M.Phil, Ph.D Admissions 2011-2012
Applications are invited on the prescribed form for admission to M.Phil and Ph.D programmes of the Faculty of Social Sciences, Centre of Central Asian Studies (CCAS), Institute of Kashmir Studies (IKS) and Markaz-i-Noor Shaikh-ul Alam Chair in the subjects given below.
1) Faculty of Social Sciences:
2) Center of Central Asian Studies (CCAS)
3) Institute of Kashmir Studies (IKS)
4) Markaz-i-Noor Shaikh-ul-Alam Chair
The candidates for admission to M.Phil program must have secured not less than 55% marks at Masters Level and shall have to qualify an Entrance Test. However the JRF/NET/SET qualified candidates and college teachers with five years service shall be exempted from appearing in the Entrance Test.
Candidates for admission to Ph.D program must have obtained M.Phil degree with at least B grade. Besides the following categories of candidates shall be eligible for direct admission to Ph.D program:-
1. Candidates having qualified JRF from National Examining Bodies
2. Secretaries/Directors/or Officers of equivalent cadre/College/School teachers with at least 15 years experience on substantive basis.
3. Candidates having secured, at least 65% of marks at the masters level in the subject and at least 60% of marks in the Entrance Test.
Candidates whose P.G. result is awaited are also eligible to apply subject to the production of an affidavit duly attested by 1st class Magistrate to the effect that they are submitting their application forms on their own risk and responsibility and they shall have no claim for appearing in the entrance test if their result of the qualifying examination is not declared till the date of conduct of test and if they fail to secure the required percentage of marks at P.G. level.
The application form can be had from the sale counter of University of Kashmir on payment of Rs. 25/-. Besides, the Entrance Test fee of Rs. 175/- is to be deposited separately in the University Chest.
The application forms should reach the office of the Dean of the Faculty, Kashmir University latest by 16th of August, 2011.