Admission to Postgraduate Courses (Master's and Doctoral) with MHRD and other Government Scholarships /Assistantships in Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Science is open to those who qualify in GATE. GATE 2015 score will be valid for a period of THREE YEARS ONLY from the date of announcement of results.
* The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear in GATE : Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture/Pharmacy(Post-Diploma/Post-B.Sc./4years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programs. Candidates in the final year of the Four-year Bachelor's degree program in Science (B.S.) (Post-Diploma/4year after 10+2).
* Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
* Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree program (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five- year Integrated Master's degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering/Technology.
* Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five year Integrated Master's degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering / Technology.
* Candidates in the final year of Five-year integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated B.S. M.S. program.
* Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE BY IE(I), AMICE(I) BY ICE(I)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are
Candidates have to apply only ONLINE
₹ 1500 for General / OBC male candidates
₹ 750 for women candidates
₹ 1500 for General / OBC other candidates
₹ 750 for the SC / ST/ PwD category candidates
The application fee has to be paid only online either through e-challan or through net Banking
1) The Admit Card can only be downloaded from the zonal GATE websites tentatively from December 17, 2014
2) GATE - 2015 Admit Cards will NOT be sent by post/email
3) The candidates are advised to Bring a print-out of the downloaded Admit Card to the Test Center along with the original and valid photo identification (NO photocopy / scanned copy/NOT expired).
4) Please note that you have to give details of this ID proof while filling the online application. Candidates will NOT be permitted to take the test, if this original and valid photo identification is not presented. It may be noted that you would have specified one of the following IDs during the online application process: Driving License, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar UID, College ID, Employee Identification Card, or a Notarized Affidavit with Photo, Signature, Date of Birth and Residential Address.
Examinations for all the 22 papers will be conducted by an ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT) GATE 2015 examinations will be held during forenoon and afternoon on alternate weekends (Saturday and Sunday) between 31st January, 1st 07th, 08th and 14th February 2015 Examinations for some of the papers in GATE 2015 will be held in multiple sessions. Exact details regarding complete examination schedule will be notified at a later date.
Pattern of Question Papers: In all the papers, there will be a total of 65 questions carrying 100 marks, out of which 10 questions carrying a total of 15 marks are in General Aptitude (GA)
In the papers bearing the codes AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, MN, MT, PI, TF and XE, the Engineering Mathematics will carry around 15% of the total marks, the General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks and the remaining 70% of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the paper.
GATE 2015 would contain questions of two different types in various papers:
i) Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) carrying 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections. These questions are objective in nature, and each will have a choice of four answers, out of which the candidate has to mark the correct answer(s)
ii) Numerical Answer Questions of 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections. For these questions the answer is a real number, to be entered by the candidate using the virtual keypad. No choices will be shown for this type of questions
The questions in a paper may be designed to test the following abilities:
i) Recall: These are based on facts, principles, formulae or laws of the discipline of the paper. The candidate is expected to be able to obtain the answer either from his/her memory of the subject or at most from one‐line computation
ii) Comprehension: These questions will test the candidate’s understanding of the basics of his/her field, by requiring him/her to draw simple conclusions from fundamental ideas
For 1 mark multiple‐choice questions, 1/3 marks will be deducted for a wrong answer. Likewise, for 2mark multiple‐choice questions, 2/3 marks will be deducted for a wrong answer. There is NO negative marking for numerical answer type questions
General Aptitude (GA) Questions
In all papers, GA questions carry a total of 15 marks. The GA section includes 5 questions carrying 1mark each (sub‐total 5 marks) and 5 questions carrying 2marks each (sub‐total 10 marks)
To know more about GATE 2015, GATE 2015 Syllabus visit at http://www.engineersinstitute.com/
Start of application process: September 1, 2014
Last date for submission of online application: October 14, 2014
Last date for request for change in the choice of examination city: November 21, 2014
Availability of admit card: December 17, 2014
GATE 2015 online examination: January 31, 2015 to February 14, 2015
Announcement of results: March 12, 2015
All candidates must apply ONLINE. Further details and ONLINE application form can be obtained by accessing any of the websites given below (or by
scanning the image below using a QR reader facility that is available on most of the mobile phones)
Leave your comments for GATE 2015, Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineeringcomments powered by Disqus