Applications are invited for admission to the Programme of Ph.D. in Business Management of the Department of Business Management, University of Calcutta. The admission to the Ph.D. Programme is guided by the ‘Regulation for the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy, Ph.D. Regulation 2009’ of Calcutta University and other relevant rules and orders of the University. Reservation Rules apply.
1. Written test will be conducted of 100 marks of 3 (three) hours duration. The modules of Test will be 3 (three) namely the following:
I. ‘Quantitative and Logical Reasoning’ with weight of 40%.
II. ‘Analysis of a Business Issue’ with weight of 30%.
III. Two Concept Papers’ (to be selected from the given research themes) with weight of 30%
2. Qualifying marks for written test: 40
3. Interview of 100 marks.
All candidates who qualify in the written test and the exempted category will have to appear for interview.
4. Selection would be made from the Written Test qualified candidates and the eligible exempted category candidates on the basis of the marks obtained in the Interview only (subject to clearance of equivalence).
1. Candidates must have completed their Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Management/ Human Resources Management/ Commerce/ Social Sciences/ Humanities (excluding Music, Visual Arts, Fine Arts & Dramatics)/ Sciences/ Law/ Library Science/ Technology/ Medicine or allied disciplines, subject to approval of Ph. D. Committee before registration.
a) from University of Calcutta or
b) from other UGC recognized Universities/ Institutes, with equivalence clearance from the Registrar’s Office, University of Calcutta.
2. Candidates who are exempted from Written Test under the ‘Regulation for the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy, Ph.D. Regulation 2009’ of Calcutta University may apply for appearing for Interview, subject to equivalence clearance from Registrar’s office, wherever required.
3. Minimum 55% marks in Masters Degree or equivalent is required.
All candidates (including those in exempted category) are required to Down Load the Application Form from the University Web Site: www.caluniv.ac.in (Admission Notification) or Departmental Website: www.bmcaluniv.org and submit the same to the Office of the Head on or before 19th September, 2014 in the Alipore Campus
1. List of candidates eligible for Written Test will be displayed on the Notice Board of the Department and also on the website: www.bmcaluniv.org on 22nd September, 2014 after 3 p.m. No personal intimation will be sent to any applicant.
2. Date, Time & Venue of Written Test: 27th September, 2014 at 12.00 noon in the Alipur Campus, University of Calcutta, 1, Reformatory Street, Kolkata –700 027.
3. List of candidates eligible for appearing at the interview will be displayed on the Notice Board of the Department and also on the website: www.bmcaluniv.org on 27th October, 2014 after 3 p.m.
4. Date of interview: 20th November, 2014 from 11 a.m. onwards and / or
21st November, 2014 from 11 a.m. onwards in the Department.
Leave your comments for Ph.D Business Management Admission 2014, University of Calcuttacomments powered by Disqus
Stay connected with us on