Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai opens of for Admission 2014-15. Applications are invited for admission to the following courses offered by the university for the academic year 2014-15.Applications are invited for admission to the following courses offered by this University for the academic year 2014-2015
Prospectus, Application & Fees details of all the above said courses can be downloaded from the website of www.mkuniversity.org.
Photocopies of downloaded applications may also be accepted. Registration Fees for the respective courses are given below:
All P.G. courses - Rs.300/-
AllAll M.Phil courses - Rs.400/-
All P.G. courses - Rs.200/-
Advanced PG Diploma in GIS - Rs.300/-
1. Integrated B.Tech.-M.Tech. in Film and Electronic Media Studies (3+2) - Rs.600/-
2. Integrated B.B.A.-M.B.A. in Tourism and Hotel Management (3+2) - Rs.600/-
1. Applicants seeking admission for courses under category- A are required to appear for the Entrance Test to be conducted by the Madurai Kamaraj
2. The entrance test will be of objective type for a period of 100 minutes.
3. Mere appearance for the entrance test does not mean that the candidate is eligible for admission.
4. Entrance Test Centre–
The entrance test will be conducted at Madurai only.
1)No candidate can undergo more than one course (full-time) at a time during the academic year and no one can take more than one examination at the same time.
2) In all communications addressed to the University the course applied for and the registration number should be specified.
3) The University reserves the right to suspend any course if sufficient number of application is not received.
4) The University will not be held responsible for any delay or loss in postal and any other modes of transit.
5) The decision of the University shall be final in all cases of admission.
6) The selected candidate should meet the Prof. & Head of the Department concerned on or before the stipulated date and time and submit the following original certificates along with Xerox copies of the certificates attested only to the Head of the Department
at the time of admission for the purpose of verification:
(i) SSLC,HSE mark statement
(ii) Consolidated Statement of Marks / Grade certificate and provisional certificate.
(iii) Transfer certificate
(iv) Conduct certificate from the Head of the Institution last studied.
(v) Community certificate
(vi) Income certificate obtained 3 months prior to the date of advertisement (for SC/ST/Blind candidates only)
(vii) If selected under special category,the relevant certificate.
(viii) Such other certificates, as may be required by the University
(ix) In the case of candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from other Universities, they should produce the
Eligibility Certificate obtained from the Madurai Kamaraj University at the time of admission.
(x) All admissions made will be Provisional till the certificate, statement of marks /grades etc., submitted by the candidates are scrutinized and accepted. If anycandidate is found to have got admission on false claim, the admission will be cancelled without any prior notice.
14 of page 30
7. After that the candidate should remit the prescribed fee (refer Prospectus annexure-Afor fees details) in the form of Demand Draft in favour of the Registrar, Madurai Kamaraj University from any bank payable at Madurai and submit together with all certificates.
8. The waiting list candidates will be informed about their position in the waiting list for admission and they should meet the Prof.& Head of the Department concerned on specified date, time and place, failing which the candidate will forfeit the seat against vacancies, if any.
9. Vacancies, if any, will be filled in from among the waiting list candidates reporting for selection str
ictly in the order of merit and there is no guarantee for admission.
10. Selected waiting list candidates will have to remit the fees on the same day. No extension of time shall be granted for payment of fees under any circumstances.
11. Otherwise, the admission will automatically stand cancelled and the candidate will have no claim for admission to the course.
12. The candidate awaiting the mark -
statement should furnish the consolidated statement of marks to the Head of the Department within 10 days from the date of publication of results and in any case not later than 31st August, 2014. In case the candidate fails to secure the minimum marks prescribed for admission as per the regulations, will forfeit the seat allotted as well as the fees paid.
13. This University is not responsible for non-publication of results of any University/Institution.
14. Any request to change the course and transfer of fees will not be entertained.
15. No TA/DA will be paid to any candidates under any circumstances.
16. Tuition fee and special fees as admissible by the Government will not be collected from the SC/ST candidates at the time of admission.
17. Tuition fee and special fee as admissible by the Government will not be collected from the Physically Challenged candidates at the time of admission.
18. Other States students are treated as ‘Other Communities’.
19. No Candidate will be permitted to take the Entrance Test without Hall Ticket
* The eligible candidates belonging to Backward class and Most Backward class can apply for scholarship to the Government of Tamil nadu
* The eligible candidates belonging to SC/ST communities can apply for scholarships to the Government of Tamilnadu and the Government of India.
* The eligible blind candidates can apply for scholarship to the Government of Tamil nadu.
Prospectus and Applications available From website - 17.02.2014
Last date for submitting filled in application - 16.04.2014
Entrance Test for P.G & M.Phil. Courses - 10.05.2014 & 11.05.2014
Leave your comments for Madurai Kamaraj University PG and M.Phil Courses Admission 2014comments powered by Disqus
Stay connected with us on