Entire two year Masters Programme in science subjects has been divided into four semesters.
First Year: In the 1st year ( Two semesters) some course have been introduced with more information and relevant updated topics with a view to link
earlier B.Sc. (Hon’s) programme.
Second Year: 2nd year courses have been designed to accommodate more applied subjects and project works. Syllabi have been planed and prepared
consulting those of IIT’s and leading Central Universities.
The aforesaid fees are subject to revision by the Institute from time to time. Although, the fees are usually not changed in the mid of the semester, however if any such changes are implemented, students shall be required to abide by the new fee structure.
All the fees are to be paid before the beginning of new semester and fees, once paid, cannot be refunded under any circumstances. If a student is expelled/removed by authority from the Institute for certain irregular / unlawful / violation of discipline / rules or he withdraws / leaves the Institute in the mid-session without completing the entire programme, all fees paid including the caution deposit will be forfeited by the Institute.
Students for admission to the M Sc programme in Science subjects must satisfy the following criteria:
• Bachelor’s degree in Science with at least 50% marks or 5.5 in CPI / CGPA ( with honours / Major) in the particulars discipline ( Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics) for M.Sc. programme
• A relaxation of 5% or 0.5 in CGPA / CPI on a 10 point scale may be extended to the candidates belonging to SC / ST / PH category. The students whose qualifying results are awaited are also eligible to apply.
Departments may specify additional requirements over and above these minimum requirements.
The Department shall carry a two step process to admit students into Masters in Science programme.
Applicants satisfying minimum eligibility criteria will be called for written and personal Interview.
Step 1: Performance in written Examination to be conducted by the concerned departments.
• Interested candidates satisfying the eligibility criteria are required to submit their application in the prescribed format only. The prescribed format of application can be downloaded from the institute’s website (www.nits.ac.in).
• Applicants are advised to go through the application form thoroughly and attach all the documents, fees etc as indicated therein. Incomplete
applications/ applications not duly filled in or applications not accompanied by the prescribed testimonials / document / signature and fee etc will be summarily rejected.
• Applicants are required to send the duly filled in application form along with self attested copies of all testimonials and a DD of Rs 500/- (General/OBC)/ Rs. 300/- (SC/ST) in favour of the Director, NIT Silchar payable at State Bank of India , NIT Silchar Branch.
• Candidates should send their applications by Speed Post / Registered Post superscribing "Application for Admission into M.Sc.
Programmes in Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics 2013" on the envelope to the respective Head of the Department of
Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics, National Institute of Technology Silchar, Assam 788010.
• Students who will be appearing at their final year graduation examination 2014 may also apply. However, they have to produce their
marks/grade sheet satisfying the academic eligibility requirement latest
4 by the time of admission, failing which their admission will stand cancelled.
Application form opens April 07, 2014
Last date of receipt of filled up application form at NITS: June 13, 2014
Date of Written and Personal interview Will be Notified through
Announcement of selected candidate’s name for admission Will be Notified through
Date of Admission 21 - 23 July 2014
Date of Registration 28 - 29 July 2014
Session begins 30th July 2014
Leave your comments for M.Sc Admission 2014 at National Institute of Technology, Silcharcomments powered by Disqus
Stay connected with us on