* Only those candidates are eligible to appear in the GSET who have completed / are studying in the final year of a UGC specified Master' s degree.
* Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (General) (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognised by UGC
* Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing in the final year at the qualifying Master’s degree examination or whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for the Test.
* The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September, 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e., from 55% to 50%) for appearing in the SET Examination.
* Those candidates who are studying in the first year of two years course or in first two semesters of a four semesters course of Master's Degree cannot appear for this test.
* Candidates are required to appear for GSET in the subject of their Post Graduation only. In case the subject of a candidate is not included in the list of GSET subjects, the candidates may appear in UGC NET / UGC – CSIR NET which is held twice a year.
* There is no upper age limit.
* The candidates who have passed M.Sc.( by Research) are not eligible to appear for the SET Exam. As per the U.G.C. Rules.
Steps for submission of Online Application Form
* The candidates must read the 'ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA' carefully and must satisfy themselves regarding their eligibility for the Test before filling the online application and submitting the printout of Online Application Forms.
* Candidate seeking admission to the Test must apply online through a link " REGISTER ONLINE FOR GSET EXAM" available on the GSET website: www.gujaratset.ac.in . No other means/ mode of application will be accepted.
* Before applying Online, the candidates must possess the following :
(i) Scanned passport (pp) size photograph in JPEG format and should not be more then 100kb.
(ii) Copy of Bank Challan (fee receipt)
(iii) Personal Details, Educational Details etc.
* The candidate is required to Generate the Computerised Bank Challan from the link available under "Online Registration for Gujarat State Eligibility Test for Lectureship" on GSET website home page.
* To Generate the Computerised Bank Challan click on the link " Generate Bank Challan ". When the link "Generate Bank Challan " clicked, a form will appear. Candidate has to fill all the required details in the form and submit the form. After that one Computerised Bank Challan will be generated and displayed on the screen. Candidate has to print the bank challan on A-4 size paper only The print out should be taken in Landscape orientation to have it in one single page.
* Candidates can deposit the requisite fee in Corporation Bank only after 24 hours of downloading the challan from GSET Website and Register online immediately after payment of the fee.
Please submit the Hard copy of the Application form and other enclosures in following sequence.
* Hard(Printed) copy of the Application form(Single Copy)
* Copy of Bank Challan (GSET copy).
* Photo(Xerox) copy of Caste Certificate in case of SC/ ST/ OBC(Non Creamy Layer) candidate.
* Photo(Xerox) copy of Non Creamy Layer Certificate in case of OBC Candidate.
* Photo(Xerox) copy of Medical Certificate given by Competent Authority in case of Visually or Physically Handicapped Candidates.
* Photo(Xerox) copy of Gazette Copy (in case of change in name only) / Marriage certificate(in case name changed from maiden name.)
General / Other Backward Classes (OBC Non-creamy layer) Candidates Rs.800/- + Rs. 25 (Bank Fee) = Rs. 825/-
SC/ST/PH/VH candidates Rs.700/- + Rs. 25 (Bank Fee) = Rs. 725/-
Centre Code Centre Name
1 - Vadodara
2 - Ahmedabad
3 - Rajkot
4 - Surat
5 - Patan
6 - Bhavnagar
Starting of Online Application Submission and Fee Collection : 20 - 05 - 2014.
Last day for Computerised Bank Challan Generation : 02 - 07 - 2014(till - morning 08.00 hrs).
Last day for Fee Collection : 02 - 07 - 2014.
Last Day for Online Application Submission : 05 - 07 - 2014 (till – Evening 18.00 hours).
Last Day for receiving the documents at Gujarat SET office, Vadodara: 10 - 07 - 2014.
Gujarat SET Examination Date : 19 - 10 - 2014
The Member Secretary,
Gujarat State Eligibility Test (Gujarat SET),
B - Block, "Chameli Baug", Nr. University Guest House,
Prof. C. C. Mehta Road, Vadodara 390 002,
Phone / TeleFax : +91-0265-2786337
E-Mail : [email protected]
Leave your comments for Gujarat SET 2014, Gujarat State Eligibility Testcomments powered by Disqus