See this page in HINDI >>

University of Calcutta Master of Library & Information Sciences (MLIS) Admission 2014

Updated on Mon, 23 December 2013 at 17:53 IST
Click here to view latest admissions notifications of University of Calcutta, Kolkata

Minimum Qualifications:

* A BLIS degree of this University in 2011 -12 and 2012 - 13 sessions
* Candidates who have appeared in the BLIS Examination 2013 may also apply
* Candidates possessing BLIS or equivalent degree of other recognized Universities or Institutions in current session may also apply

Intake Capacity:

24 (60% direct admission for CU students according to marks and remaining 40% from rest applicants (CU and other University) by Admission Test (merit wise)

Reservation:

Admission will be made in order of merit with reservations (SC/ST and PH) as per prescribed norms

Application Form:

Duly filled in application in the prescribed form available at the university sales counter on payment of Rs 300/- for admission to the first semester MLIS course will be received by the Dept of Library and Information Science, Asutosh Building (3rd Floor), College Street, Kolkata-700073 from 11.00 a.m. to 04.00 p.m.

Important Dates

Last date of submission of Application form: 30th Dec 2013
Date of publication of merit list/Selection list: 06th Jan 2014
Date of Admission cum counseling for 60% seats: 08th Jan 2014
Date of Admission Test for remaining 40% seats: 10th Jan 2014
Date of Publication of Result for remaining 40% seats: 17th Jan 2014
Date of Admission cum Counseling for 40% seats: 20th Jan 2014
Date of Commencement of Class: 21st Jan 2014

Note:

(i) Forms sent by post will not be accepted
(ii) Selection will be made as per university rules
(viii) Admission will be made strictly on basis of merit
(ix) Selection list will be displayed on the notice board. No personal communication will be made with the selected candidates

More Details :

Website: www.caluniv.ac.in

University of Calcutta, Kolkata
Formally established on the 24 January 1857, the University of Calcutta (also known as Calcutta University) (Bengali: কলকাতা বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়), located in the city of Kolkata (previously Calcutta), India, is the first modern university in the Indian subcontinent. It is a state-government administered urban-based affiliating and research university. It has its main campuses in College Street, Rajabazar, Alipore, Hazra, South Sinthi and a host of affiliated colleges in greater Kolkata .
 
 

Discussion Board

Leave your comments for University of Calcutta Master of Library & Information Sciences (MLIS) Admission 2014

comments powered by Disqus