See this page in HINDI >>

Master of Library & Information Science (MLIS) Admission 2015-16 at University of Calcutta

Updated on Sat, 22 November 2014 at 18:27 IST
Click here to view latest admissions notifications of University of Calcutta, Kolkata
Master of Library & Information Science (MLIS) Admission 2015-16 at University of Calcutta

University of Calcutta, Kolkata invites applications for Master of Library & Information Science (MLIS) for the year 2015 - 16.
Master of Library & Information Science (MLIS) Admission is conducted by University of Calcutta, Kolkata.

Intake

: 25 [60% direct admission for CU students according to marks and remaining 40% from rest applicants (CU and other University) by Admission Test (merit wise)].

MLIS Eligibility Criteria:

Interested candidates should fulfill following eligibility criteria:
I. A BLIS degree of this University in 2012 – 13 and 2013 – 14 sessions.
II. Candidates who have appeared in the BLIS Examination 2014 may also apply.
III. Candidates possessing BLIS or equivalent degree of other recognized Universities or Institutions in current session may also apply.

Application Procedure for MLIS:

Candidates are advised to refer to official notifications /documents for detailed application procedure. IndCareer.com published details for informational purpose.
Duly filled in application in the prescribed form available at the University Sales Counter on payment of Rs.300/- for admission to the First Semester MLIS Course (2-year 4- semester Day) will be received by the Department of Library & Information Science, Asutosh Building (3rd Floor), College Street, Kolkata – 700 073 from 11 A.M. to 3 P.M.. Candidates must possess the following minimum qualifications. Admission will
be made in order of merit with reservations (SC, ST, OBC & PH) as per prescribed norms.

Online Application form can be downloaded from official website of MLIS:http://www.caluniv.ac.in/

MLIS Important Dates:

MLIS Important dates section aims to list all important dates such as date of availability of form, last submission date, result date, counselling date, etc.

  • Last Date of submission of Application Form: 11. 12. 2014 (Thursday)
  • Date of publication of merit list/Selection List: 16. 12. 2014 (Tuesday)
  • Date of Admission cum Counseling for 60% seats : 19. 12. 2014 (Friday)
  • Date of Admission Test for remaining 40% seats: 23. 12. 2014 (Tuesday)
  • Date of Publication of Result for remaining 40% seats: 26. 12. 2014 (Friday)
  • Date of Admission cum Counseling for 40% seats: 31. 12. 2014 (Wednesday)
  • Date of Commencement of Class: 02. 01. 2015 (Friday)

Courses Offered:

Master of Library & Information Science (MLIS)

Selection Process:

Results will be announced on 26. 12. 2014 (Friday).

Contact Details

For more details please contact
UNIVERSITY OF CALCUTTA
DEPARTMENT OF LIBRARY & INFORMATION SCIENCE
Calcutta

http://www.caluniv.ac.in/admission/mlis_2014.pdf

University of Calcutta, Kolkata
Formally established on the 24 January 1857, the University of Calcutta (also known as Calcutta University) (Bengali: কলকাতা বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়), located in the city of Kolkata (previously Calcutta), India, is the first modern university in the Indian subcontinent. It is a state-government administered urban-based affiliating and research university. It has its main campuses in College Street, Rajabazar, Alipore, Hazra, South Sinthi and a host of affiliated colleges in greater Kolkata .
 
 

Discussion Board

Leave your comments for Master of Library & Information Science (MLIS) Admission 2015-16 at University of Calcutta

comments powered by Disqus