Govt. of Maharashtra has been conducting Superspeciality entrance examination (MH-SSET) since 1990. The merit list of this entrance examination (MH-SSET-2014) will beutilised for selection of candidates for admission to all DM & MCh Superspeciality courses at the Medical colleges/Institutions in the state of Maharashtra in the academic year 2014-2015. It is perceived that to become a Superspecialist, one needs to be a good generalist. Hence this entrance examination gives a fair chance to all eligible generalists to compete for the coveted seats. The entrance examination will be in the form of multiple - choice questions (MCQs). The answer paper will be scanned and data response generated will be assessed with the help of computer software to generate the marks and merit. The chances of error in this assessment system are nil. The admissions will be done on the basis of MERIT in MH-SSET examination.
A candidate will be eligible for MH-SSET 2014 and for selection/admission to a course in Superspeciality if fulfills following conditions.
* The candidate must be an Indian National.
* The candidate must possess recognized postgraduate degree MD/MS or its equivalent from a medical college recognized by MCI. Candidates who have
appeared MD/MS or equivalent examinations are also eligible to submit application forms. However, they will be considered for selection, on production of passing certificate of postgraduation degree on the date of preference form filling and counseling process.
* A permanent MCI/Maharashtra Medical Council (MMC)/any other state council registration is a precondition for appearing for MH-SSET.
* The minimum percentage of marks secured by the candidates in the MH-SSET 2014 for the purpose of eligibility for admission to Superspeciality courses shall be 50% for all the candidates.
* A candidate who has already acquired a Superspeciality degree course in any one discipline and who has already completed the course is not eligible to apply for any other discipline.
* Candidate who is presently under going Superspeciality course in one discipline is not eligible to apply for any other discipline.
* The candidate must be medically fit
* The candidate having other state's Medical Council registration should register with Maharashtra Medical Council (MMC) / MCI after selection and joining to Superspeciality course and its proof should be submitted within a period of one month.
* The Competent Authority shall issue Notification regarding online application form process. The information Brochure containing procedures for admission to Superspeciality courses will be made available on website of DMER www.dmer.org. An applicant seeking admission to the MH-SSET 2014 will be required to submit single prescribed online application form (ANNEXURE "D" Specimen Copy of online application form).
* Cost of online application form of MH-SSET 2014 & examination fee is Rs. 5000/- and Rs. 60/- as Bank Charges. This amount is not refundable.
* MH-SSET 2014 will be conducted at Mumbai centre.
* The information Brochure and online application Form will be available from 23/05/2014 to 30/05/2014. Before filling Online Application form candidates should download information brochure of MH-SSET 2014 and read the same carefully.
* The Applicants must possess the required criteria and educational qualification as mentioned in the Information Brochure of MH-SSET 2014.
* The Admit Cards will be downloaded from www.dmer.org website after login during 04/06/2014 to 08/06/2014.
* Candidate has to go to the Examination Centre with downloaded Admit Card and any Photo ID proof (Aadhar Card/ Driving license/ PAN Card/ Pass port/ valid MCI / any State Medical Council Identity Card).
* Issue of Admit Card is merely an enabling document for appearing at the MH-SSET and does not imply that the candidate satisfies all the requirements of eligibility conditions of admission.
A candidate will have to pay the prescribed fee (i.e. tuition + deposit + others). He/she should deposit all relevant original certificates /
documents in the concerned institution.
I) The fees for Government and Municipal Corporation Medical Colleges, as below as per GR. No. AMC-1007/628/CR.148/07/Edu-02 Mantralaya Dated 1st March, 2012 (subject to revision by the Govt. / appropriate authorities):
* Tuition fees Rs.53,200/- per year + (development Fee 5,000)
* Admission fees Rs.1,500/-
* Gymkhana fees Rs. 500/-
* Hostel fees Rs. 4,000/- per year
II) The fees for Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences,Mumbai is - total fees - 3,21,000/- per year. (As per college Information)
* The candidate will have to work as a Resident, under the Residency scheme, prescribed by the Government vide GR No.MED-1059/2116/CR-10/96/EDU,
dated 31st Jan. 1996.
* All selected candidates will have to submit DD/Pay order drawn on any Scheduled Commercial Bank of Rs.650/- drawn in favour of “Competent
Authority, MH-CET” payable at Mumbai for Amartya Shiksha Yojana as per GR.MED/100/880/CR-129/Edu-1, dated 13/10/2003
* Online Registration & filling Application form. : 23/05/2014 to 30/05/2014
* Schedule for Fee Acceptance at SBI Bank, through Computer Generated Challan. : 26/05/2014 to 02/06/2014
* Issue of Admit Cards (Online) 04/06/2014 to 08/06/2014
* Date of Examination - : 08/06/2014 (Sunday)
* Centre of examination (Place - Mumbai) : As indicated in Admit Card
* Online display of Question Paper Booklets along with Provisional Keys of each version on website 10/06/2014
* OMR Answer Sheets available on DMER website 11/06/2014
* Last date of submission of objections on Question Paper/ Answer Key / Typographic errors. 13/06/2014
* Declaration of Provisional Result & Provisional Merit list : By 25/06/2014
* Last Date of Submission of Application form for Verification of Marks to DMER Office 28/06/2014
* Declaration of State Merit List And Downloading of Mark sheet from website "www.dmer.org" : 30/06/2014
* Filling of Preference form & Counseling at Mumbai : 1st Week of July 2014
* Publication of list of candidates selected : 2nd Week of July 2014
Leave your comments for MH SSET 2014, Maharashtra Superspeciality Entrance Examinationcomments powered by Disqus