Admission to Part-time and Full-time (without scholarship) PhD Research Scholars
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to Part
- time and Full - time (withoutscholarship) PhD Research Scholars
in the following departments:
The minimum qualification required for admission to PhD programme in Engineering, Science, Humanities & Social Science and Management is one of the following:
1.M. Tech./ M.E./ M. Arch/ M. Pharm in relevant discipline with at least 6.5 CGPA or 60 percent marks in aggregate in the M.E./ M. Tech.
/M. Arch/ M. Pharm level from a recognized technical institute or university.
2. B. Tech/ B.E./ MCA/ B. Arch/ B. Pharm in relevant discipline with at least 7.0 CGPA or 65 percent marks in aggregate from a recognized technical institute or university.
3. M. Sc./ M. Com./ MBA/ PGDBM/ PGDM/ MA in relevant discipline with at least 6.0 CGPA or 55 percent marks or equivalent in aggregate from a recognized institute or university.
4. ICWAI/ CA/ PGDM from IIMs without any restriction with respect to marks
5 MBBS/BDS without any restriction with respect to marks
6 The minimum CGPA/marks shall be relaxed by 0.5 CGPA or 5 percent in case of candidates belonging to
the SC/ST categories.
7. The faculty and staff members of the Institute who satisfy the eligibility criteria may be considered for admission to the PhD programme as Part -time Research Scholar subject to a no -objection certificate from the Institute. They shall work for their PhD programme while discharging their normal duties.
8. Part - time External Research Scholars may carry out their research work in their parent organization after fulfilling the pre-requisites in the Institute. They shall submit a no-objection certificate from the employer during admission.
9. Above eligibility is minimum requirement only. Good academic career and higher qualification will be preferred and mere eligibility shall not ensure a call for admission test and/or viva voce. A screening of applications will be made and only the short -listed candidates will be called for admission test and/or viva voce. There shall be a further screening after the admission test.
1. The applicant shall send the filled-in application to the address below
within the due date. No application fee is applicable.
Admission test and viva voce shall be held in respective departments
on the same day.
2. The envelope containing the application should be superscribed “Application for Part - time / Full-time
(without scholarship) Ph.D .
Programme in Department of ___________________________________”.
LAST DATE OF RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS - 19/04/2013
DATE OF PUBLICATION OF SHORTLIST ON THE WEBSITE -26/04/2013
DATE OF ADMISSION TEST AND VIVA VOCE(IN RESPECTIVE DEPARTMENT)-10/05/2013 (9 AM)
PUBLICATION OF RESULTS ON THE WEBSITE - 14/05/2013
DATE OF ADMISSION - 15/05/2013 – 19/07/2013
Dean (Research & Consultancy)
Phone: 0343 2752043 (PG & R Cell)
Leave your comments for National Institute of Technology NIT Durgapur Ph.D Admissions 2013comments powered by Disqus
Stay connected with us on