Applications are invited for admission in 2 Yr. M.Phil course in Statistics and Computer Applications in the Department of Statistics, C.U. for the session 2014 ‐ 2016
* The candidates with M.A. / M.Sc. in Statistics of this University with 55% marks in aggregate (SC / ST with 50% marks) or
* with 60% marks in aggregate of any other recognized University. Students who are taking M.Sc.
* Final examinations in Statistics may also apply provisionally and sit for the entrance test but their final admission would depend on passing the examination obtaining the required marks mentioned above. Visit news and announcement section of the website www.caluniv.ac.in.
Forms are available in the website. Filled in application form along with application fees of Rs.200/‐ (for general candidates) and Rs.100/‐ (for SC / ST / PWD candidates) either by DD in favour of “Calcutta University” or by C.U. Cash challan deposited at Calcutta University cash counter to be deposited in The Office of the Secretary, UCSTA, C.U. Rajabazar Science College Campus, 92 A.P.C. Road, Kolkata ‐ 700009.
As per University / Govt. rules
NET / SET or equivalent candidates
MPhil Important dates section aims to list all important dates such as date of availablity of form, last submission date, counselling date, etc.
Date of Notification : September 17, 2014
Last date of submission of application form : October 10, 2014
Date of Common Written test : October 14, 2014(12 noon ‐ 2 p.m.)
Result of Common Written test : October 21, 2014
Date of Interview : Novmber 07, 2014 (from 12 noon)
Date of publication of selection list : Novmber 17, 2014
Course Fee : Rs.1000/‐ per annum
Laboratory Fee : Rs.1200/‐ Per annum
Library Fee : Rs. 400/‐ for 2 years
Admission Fee: Rs. 100/‐ at the time of admission
Session Charge : Rs. 44/‐ per annum
Identity Card : Rs. 30/‐ at the time of admission
Dr. Amit Ray
92, A.P.C. Road, Kolkata – 700009
1. There will be 25 multiple choice question each carrying 2.5 marks out of which one has to answer 20 questions. If a candidate more than 20, only the first 20 answered will be evaluated.
2. There will be 15 short answer type questions of 5 marks each out of which one has to answer 10 questions.
If a candidate attempts more than 10, only the first 10 attempted will be ecvaluated.
3. Pass marks for the test will be announced in due course.
University of Calcutta
Women’s Studies Research Centre,
Alipore Campus, 1, Reformatory Street,
Leave your comments for MPhil in Statistics and Computer Applications Admission 2014-2016, University of Calcuttacomments powered by Disqus
Stay connected with us on