Application invites for Master of Philosophy (M.Phil) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Admissions 2015, Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai.
TISS invites applications for the Integrated M.Phil-Ph.D. and ‘Direct’ Ph.D. Programmes (academic year 2015-2016) with the various Schools and Independent Centres of the Institute across TISS Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati and Hyderabad Campuses. UGC JRF qualified candidates, post graduates, students in the final year post graduation in Social Sciences and allied fields and individuals with M.Phil and / or industrial, academic and field based experience in Social Sciences, Social Work, Disaster Management, Development Studies and allied fields are invited to apply.
Applicants will be shortlisted for the Research Aptitude Test (RAT) on basis of them meeting the following considerations with regard to educational qualifications, work experience and research proposal:
The minimum academic qualification for admission to the integrated M.Phil. & Direct Ph.D programmes is a Second Class Master’s or equivalent degree in the relevant subject awarded by a recognised university in India or abroad, with at least an average of 55 per cent of aggregate marks, or a grade point average of 3.5 under the seven-point scale of the University Grants Commission (UGC). In the case of Scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates, the minimum eligibility is an average of 50 per cent of aggregate marks, or a grade point average of 3.05.
Candidates who are likely to complete all the requirements of their final year Master’s Degree examinations by July 1, are also eligible to apply for M.Phil, provided they have successfully completed their first year Masters degree. In such cases, admission will be provisional. If a provisionally admitted student successfully completes the admission formalities such as clearing the Research Aptitude Test, but fails to score the minimum required mark/grade at the end of the final year examination of his/her Master’s degree, the offer of provisional admission will be automatically cancelled.
Work Experience: A minimum of five years of post graduation work experience is required for Direct PhD programmes. In case of the Integrated M.Phil-PhD Programme, there is no requirement of work experience. However, candidates with one to two years of work experience, will be preferred.
Research Proposal: Candidates must prepare their research proposal based on the research interests mentioned in the Information brochure (Available under Intergrated M.Phil-PhD and Direct PhD Admissions 2014-16 on the TISS Website).
* The list of all eligible candidates amongst the candidates who apply for Integrated M.Phil-Ph.D. programme and direct Ph.D. Programme will be displayed on the Institute website on April 4, 2015. The eligible candidates will be invited for the Written Test (Research Aptitude Test - RAT) to be held at all the TISS Campuses on on 10th April, 2015. Candidates can opt to take the RAT at any of the campuses.
* The model paper and rules for the Research Aptitude Test (RAT) along with the guidelines for shortlisting will be put up on the TISS website by early March 2015.
* Candidates who have cleared JRF, GATE and other relevant exams are also expected to attend the Written Test and Personal Interview*.
* The list of shortlisted candidates from the eligible list of candidates for all the programmes will be displayed on the TISS website by 15 April, 2015. These candidates will be required to appear for the PI’s between 21 and 30 April, 2015 as per the email communication sent to them.
* Apart from the fulfillment of academic criteria the short listing of applicants for the Personal Interviews for Integrated M. Phil – Ph. D. programme and direct Ph. D. programme will be linked to the statement of purpose/ research proposal and the domain expertise available at the Schools / Centre.
* Candidates with visual impairment will have to indicate the impairment in the application form. They will be provided with a writer for the written test.
* The final selection process will be completed by mid May and the final list of candidates and relevant information will be uploaded on the TISS website.
* All candidates who appear in the final selection list are required to bring a hard copy of their duly filled in application form duly filled along with original caste, income and degree certificates as applicable for verification.
* Selected candidates are expected to pay fees by end of May 2015.
* All the programmes will begin by mid June 2015 or on a date as indicated in the offer letter at the time of admission.
* Last date of submission of Application Form: January 15, 2015 by 6.00 p.m.
* Announcement of shortlisted Candidates for RAT : January 27, 2015
* Research Aptitude Test (RAT) : February 13, 2015
* Announcement of candidates invited for Personal Interview (PI) : February 20, 2015
Mumbai Campus : March 13 - 17, 2015
Tuljapur Campus : to be announced soon
Guwahati Campus : to be announced soon
Hyderabad Campus : to be announced soon
Please note that the date of the RAT, Announcement of candidates invited for PI and PI at Mumbai and other campuses are tentative and final dates will be announced by November 15, 2014
Leave your comments for MPhil and PhD Admissions 2015, Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbaicomments powered by Disqus
Stay connected with us on