Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB) has major research programs in Human, Animal & Plant Disease Biology. Applications are invited from post graduate in Chemical Sciences, Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Agriculture Sciences, Medical Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences and Veterinary Sciences for our Biotechnology Ph.D program affiliated to Manipal University.
* Post graduate degree in Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Agriculture Sciences, Medical Sciences, Veterinary Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, and Chemical Sciences
* General category applicants must have First Class or above in all examinations from 12th grade plus a valid Research Fellowship from UGC/CSIR/ICMR/DBT/DST-INSPIRE/KSCSTE and should be less than 28 years of age as on 01 January 2014. SC/ST candidates with a valid fellowship need to have only 50% marks, will be eligible for age relaxation as per rules, and are exempt from processing fees.
* Candidates with other fellowships are advised to contact the Dean to confirm eligibility
* Candidates awaiting final exam results can also apply. However only those candidates with a valid pass certificate will be allowed to appear for the selection interview
* Candidates without valid fellowships need not apply.
* Applications must be in the prescribed format (to download application click here .)
* Completed applications along with the required fees may be submitted to the Director, Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Thycaud PO, Thiruvananthapuram 695014, Kerala, India on or before June 9, 2014.
* Names of candidates called for the selection interview will be displayed on the RGCB website on June 11, 2014 and will also be notified by email the same day.
* Short listing will be done after a selection interview on June 23, 2014 and final selection of candidates after Faculty Interaction, to be held from June 24 to 27, 2014.
* The PhD program will begin on July 16, 2014.
* Total number of PhD student vacancies does not in any way imply that all will be filled.
* Short-listing as a potential PhD student at RGCB will depend on performance of the candidate at the selection interview
* Only those students who in the opinion of the selection committee are eligible to work at RGCB as a PhD student will be shortlisted. To be shortlisted, candidates have to score at least 70% marks in the selection interview.
* The selection committee will evaluate students in the following areas. Maximum mark distribution is given in brackets.
- Knowledge in Subject/ Specialization (40)
- General knowledge, awareness, research aptitude, ability to comprehend research questions, logical and creative thinking (30)
- Research Methodology and Instrumentation (20)
- Presentation and Communication skills (10)
* Final selection as a PhD student will be decided only after consent is obtained from the above stated faculty scientists on suitability of shortlisted candidates to work in their research program.
* RGCB's PhD Program is affiliated to Manipal University. The University expects the PhD program to be completed in three years although this is extendable by a year. The current university fee structure for the first year is Rs. 23,500 and then Rs. 12, 000 for subsequent years. There is a provision in RGCB to meet 70% of the fees from institute research funds The RGCB Director, may also sanction additional funds in specific deserving cases.
Last date of submission of applications: June 9, 2014
Displayed on the RGCB website on June 11, 2014
Interview on June 23, 2014
selection of candidates after Faculty Interaction, to be held from June 24 to 27, 2014
Leave your comments for Ph.D Admissions 2014 at Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Poojappuracomments powered by Disqus
Stay connected with us on