See this page in HINDI >>

Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai PG Admission 2014

Updated on Mon, 30 September 2013 at 19:07 IST

Application for TISS National Entrance Test (TISSNET) for MA MSc MHA MPH Admission 2014

TISS announces admission to the 2014-16 batch for the following full time (regular) post graduate degree programmes M.A., M.Sc, MHA, MPH offered from Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati and Hyderabad campuses TISS offers 45 master’s degree programmes from its Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati and Hyderabad campuses for the 2014-2016 batch Candidates can apply for a maximum of three programmes across any of the two campuses indicating the order of preference


Candidates having a bachelor's degree with minimum of 3 years duration or its equivalent (under the 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 or 10+2+2+1 year bridge course pattern of study or any other pattern fulfilling the mandatory requirements of 15 years formal education) from a recognized university are eligible to apply

Candidates who will be able to complete all the requirements of their final year bachelor's degree examinations by 14th June, 2014, Saturday are also eligible to apply to all the programmes except School of Health System Studies and School of Education (Elementary) programmes

In case of (b), admission to any of the Master's Degree Programmes of the Institute will be provisional

In case the exam process for the final year is not over before 14th June, 2014 the provisional admission stands cancelled

If a provisionally admitted student fails in the final year exam, the offer of provisional admission automatically stands cancelled

Written Test:

Written test in online format will be held on 22nd December, 2013, in 25 centres in all parts of the country
The online test is of objective type and even those with a rudimentary knowledge of working with a computer can take the test
National Entrance Test Time: 02.00 p.m. to 03.40 p.m.

Duration of Test: 01 hour 40 minutes
In case a candidate desires to do the test on paper, he/she must this indicate this in the application form
The objective test will have questions related to social sensitivity, knowledge on contemporary issues; analytical ability, and logical reasoning

As per Govt of India norms, Mumbai, Tuljapur and Hyderabad Campuses provide 15%, 7.5% and 27% reservation to SC/ST and OCB (non-creamy layer) for each of the programmes In addition, supernumerary seats are allocated to Persons with Disabilities (PWD) 03%, Kashmiri migrants 01% and children of the Armed Forces Employees 05% As per agreement with Ministry of Development of North-East Region, Govt. of India, Guwahati Campus allots 66% of the seats to candidates from eight North Eastern States The remaining 34% of the seats are for candidates from other parts of the country For these seats 34% same rules for reservation mentioned above for SC/ST and OBC categories are applicable

Application Submission:

Candidates are required to apply online through the e-application only, available on the Institute’s website

Candidates from remote places where no internet and telecommunication facilities are available can get a printed copy of the application form from the institute

Please send request for printed form by speed post with application fees

Unemployed SC/ST and OBC (NC) candidates whose parent's / guardian's income is below Rs. 2.5 lakhs and Rs. 1 lakh respectively are exempt from paying the application

Other SC/ST/OBC candidates will not be entitled for TA

They should apply through the e-application, and if they have no access to the internet or are from remote places, they can send a request letter without the payment challan and stamped envelope, but with a plain self addressed envelope and copies of caste and income certificates attested by any School Headmaster or a Principal of College or a Gazetted Officer

Requests received without the above certificates will be rejected and no communication will be sent in this regard


Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai
Vision To be an institution of excellence in higher education that continually responds to the changing social realities through the development and application of knowledge, towards creating a people-centred and ecologically sustainable society that promotes and protects the dignity, equality, social justice and human rights for all, with special emphasis on marginalised and vulnerable groups. Mission

Discussion Board

Leave your comments for Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai PG Admission 2014

comments powered by Disqus