U.G.C. regulation 2009 dated 1-6-2009, had recommended that all universities have to conduct the entrance test for the admission to the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy, before the registration of the candidate. The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda had also introduced the PET Examination (S.R. No: 27 (7) dated 6-9-2010) onwards and so far five examinations have been conducted. Our University had accepted the UGC admission procedure and had given exemptions to the candidates who have qualified in the National/ State eligibility examinations such as UGC-CSIR (NET)/ SET/GATE/DBT/ICMR/JRF etc.
Ph. D entrance test will have an examination on the similar line of UGC-CSIR (NET) examinations. The Entrance Test shall have 3 parts viz: Part-A General Aptitude ; Part-B- Subject in which candidate wants to appear and Part-C- Personality Test. The test will be conducted in the medium of English, except in the test for language subjects other than English. The question paper shall be of Multiple Choice Questions, and details of the syllabus etc can see in this website.
The candidates holding recognized Master’s degree or recognized equivalent to Master’s degree with 50% or equivalent grades(without grace marks or rounding off) are eligible to appear in this examination; where the subject vacancies are mentioned.
The candidates who have qualified in national/ state level competitive examination such as UGC-CSIR/NET/SET/GATE/GPAT/DBT/ICMR/,JRF and also M.Phil degree holder are exempted from appearing in PET examination.
On qualifying the PET examination the candidate can enroll himself/herself for Ph.D within a period of two years from the date of declaration of the result.
After qualifying the PET Examination (including Personality Test), the enrollment and registration will be done as per our University Ph.D. Ordinances.
General / OBC Candidates - Rs.1500/-
SC/ST/PH/VH candidates - Rs.1000/-
Mode of Payment :
* The examination fees can be paid only by a Demand Draft(DD) drawn on any Nationalized Bank payable at Vadodara in the name of "Coordinator, PET Examination, Vadodara ".
* Please note that fee submitted by any other mode like Cash, Money Order, Pay order, Cheque, IPO etc. will be rejected.
* Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
* The candidate has to attach the Demand Draft (DD) with the printout of online Application Form which he/she has to submit to the PET Agency office, Vadodara. Keep one xerox copy of Demand Draft with you for future reference.
* Candidates must read the 'ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA' carefully to satisfy themselves regarding their eligibility for the Test before online registration and submitting the printout of Online Application Forms. Before applying Online, candidates are advised to go through detailed notification available at PET website and also to be shortly published in the Local Newspapers and Employment News.
* First draw the Demand Draft(DD), drawn on any Nationalized Bank payable at Vadodara in the name of "Coordinator, PET Examination, Vadodara ", of amount of Rs. 1500/- For GENERAL/OBC(Non Creamy Layer) candidates & Rs. 1000/- (For SC/ST/VH(Visually Handicapped) / PH(Physically Handicapped) candidates. Please carry all the detailed information of your DD with you when you start filling the online form .
* It is extremely important to fill the details of Demand Draft like, DD Number, DD Date and Bank Name in the Application form which is compulsory for form submission.
* Please note that Fee submitted through any other mode like Cash, Money Order, Pay order, Cheque, IPO etc. will be summarily rejected.
Before applying Online, the candidates must possess the following :
(i) Scanned passport (pp) size photograph in JPEG format and should not be more then 100 kb
(ii) Demand Draft and its details. ( DD Number, DD Date and Bank Name)
(iii) Personal Details, Educational Details etc.
Candidate seeking admission to the Test must apply online through a link "Apply for PET " available on the PET agency website: www.gujaratset.ac.in/msupet as per the instruction given on the page. No other means/ mode of application will be accepted
When a candidate click the "Apply for PET " Button a window will appear entitled "Online Registration for Ph. D Enterance Test (PET Examination) ".
click the button "Register for PET" to fill up the Application Form Online.
Please fill correct information carefully in the online application form and follow the on screen instructions for filling up application form.Confirm that your Name, Subject, Category, Physically or Visually handicapped, DD Details and all other details filled are correct. No correction will be made after you submit the application form. PET agency Office will not be responsible for loss arising out of these to the candidates.
* Candidate has to upload his / her recent passport size photo which must be readily available with them, scanned in JPEG format with 140 X 160 pixels dimension and the file size should not more than 100 kb. To upload the photo click "Browse" button.
After filling all the information correctly please click "SUBMIT" button given below the page.
After you submit your details, your APPLICATION NUMBER will be generated and displayed on the page. Please note down your APPLICATION NUMBER correclly and carefully for all future purposes and correspondences, to reprint the application form, to download Examination Hall ticket and to download Results. After taking down the APPLICATION NUMBER, please click on button "NEXT".
After successful submission & confirmation, the candidate should take printout of filled online Application Form two copies on A-4 size paper only in PORTRAIT orientation to have it on one single page.
Write down your Name, Application Number and Contact Number on the back side of Demand Draft.
Please submit the Hard copy of the Application form and other enclosures in following sequence.
A) Hard(Printed) copy of the Application form(Single Copy)
B) DD drawn on any Nationalized Bank payable at Vadodara in the name of "Coordinator , PET Examination, Vadodara ".
C) Photo(Xerox) copy of Caste Certificate in case of SC/ ST/ OBC candidate.
D) Photo(Xerox) copy of Medical Certificate given by Competent Authority in case of Visually or Physically Handicapped Candidates.
E) Photo(Xerox) copy of Gazette Copy (in case of change in name only) / Marriage certificate(in case a female candidate has changed her name from maiden name.)
* The candidates must affix their recent passport size photographs, at the places indicated, on the printout of Online Application Form and must sign across the photograph after it is affixed.
* The candidates must put their signature at the places indicated, on the printout of Online Application Form.
The candidates are required to download the cover page Proforma from the link "Download Cover Page" available on the page entitled "Online Registration for Ph. D Entrance Test(PET Examination) " on PET Agency 's website and then paste the cover page on the 30 cm x 24 cm size envelope. Put the printed application form, Demand Draft and other enclosures in the envelope and send it to PET Agency office, Vadodara within the prescribed time limit.
* Keep One copy of the printout of online Application Form and a xerox copy of Demand Draft for your record.
SC/ST/PH/VH candidates must enclose the attested copy of certificate for the same. The certificate must be in candidate's own name and not in father's or Husband's name.
* It is compulsary that the Application (consisting of one copy of printout of online application form) and Demand Draft alongwith required documents (as mentioned above & in Enclosures) must reach the PET Agency office, Vadodara within the prescribed time limit..
Application received at PET Agency office after the last date of submission will be rejected.
In order to avoid last minute rush, the candidates are advised to apply early. PET will not be responsible for network problems or any other problem of this nature.
The Ph. D Entrance Test (PET) examination will be conducted on Sunday, 9th March 2014.
The online application form can be submitted from 4th February 2014, 11.00 a.m. to 28th February 2014, 05.00 p.m. To avoid last minute rush, please apply early.
Leave your comments for PET 2014 Ph.D. Entrance Test, Maharaja Sayajirao University of Barodacomments powered by Disqus