Application are invited for Ph.D and MS Programmes at International Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore. International Institute of Information Technology Bangalore (IIITB) invites applications for its research degree programs, namely, Ph.D. and M.S. by Research programs, for admissions in JULY of 2014. Both programs have full-time as well as part-time.
For applicants to Computer Science, Data Sciences, Embedded Systems & VLSI, Networking Communication & Signal Processing, and Software Engineering, a four-year bachelors degree in engineering (B.E., B.Tech. or equivalent) is required for M.S. by Research and a masters degree in engineering (M.E., M.Tech. or equivalent) is required for Ph.D. Additional specific requirements are as follows:
• Computer Science: M.S. by Research applicants should have a valid GATE score of at least 600 and Ph.D. applicants should have written/taken GRE or GATE in the last five years.
– Data Sciences: Applicants for this stream should have taken one of the following examinations:
• GATE examination for Computer Science
• A 45-minute written examination conducted by the research domain at IIITB exclusively for applicants to Data Sciences.
– Embedded Systems & VLSI: Applicants should have a GATE or GRE score.
– Networking, Communications & Signal Processing: Applicants are encouraged to take GATE or GRE examination. Exceptional applicants without a GATE or GRE score may take a IIITB entrance examination or oral examination, as decided by the research domain.
– Software Engineering: Applicants should have a GATE or GRE score.
• For applicants in Physics, eligible candidates should have satisfied one or more of the following requirements:
– (i) the minimum qualification required is an M.Sc. in Physics or a masters degree (M.Sc. , M.E., M.Tech. or equivalent) in related disciplines. Candidates should have appeared and qualified in a national entrance test (CSIR-UGC NET, UGC-NET, JEST or NBHM examination).
– (ii) Candidates with INSPIRE fellowships.
– (iii) Exceptional B.E. or B.Tech. candidates may also be considered provided they have qualified in one of the above-mentioned tests.
– (iv) Candidates who have held KVPY fellowships will also be considered. Candidates who may fall in category (ii) or (iv) of the eligibility criteria may also be required to appear in a written test conducted by the Institute.
* For full-time M.S. by Research students, a fellowship of INR 12,000/- per month for the first 18 months and INR 15,000/- for the next six months, is available in the form of teaching assistantships.
* For full-time Ph.D. students, a fellowship of INR 25,000/- per month for the first 3 years (extendable to 1 more year in deserving cases) is available in the form of teaching assistantships. Such funding for the Ph.D. students comes from within IIITB or with industry support from HP, IBM, Intel, Infosys, Motorola, Siemens, Microsoft, and other companies.
* The tuition fees, as applied for admissions in July 2014, for Ph.D. and M.S. by Research programs is INR 30,000/- per semester till the submission of the thesis.
* In addition, residential students currently pay approximately INR 3000/- towards hostel rent per month and approximately INR 4000/- per month for food expense. These rates are subject to revision from time to time. Other costs for books and supplies, travel, purchase of a laptop, etc., need to be factored by students depending on their individual circumstances.
* At the admissions website, http://www.iiitb.ac.in/admissions, applicant may find instructions, by Mar-15-2014, to access the online application form, fill it, and submit a completed application form as per the instructions given on the form.
* All applicants need to pay a non-refundable application fee of INR 1000/-. There are two options for making the payment: (a) via bank transfer, and (b) using demand draft. The detailed instructions will be available with the online application form.
* All queries may be sent via e-mail to the Institute: [email protected].
* On Jan-23-2014, the admissions brochure, degree program manuals, and other important docu- ments will be ready for download at http://www.iiitb.ac.in/admissions.
* Jan-01-2014: Call-for-Applications.
* Jan-08-2014: Free Admissions Brochure ready for download. Mar-15-2014: Online application submission begins.
* Apr-15-2014: Last date for online application submission with application fee remittance. Apr-22-2014: Last date for receiving recommendation letters.
* May-15-2014: Notification of selected candidate for on-site evaluation.
* Jun-01-2014: Written entrance examination (as required specifically by research domains) and interviews begin.
* Jun-05-2014: Last day for interviews.
* Jun-15-2014: Notification to admitted students.
* Jun-21-2014: Remittance of acceptance fee.
* Jul-31-2014: Joining date: orientation and course registration begins.
* Aug-04-2014: Classes begin.
* Aug-11-2014: Last date for add/drop courses, and course registration closes.
Leave your comments for Ph.D and MS Programmes International Institute of Information Technology, Bangalorecomments powered by Disqus
Stay connected with us on