The National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER) at S.A.S. Nagar (Mohali) was created as a centre of excellence in imparting higher education, research and development in pharmaceutical sciencesand is the first Institute of its kind in the country. The Institute was declared as an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India through an Act of Parliament, notified on 26th June 1998. During the years 2007 and
2008, Govt. of India established six more NIPERs at the following locations with the help of mentor institutes:-
Ahmedabad [Mentor Institute-B.V. Patel Pharmaceutical Education and Research Development (PERD) Centre,Ahmedabad].
Guwahati [Mentor Institute- Government Medical College, Guwahati]
Hajipur [Mentor Institute- Rajendra Memorial Research Institute of Medical Sciences, Patna]
Hyderabad [Mentor Institute-Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad]
Kolkata [Mentor Institute-Indian Institute of Chemical Biology. Kolkata]
Rae Barelli [Mentor Institute-Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow]
M.S.(Pharm.)(Medicinal Chemistry/Natural Products); M.Pharm. Pharmaceutical Chemistry); M.Tech. (Pharm.) (Bulk Drugs); M.Sc. (Organic Chemistry)
M.S.(Pharm.) [Natural Products/Medicinal Chemistry/Traditional Medicines]; M.Pharm.[Pharmaceutical Chemistry/Pharmacognosy]; M.Tech.(Pharm.) [Bulk Drugs]; M.Sc. (Organic Chemistry)
M.S.(Pharm.) [Pharmacoinformatics/Medicinal Chemistry/Natural Products]; M.Tech. (Pharm.) [Bulk Drugs]; M.Sc./ M.Tech. (Bioinformatics); M.Sc.[Organic/Physical/Pharmaceutical Chemistry/Biochemistry/Biophysics/Biotechnology/ Microbiology]
M.S. (Pharm.); M.Tech. (Pharm.); M.Sc. (Organic Chemistry)
Pharmacology & Toxicology: Offering NIPERs- Guwahati; Hyderabad; S.A.S. Nagar
M.S.(Pharm.) [Pharmacology & Toxicology/Biotechnology/Regulatory Toxicology]; M.Pharm.
(Pharmacology); M.Sc. (Pharmacology/Toxicology/Zoology/Biochemistry/Medical Biotechnology/Microbiology); M.D.(Pharmacology); M.V.Sc.(Pharmacology/Pathology/Biotechnology)
Biotechnology: Offering NIPERs- Guwahati; Hajipur; S.A.S. Nagar
M.S.(Pharm.) or M.Pharm. or M.Tech. (Pharm.) in (Medicinal Chemistry/ Natural Products/Pharmacology & Toxicology/Formulation/Biotechnology/Pharmaceutics/Pharmacoinformatics); M.E. or
M.Tech. (Biotechnology/Life Sciences/Computational Sciences); M.Sc. in Biological Sciences(Biotechnology/ Biochemistry/Botany/Zoology/Physiology/Life Sciences); M.Sc. in Chemistry (Organic)/Pharmaceutical Chemistry/Computational Sciences; M.V.Sc.; MCA
Department, Offering NIPERs and Eligibility Criteria
Pharmacy Practice: Hajipur
M.Pharm.(Pharmacy Practice/Community Pharmacy/Hospital Pharmacy/Clinical Pharmacy)
* The Doctoral research programme of the Institute is classified into the following three disciplines. A candidate can apply for any one of the following disciplines:
* Chemical Sciences: Includes departments of (i)Medicinal Chemistry, (ii) Natural Products (iii)
Pharmacoinformatics (iii) Pharmaceutical Technology(Process Chemistry)
* Biological Sciences: Includes departments of (i) Pharmacology & Toxicology (ii) Biotechnology (iii)Pharmacy Practice
* Pharmaceutical Sciences: Includes departmentsof (i) Pharmaceutical Analysis (ii) Pharmaceutics
* Applicants shall register online on www.niper.gov.in/admissions.html as per instructions given on the website. The process of online registration
shall commence on 14th April 2014 and will continuetill 28th April, 2014, 5.00 P.M. However, before registration, applicants shall have to remit registration fee of Rs. 1500 (Rs. 750 for SC/ST) through:-
* Online transfer to Account Number 65116506648 (NIPER Net Banking Account of State Bank of Patiala, NIPER Campus Branch, Sector-67,
Mohali, Branch Code No. 51018; IFSC No.STBP0001018).
* Applicants can also transfer registration fee by depositing it any branch of State Bank of Patiala across
the country into the Account Number 65129619046,
NIPER Fee Account of State Bank of Patiala, NIPER Campus Branch, Sector-67, Mohali, Branch Code No. 51018. Applicants shall fill up “Fee Deposit Slips” in triplicate. “Fee Deposit Slip” will be available on website www.niper.gov.in/admissions.html and is also forming
part of the Ph.D. Admission Notification 2014 on the website
* Applicants shall have to fill up all items given in online registration form (including bank UTR No./NEFT No./Journal no. (for State Bank of Patiala users) and date of online payment made for Rs. 1500/Rs. 750),uploading soft copy of recent photograph and scanned signatures, submit form, take printout of the Registration slip (incomplete forms or forms which are not properly submitted will not be accepted), put
signatures at the bottom of registration slip and attach
following:- i) copy of the award letter (if any) pertaining to NET-JRF of CSIR/DBT/UGC/ICMR etc. ii)
Sponsorship certificate from Industry/Government sponsored candidates (as per format given at
Annexure-2). iii) Photocopy of acknowledgement of bank receipt (containing UTR No./NEFT No./Journal No.) towards registration fee. Indian nationals residing abroad and foreign nationals have to remit US$100 (or equivalent in Indian Rupees) through online transfer to the above account numbers. Payment by cheque/Postal Order will not be accepted.
* Printout of the Registration slip alongwith attachments should be sent to Chairman, NIPER Ph.D Joint Admission Test, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, (NIPER), Sector 67, S.A.S.Nagar (Mohali), Punjab, 160062, (through speed post/registered post) so
as to reach NIPER or before 7th May 2014, 5.00 P.M. The Institute will not be responsible for any loss or postal delay. Registration slips received after the due date will not be considered. No correspondence/inquiry in this regard will be entertained. The Institute shall not be held responsible for misplacement of any loose sheet. Therefore, all the documents are required to be submitted properly tied together
* Written Test will be held on Sunday, the 8th June, 2014 at Ahmedabad,Bangalore,Chandigarh, Delhi,Hyderabad,Jaipur,Kolkata,Lucknow, Mumbai,Nagpur and Pune. Based on the performance in the written test, list of candidates to be called for interview will be displayed on the website ww.niper.gov.in/admissions.html on 16th June 2014. Interview will be held on 21st and 22nd July, 2014 at NIPER, S.A.S. Nagar. No TA/DA will be paid for attending written test and interview. Candidates have to make their own arrangement for stay during written test and interview.
* Permission granted to the candidates to appear in written test and interview is merely provisional. Final consideration of the candidature is subject to fulfillment of the eligibility criteria to be verified at the time of Interview.
* There will be one objective type question paper containing 170 questions of 85 marks, for each of the following areas i.e. Chemical Sciences; Biological Sciences and; Pharmaceutical Sciences. Each discipline will also have questions from general Pharmaceutical Sciences and general aptitude.
Answers must be marked as per instructions given in the ORS sheet, question booklet and by the invigilators in the examination hall just before start of examination. Duration of the examination will be 2 hours. The question paper will be of the level of M.S. (Pharm.);
M.Pharm.; M.Tech. (Pharm.); M.V.Sc.; M.D. and M.Sc. (in relevant discipline) level and general aptitude.
* There will be negative marking in the written test. 25% marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
* The qualified candidates in each discipline shall have to appear for interview which will carry 15 marks
Date of commencement of online registration - 14th April 2014 (9.00 A.M.)
Last date for online registration 28th April 2014 (5.00 P.M.)
Last date for receiving registration slips by post or at NIPER, S.A.S.Nagar 7th May 2014 (5.00 P.M.)
Online downloading of Admit Cards by applicants (Website www.niper.gov.in/admissions.html) - 30th May 2014
Written test (10.00 am to 12.00 noon) - 8th June 2014
Declaration of result (www.niper.gov.in/admissions.html) 16th June 2014
Interview : 21-22nd July 2014
Ph.D. Joint Counselling : 23rd July 2014
Orientation : 28th July, 2014
Commencement of classes : 28th July, 2014
regarding online registration;
downloading admit card etc.
Leave your comments for NIPER Ph.D JAT 2014, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research Ph.D Joint Admission Testcomments powered by Disqus