To promote high quality scientific research and training, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD),
Government of India has set up five Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs)at Bhopal,
Kolkata, Mohali, Pune and Thiruvananthapuram.
It is a five year dual degree programme for bright and motivated students of science who have completed
class XII. It integrates classroom learning with research and provides ample scope for multidisciplinary interactions.
• BS-MS students are eligible for either KVPY or INSPIRE scholarship.
• Highly competent and motivated faculty in various disciplines with a passion for science.
• Integrated undergraduate teaching with cutting edge research across disciplines.
• Upcoming eco-friendly green campuses with appropriate infrastructure.
• Library with online resources, books and research journals.
• State of the art teaching and research facilities.
• Sports and recreational facilities.
• Hostel facility for all students.
* Candidates satisfying at least one of the following three criteria are eligible to apply
* Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) Basic Science Stream: Students qualifying in SA (2011)/SX (2012)/SB (2012)/SP (passed class XII in 2012)
* Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) 2013: Students obtaining a minimum aggregate of 60% marks in class XII and securing a place in the rank list of Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) for the admission to Indian Institute of Technology (IITs)
* For SC/ST/PD candidates the required percentage of aggregate marks in class XII is 55%
* State and Central Boards: Students who have passed class XII in 2012 or are appearing for class XII exam in 2013 in science stream with either; aggregate marks above or equal to cut-off percentage declared by DST as eligibility for INSPIRE fellowship (http://www.inspire-dst.gov.in), for OBC (non creamy layer)/PD category candidates there is 5% relaxation in DST cut off, the cut off for SC/ST candidates is 55% in class XII for all boards; or
* Advisory note for the eligibility for Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) under INSPIRE scheme
* Merely meeting the eligibility criteria or call letter for counseling does not entitle a candidate for admission to IISERs
* Students applying through State and Central Boards channel will be required to appear and qualify in IISER Aptitude Test
Receiving online application
KVPY: 01st April, 2013 to 03rd July, 2013
JEE (Advanced): 26th June, 2013 to 03rd July, 2013
State and Central Boards: 15th June, 2013 to 08th July, 2013
KVPY: 08th July, 2013
JEE (Advanced): 08th July, 2013
State and Central Boards: 20th July, 2013
Last date for receiving admission fees
KVPY: 16th July, 2013
JEE (Advanced): 16th July, 2013
State and Central Boards: 29th July, 2013
Leave your comments for Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research BS-MS Dual Degree Programme 2013comments powered by Disqus