In recent years, there has been a great demand for qualified medical physicists in hospitals, radiotherapy centers and in certain research institutes / industries. As per the National and International Regulatory stipulations, it is mandatory to have qualified medical physicists to establish radiotherapy centers. Radiological physics has applications in Imaging and Radiation therapy in Medicine, non-destructive testing in industry and also in agriculture and research. The field presently experiences a dearth of technically qualified personnel.
During training of a radiological Physicist, know-how in the safe use of radiation and radioisotopes in medicine and research is imparted. The syllabus covers among other subjects, radiation physics, radiation biology, Radiation detectors, electronics and instrumentation, statistics, computational methods, applications of radioisotopes in medicine, and radiation hazards evaluation and control. The training is supplemented by exhaustive practical, demonstrations, visit to hospitals and institutes using radiation equipments and sources.
The Medical Radiological Physicist, also known as Medical Physicist, or Radiation Physicist, for short, is one who applies principles and techniques of Physics in Medical applications. Many Medical Physicists are heavily involved with responsibilities in areas of diagnosis and treatment. They are also qualified to serve as Radiological Safety Officer, level III (RSO) in research and industrial institutions handling radioisotopes and ionizing radiations.
PG-Diploma in Medical Radiological Physics (PG-DMRP)
: 2 years including course work, field training and dissertation
: First or high second class in M.Sc./MS Physics or MS Engineering. Those appearing for the final year are also eligible
Stipend : An amount of Rs.500/- will be paid as stipend for selected candidates during the course of period (2 years)
Annual Tution Fees : Rs.50,000/- (Hostel (optional), Other Fees and Caution Deposit will be extra)
Based on the Marks obtained in the qualifying examination, Entrance test and personal interview.
Candidates can apply online through Amrita Online Application Registration System (OARS) to Post Gratuate Diploma in Medical Radiological Physics (PGDMRP) course and no other mode of application will be accepted.
* Register into OARS portal using a valid email - id
* Complete the online application form and submit. Enter payment of fee details (DD or Cash Voucher), upload soft copy of photo and submit
* Print Confirmation Sheet in which Address Slip is attached – Separate the Address slip and paste it on an A5 envelope and mail the Confirmation Sheet along with DD or Copy of the Cash Voucher received from Amrita Office through Registered Post / Speed Post / Courier.
Commencement of ONLINE registration: 15/04/2013
Last date for ONLINE registration : 1/06/2013
Last Date for receipt of ONLINE confirmation page : 10/06/2013
Last date for reporting the qualifying exam results : 30/06/2013
Entrance Test and Interview : 04/07/2013
Semester commences on : 15/07/2013
* A valid Email ID (If you do not have an email address we recommend Gmail.)
* canned copy of recent (taken after 1st January 2013) passport size color photograph. Photograph should be taken in a white/light colored background. The image should be in JPEG format and also on a standard 4.5cm x 3.5 cm print. Maximum pixel resolution for JPEG: 640X480 (0.3 Mega pixel). Minimum pixel resolution for JPEG: 320x240
* 2. Demand draft or Cash Voucher Details that is to be filled in Payment part of OARS portal. Application Fee is Rs. 500/-
Make payment of fee by way of Demand draft taken from any bank in favor of “Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham” payable at Kochi. The Demand draft is to be kept ready before filling the online form. The online application will prompt you to fill in (1) DD No, (2) Bank Name, (3) Branch, (4) Amount and (5) Date
Candidates must download and print the “Cash Voucher” and fill in the relevant details. .
Leave your comments for Amrita School of Medicine, Kochi POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN MEDICAL RADIOLOGICAL PHYSICS (PGDMRP) Admission 2013comments powered by Disqus
Stay connected with us on