Karnataka CET 2014 is a common entrance test which is organized by the Karnataka University to get admission in Engineering, Dental and Medical courses at graduate level. Candidates can apply online for this exam after meeting eligibility criteria of KCET 2014 and can even get aware about the details of this paper regarding its application procedure, result, counseling etc.
The candidate should have studied and passed in one or more Government or Government recognised
educational institutions located in the State of Karnataka for a minimum period of SEVEN academic years
commencing from 1st standard to 2nd PUC / 12th standard as on 1st July of the year in which the Entrance
Test is held and must have appeared and passed either SSLC / 10th standard or 2nd PUC / 12th standard
examination from Karnataka State. In case of the candidate who had taken more than one year to pass a
class or standard, the years of academic study is counted as one year only
* Candidates must have passed 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
* They must have Chemistry / Bio-technology / Computer-Science / Electronics / Biology as optional subjects with English as one of the languages of study.
* They must have attained 45% marks in aggregate in optional subjects to meet the KCET 2014 Eligibility Criteria.
1) SSLC / 10th standard Marks Card,
2) 2nd PUC / 12th standard Marks Card of the candidate,
3) Candidate’s Study Certificate;
4) If claiming Rural quota: - Rural Study Certificate;
5) If claiming Kannada Medium quota: Kannada Medium Study Certificate;
6) If claiming reservation benefits: Caste / Caste Income Certificate issued by Concerned Tahsildar-
For SC / ST in Form-D, Category-I in form E and 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B in Form F.
The candidate should have studied and passed either 1st and 2nd year Pre-University Examination or
11th and 12th standard examination within the State of Karnataka from an Educational Institution run or
recognized by the State Government and that either of the parents should have studied in Karnataka for a
minimum period of SEVEN years.
KCET Exam Pattern 2014 will be based on four subjects namely Biology, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry pertaining 60 marks each. All these subjects will comprise of the 60 questions each.
* Candidates can seek the application forms from their respective schools / colleges of Karnataka.
* They must affix their left hand thumb impression with the KCET 2014 Application Form.
* They should fill all the particulars in this form and should submit it to the principal of their respective colleges / schools.
After submitting, candidates must collect their KCET 2014 Admit Cards from the respective colleges / schools on or before 20-4-2014 tentative.
Date of Availability of Applications - March starting tentatively
Last Date for Online Submission - April mid tentatively
Entrance Test - May 1 & 2, 2014
Result Declaration - May end tentatively
Sampige Road, 18th Cross,
Malleshwaram, Bangalore - 560012.
Phone: 080 - 23568201, 23568202, 23462599, 23462758, 23461575
Fax : 080 - 23461576
E-mail: [email protected]
KCET helpline: 011-40360360
Leave your comments for KCET 2014, Karnataka Common Entrance Testcomments powered by Disqus