PhD Admission 2014 at Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology (VNIT), Nagpur.
Sponsored Candidate category from 100% centrally funded research laboratories including public sector and private industries #
Engineering : Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Computer Science, Chemical, Metallurgical & Materials, Mining , Applied Mechanics, Architecture Applied Sciences: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Humanities.
*Candidates desirous of seeking admission to Ph. D. (Full Time) programme with teaching assistantship should note that
1. Number of seats per department may change depending on the availability & suitability of the candidates.
2. Candidates having M. Tech. / M.E./ M.Arch./ M.Plan. qualification shall receive teaching assistantship @ Rs. 18,000/- per month for 1st / 2nd year and Rs. 20,000/- for 3rd year / 4th year subject to satisfactory progress.
3. Candidates having M Sc / M.A with valid GATE / NET qualification shall receive teaching assistantship @ Rs. 16,000/- per month for 1st / 2nd year and Rs. 18,000/- for 3rd year / 4th year subject to satisfactory progress.
4. Teaching assistantship shall be offered for a maximum period of four years only.
# Special instructions to the candidates seeking admission under Ph.D. (full time) sponsored candidate category from 100% centrally funded research laboratories including public sector and private industries:
• Date of notification - Mon, 10.05.2014
• Last date of submission of application - Wed, 04.06.2014
• Display of list of eligible candidates - Wed, 11.06.2014
• Written test for eligible candidates - Wed, 18.06.2014
• Interview for short listed candidates - 18.06.2014 & 19.06.2014
Candidates, whose M.E. / M.Tech/ M.Arch. / M.Plan. / M.Sc. result is awaited, can also apply for Ph.D. program. They will have to submit the result of M.E. / M.Tech/ M.Arch. / M.Plan. / M.Sc. exam by 31st of August 2014, till that time their registration will be provisional.
* B.E. / B. Tech./ AMIE in Civil Engineering AND M E / M.Tech in Structural Engineering related specialization with a minimum of First Class (C.P.I. or C.G.P.A. greater than 6.75 on a 10 point scale) at Bachelor’s or Master’s level. Qualified GATE score or equivalent national level exam in past.
The application form is available on Institute website www.vnit.ac.in. The form, duly filled in by the candidate, along with xerox copies of the certificates and photograph duly attested and crossed DD/ Bankers Check of amount Rs. 500/- (non-refundable) towards processing fee drawn in favour of The Director, VNIT, Nagpur, payable at Nagpur, should be send it to Dy. Registrar (Academic), VNIT, South Ambazari Road, Nagpur-440 010 and must reach on or before the last date of submission of application form (clearly mention admission category and department on the envelop in bold letters). Incomplete applications and applications received after the last date are liable to be rejected.
All Candidates will be required to appear for written test to be conducted in the respective departments on the date specified in the information brochure. Further, the candidates shortlisted on the basis of performance in the written test shall be interviewed. The written test will be of qualifying nature and the marks cutoff will be 40% to get qualified for appearing in interview. Candidates will be required to appear for written test / interview at their own cost.
Leave your comments for PhD Admission 2014 at Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology (VNIT), Nagpurcomments powered by Disqus
Stay connected with us on