Application invites for Master of Arts (MA) Admissions 2015, Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai.
MA Admissions 2015, Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai
* If you have any questions please call the Admissions helpline on 022 - 25525252
( i ) ' Pass Class' in the Bachelor's Degree pursued by the applicant will be taken for determining his/her eligibility.
( ii ) Candidates who are in the final year of their Bachelor's Degree programme, but have not passed in all the courses ( main/major/subsidiary, etc.) of the first and second years ( if the Degree is of 3 years duration) and first, second and third years (if the Degree is of 4 years duration) on the day of applying for the programme are not eligible to apply for any of the Master's Degree programmes offered by the Institute.
( iii ) Candidates who have been declared as failed in the final year examination are not eligible to apply for any of the Master's Degree Programmes of the Institute, unless they pass their Bachelor's Degree examination on the day of applying for any of the programmes.
( iv) Eligibility, once determined on the basis of the information given by the candidates in the Application Form, shall be final for the purpose of test/interview/selection. However, in case it is found that the information furnished by a candidate is incorrect or misleading or ineligibility being detected before or after the test/interview/selection/admission, his/her candidature will be cancelled.
( v ) If a provisionally admitted student fails in the final year of his/her Bachelor's Degree Examination and even if he/she has re-evaluation at the university/college, he/she will not be allowed to continue the programme as the offer of provisional admission stands automatically cancelled on his/her failure in the final year examination.
a) Candidates having a bachelor's degree with minimum of 3 years duration or its equivalent ( under the 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 or 10+2+2+1 year bridge course pattern of study or any other pattern fulfilling the mandatory requirements of 15 years formal education) from a recognized university are eligible to apply
b) At the time of applying candidates studying in 3 year degree progremme should have passed in all the subjects for the 1st to 4th semesters and candidates studying in 4 year degree progrmmes should have passed in all the subjects for 1st to 6th semester.
c) Only those Candidates who will be able to complete all the requirements of their final year Bachelor's Degree examinations by Saturday, June 14, 2015 are eligible to apply to all the programme.
Till the time the candidate submit results of the final year degree examination, admission to any of the Master's Degree Programmes of the Institute will be provisional. The results of the final examination have to be submitted before September 30, 2015. Those who fail to do so the provisional admission stands cancelled.
Candidates are required to apply online through the E-application process only, please read through this page before filling in the application form. CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE ONLINE APPLICATION SYSTEM . Candidates facing technical problems while filling in the application form may call 022-25525252 (Monday to Saturday - Timing 8:00 am to 8:00 pm).
However, candidates from remote places where no Internet and Telecommunication facilities are available can get a printed copy of the application form from the Institute. Please send request for printed form by Speed Post with application fees to Asisistant Registrar(Academic), Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Deonar Mumbai, 400088. Please note that candidates applying through the E-application form should not send the application form by post.
General Instructions about applying:
* Candidates can apply for a maximum of three programmes across any two of the TISS Campuses and other locations.
* Candidates are requested to read through the eligibility criteria mentioned here before filling up the form.
* Unemployed SC and ST candidates, whose parent’s/guardian’s annual income for the financial year 2013-14 is less than Rs. 2.5 Lakh, and unemployed OBC(NC) whose parent’s/guardian’s annual income for the financial year 2013-14 is less than Rs 1 lakh, are required to pay Rs. 250/- as Application Fee for each selected programme.However they should upload the necessary certificates (Ref Reservation Section on the admission website)
* Candidates have to upload/ attach relevant certificates strictly in the format mentioned here. Please refer to the section 'Certificates/ Documents' below
* The application fees is Rs 1030 (if being payed by Credit card/ Debit card/ Net Banking) or Rs 1000 + bank charges (if being payed through bank by cash). Candidate has to pay this amount for every programme he applies for. For more details refer to the section 'Application fee payment' below.
* A candidate can apply for multiple programmes and pay for those programmes in one online form and should not fill more than one form. If a candidate is found to have filled more than one online form, all his applications will be cancelled.
General Category & Reserve Category candidates NOT eligible for FREE APPLICATION must produce the INCOME CERTIFICATE on the day of PIT/PI and can now complete the application form by paying the form fees.
The selection of candidates for different programmes happens in two stages and has three components of assessment. All candidates appear for the National entrance test (TISSNET). Based on the performance in the TISSNET examination, only short listed candidates are called for the Pre Interview Test and Personal Interview.(PIT/PI)
Marks for Different Components of Assessment
National Common Written Test* : 100 marks
Pre-Interview Test/GD : 50 marks
Personal Interview : 75 marks
Total : 225 marks
* Last Date for Online form submission for All Master's programmes : November 29, 2014
* Last Date for receipt of application form by post : December 1, 2014
* National Entrance Test – (Computer Based) at Different Centres : January 10, 2015
* Candidates who appeared for the national entrance test will be sent their score cards on email : February 3, 2015
* Pre-Interview Test and Personal Interview at TISS Mumbai for programmes offered at Mumbai, Tuljapur Campuses, MHAT, BANYAN and G-SET Ranchi : March 09- 21, 2015
* Pre-Interview Test and Personal Interview at Guwahati for all Guwahati Campus Programmes : March 23 - 27, 2015
* Announcement of Selection on TISS website for all the Programmes : April 23, 2015
* The scanned copy of Acceptance Letter along with payment of fees challan and all attested copies of marks sheet from std 10th to till last exam passed should send by email on TISS admission ID. : April 23-09 May, 2015
* Announcement of First Wait List on TISS website for all Programmes : May 14, 2015
* The scanned copy of Acceptance Letter along with payment of fees challan and all attested copies of marks sheet from std 10th to till last exam passed should send by email on TISS admission ID. : May 15-30, 2015
Commencement of the Academic Session, 2014-2016
* M.A. Education (Elementary) : May 14, 2015
* All Other Programmes : June 15, 2015
Verification of Original Documents and Medical check-up at their respective campuses : June 15- 30, 2015
* Admission Closing Date : June 30, 2015
Leave your comments for MA Admissions 2015, Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbaicomments powered by Disqus
Stay connected with us on