 - 15. PhD Entrance Examination 2014-15 is conducted by Manipal University, Jaipur.
Interested candidates should fulfill following eligibility criteria:
=> Candidates who have qualified for Master’s degree (10 + 2 + 3 + 2 pattern or equivalent in that order) from any University recognized by UGC, with not less than 55% marks, or a CGPA of 5.5 and above in the 10 point scale, are eligible to register for Ph.D. in MUJ. SC/ST candidates are eligible for 5% exemption from the prescribed minimum marks.
=> Specialisations: Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics & Communication, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Civil Engineering, Architecture & Design, Fashion & Textile Designing, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Bio-Sciences, Hindi, English, Psychology, Philosophy, Economics, Journalism & mass Communication, Management and Commerce.
=> Master’s degree qualifying marks
- 55% marks or 5.5 CGPA and above in the 10 point scale
- 50% marks and above for SC/ST, physically or visually challenged candidates.
Candidates are advised to refer to official notifications /documents for detailed application procedure. IndCareer.com published details for informational purpose.
Candidates should download the Ph.D. Application Form from the Manipal University Jaipur website. The filled in Application Form, along with the prescribed documents and Demand Draft of Rs. 1000/- in favour of Manipal University Jaipur, payable at Jaipur should be sent to the Co-ordinator Ph.D. Programme latest by November 29, 2014.
Mailing Address for Application Form:
Co-ordinator, Ph.D. Programme
Manipal University Jaipur,
Village & Post-Dehmi Kalan
Jaipur-Ajmer Express Highway, Jaipur-303007,
Online Application form can be downloaded from official website of Ph.D: http://jaipur.manipal.edu/content/dam/manipal/muj/documents/Application%...
Candidates are required to submit following:
=> 10th Standard mark sheet
=> 12th standard mark sheet
=> Graduate Examination mark sheet
=> Post-graduate Examination mark sheet
=> 500 word brief research proposal
=> Work Experience Certificate, if any
=> Research Credentials if any
=> 2 Coloured Passport size photographs
=> NOC from the current employer, if applicable
=> Demand Draft of Rs.1000/- in Favour Manipal University Jaipur
For detailed information regarding application procedure, applications, eligibility and other related information, candidates should refer the official notification. Please visit http://jaipur.manipal.edu/ for further reference.
Ph.D Application Form Fee - Rs. 1000/-
Ph.D Important dates section aims to list all important dates such as date of availability of form, last submission date, result date, counselling date, etc.
=> The procedure for selection of candidates for provisional admission and registration shall be as follows
1) Selection shall be based on both written test and interview.
2) The written test will test the candidates for their grasp of Research Methodology and the specialized area of research. Candidates who have
passed M.Phil./UGC-CSIR/NET/JRF/SLET/GATE examinations, shall be exempted from the written test, but shall have to appear in the interview.
3) The Interview Board will be set up by the URC and will test the student, based on his research proposal. The constitution of interview Board will be as follows:
(a)All DRC members
(c) One expert from outside the Department
(d)One URC Nominee
4) The DRC will forward the list of selected candidates to the Co-ordinator Ph.D. programme.
5) The DRC will meet soon after the selections for research scholar are over and approve the research supervisors for the selected students depending upon the vacancy, based on the number of students per faculty member permitted by the University, the available specializations among the faculty and the chosen topic of research by the student. In no case shall the allocation of supervisor be left to the individual student or supervisor.
6) In the case of Part-time candidates, there has to be a co- supervisor at the place of work (College/Research Institution), if it is different from MUJ.
7) The DRC will satisfy itself that the selected topic for research is not a repetition of the work done earlier by the supervisor.
For more details please contact
Manipal University Jaipur,
Dehmi Kalan, Near GVK Toll Plaza,
Jaipur-Ajmer Express Highway, Jaipur,
Phone: +91 141-3999100
Leave your comments for PhD Entrance Examination 2014-15, Manipal University, Jaipurcomments powered by Disqus
Stay connected with us on