The Karnataka Private Medical & Dental Colleges Association, in their endeavour to offer an effective, fair and objective testing procedure to determine merit of students seeking admission to the member institutions, have formed “Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka” (COMEDK). COMEDK has been assigned the task of organising a common entrance test for the academic year 2015-2016, for Indian national candidates aspiring to pursue Post Graduate Courses in Medicine and Dentistry in the state of Karnataka, in Member Institutions of the Consortium (Medical and Dental Colleges).
COMEDK entrance test & publication of test score and rank list will be followed by centralized counseling (Single window). The details will be published in due course on our website. The list of the Member Institutions who have indicated their participation in the COMEDK testing program, along with the courses offered by them, is published as part of this brochure, on our website. Applicants are advised to read this brochure thoroughly and familiarise themselves with the test procedures.
COMEDK PGET – 2015 Entrance Examination will be conducted on Sunday the First February 2015 (01-02-2015) for admission to Post Graduate Medical and Dental courses in COMEDK Member Institutions. The entrance examination will be conducted in Bangalore city only. Details regarding the entire schedule of examination, information Brochure etc., will be notified in due course. Prospective candidates are required to check the COMEDK website for regular updates. Candidates from all over the country can appear for the entrance examination.
The eligibility criteria for Post Graduate Degree / Diploma programs are as follows:
a) Applicants must meet all the requirements stipulated by MCI / DCI from time to time.
b) They should have successfully passed their MBBS / BDS from an Institution recognized by MCI / DCI.
c) They must have completed or be completing their internship by 30th April 2015 at the latest.
d) The minimum percentage of marks in the COMEDK PGET – 2015 shall be 50% for General Merit candidates and 40% for the candidates belonging to
Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe (All India) and Other Backward Classes belonging to Karnataka State.
e) They should have obtained permanent registration with the MCI / DCI or any of the State Medical / Dental Council.
f) (i) A candidate already holding a PG Degree in any specialty is not allowed to appear for COMEDK PGET – 2015.
(ii) A candidate who is pursuing a PG Degree / Diploma in any clinical specialty after securing the seat through COMEDK in the earlier years is also
not permitted to write the said test.
g) Candidates having selected a seat earlier through COMEDK and failed to join the college so selected or failed to surrender the said seat at the COMEDK level or having joined the college failed to pursue the course are not permitted to take the test.
h) Candidate who have been debarred by COMEDK during the previous years are not allowed to appear for PGET – 2015.
Notwithstanding the eligibility criteria mentioned as above, the changes, if any, effected by MCI/DCI or any other competent Regulatory Authorities shall be adopted.
03-11-2014 Monday : Notification for receiving Request for Application Form (RFA) to write COMEDK PGET 2015
10-11-2014 Monday : Start date for issue of Online Application Form (OAF)
22-12-2014 Monday : Last date for Filling up the Online Application Form (OAF)
31st December 2014 : Last date for receipt of Physical Application Form (PAF)
16-01-2015 Friday : Uploading of Online Test Admission Ticket (TAT)
01-02-2015 Sunday : COMEDK PGET - 2015 Test Day
01-02-2015 Sunday : Publishing of Provisional Answer Keys
06-02-2015 Friday : Last date for receiving objections pertaining to Provisional Answer Keys
13-02-2015 Friday : Publishing of Final Answer Keys
18-02-2015 Wednesday : Publishing of Test Score
24-02-2015 Tuesday : Publishing of Rank List and uploading of Online Rank Card
1. Non-refundable Demand Draft (DD) for Rs. 2500/- (Rupees Two Thousand Five Hundred Only) being Application fee; application number & applicant’s
name shall be written on the reverse of the DD. Check for the banker’s seal and signature on the DD.
2. Printed Online Application Form.
3. Photocopy of SSLC / 10th STD Marks card.
4. Photocopy of the Unique ID Proof mentioned in the Request for Application (RFA)
5. A photocopy of All marks cards / Consolidated Marks Sheet including that of failed year, if any (First Year to Final Year university examination
6. Photocopy of Attempt Certificate i.e., a statement indicating the number of attempt one has taken to clear a particular subject/year.
7. Photocopy of Internship Completion Certificate / Internship Completed Certificate; a specimen is indicated as at Annexure V of the Brochure for
those who are likely to complete the Internship on or before 30th April 2015.
8. Photocopy of Degree Certificate / Provisional Degree Certificate /Passing Certificate / Course Completion Certificate.
9. Photocopy of Registration Certificate / Provisional Registration Certificate or a receipt / an acknowledgement issued from the competent authority
against applying for Registration Certificate. (Not a mandatory document for the candidates who had completed their BDS in the year 2014.)
10. Candidates belonging to SC / ST (All India), OBC of Karnataka / Minority / Hyderabad and Karnataka Region would be considered, provided they furnish the duly attested Photocopy of the following Certificates.
For more details please contact
The Executive Secretary, COMEDK
No. 132, 2nd Floor,
17th Cross, 11th Main,
Bangalore – 560 055
Leave your comments for COMEDK PGET 2015 Notification and Exam Datecomments powered by Disqus