For admission to Post Graduate level Master of Computer Application (MCA) course conducted in different Engineering & Technology Colleges as well as in different Universities/University Department of the State of West Bengal.
Candidates can get the full details of West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam MCA (WB JECA) 2017 such as Application Form, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Important Dates and much more on this post.
About West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam MCA (WB JECA)
| Exam Name:
||West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam MCA
| Conducting Institute:
||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board
| Commonly called as:
| Exam Level:
|| Engineering Entrance Exam
|WB JECA Online Form Fill - up starts from
||1st Week Of May 2017 to Last Week Of June 2017
|WB JECA Application Fee payment
||1st Week Of May 2017 to Last Week Of June 2017
|WB JECA Admit Card
||3rd Week Of July 2017 to Last Week Of July 2017
|Date of WB JECA 2017 Entrance Examination
||Last Week Of July 2017
|Publication of Result
||Last Week Of July 2017
- He or she must be an Indian National.
- The candidates who are domicile of West Bengal are eligible to get quota seats in Government colleges.
- The candidates from other state are eligible to get seats in private institutions.
- The candidate must pass Bachelor Degree in any stream with Mathematics as one of the main subject of study from recognized university.
- The candidate’s going to write the qualifying exam this year, are also eligible to write this entrance exam.
WB JECA Registration & Examination Fee Structure
|Application Fee For students is
How to Apply
As of now, there is no offline facilitation entertain by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board for the MCA admission to academic year 2017-2018.
- You can register online from their official website.
- You have to read the instruction carefully before starting to enter your details online.
- You have to make online payment through net banking or credit card.
- The candidates who, have registered successfully will receive the confirmation screen after submitting the online form.
- WB JECA is a Paper based exam.
Number of Questions and Time Duration :
- 100 questions with 2 hours for Paper 1, 1 hour for Paper 2.
- Paper 1 : Mathematics – 100 marks.
- Paper 2 : Aptitude Test – 100 marks.
WB JECA MCA Exam 2017 Negative Marking :
- One Fourth ( 1/4 th ) of the full mark will be deducted for incorrect response.
- Multiple responses will be considered as incorrect response and One fourth ( 1/4 th ) of the full mark wil be deducted.
- Kolkata- North
- Kolkata - South
i. WB JECA 2017 Syllabus for Paper I Mathematics :
- Analytical Geometry : Cartesian and polar coordinate; Straight line; Circle; Ellipse; Parabola; Hyperbola; Translation & Rotation of axes.
- Algebra : Complex number, De Moiver’s theorem, Solution of linear equations, Determinants, Matrices, Summation of signal series, Addition of vectors, Scalar and Vector products, Inequation, Sets and elements, Universal set, Empty set, Subsets, Venn diagram, Union and intersection of sets, Complements, Algebra of sets, Finite sets, Class of sets, Partitions, Cross product, Group, Ring and Field.
- Calculus : Limit, Continuity, Differentiation; Maxima & minima; Taylor & Maclaruin’s Series: Definite and indefinite integrals, First ana second order differential equation; Functions of several variables; Partial differentiation.
- Probability & Statistics : Permutation, Combination; Probability; Probability distribution; Mean; Median; Mode; Standard Deviation; Correlation coefficient.
ii. WB JECA 2017 Syllabus for Paper II Aptitude Test :
- Problem Solving
- Quantitative Comparison
- Discrete Quantitative Analysis
- Data interpretation
Admit Card / Hall Ticket
The candidate should verify all the information in the admit card. If any issue is found, then get it corrected with the concerned authority.
The candidates are required to carry the admit card to the examination hall. Without it, you will not be allowed to enter the examination hall. It is also very important to document for the further admission processes.
After evaluation, JECA 2017 shall be declared Rank-wise, Roll No wise and category wise. Publication of JECA result in the Last Week Of July 2017 (Tentative).
The Ranking shall be solely based on the result of WB JECA 2017 and shall be valid for admission.
This Ranking will be drawn to give an approximate idea to the candidate with regard to his/her relative position only based on WBJEEB JECA 2017.
The WB JECA result 2017 will be available on WBJEEB website wbjeeb.in
- After, all the Question Booklets and OMR Response Sheets are received by the WBJEEB the evaluation shall be done using OMR machine.
Rules for scrutiny/review of Answer Sheet: The Board neither publishes nor communicates the result to any individual applicant. It does not have any provision for post publication, scrutiny and/or review arid hence will not entertain any such application after the examination.
Result: Result of JECA-2017 is likely to be declared tentatively in the last Week Of July 2017. The Board will publish the merit list at its website. The total number of candidates to be merit listed will be decided by appropriate authority.
Merit listed candidates will be allowed to download their Rank Cards from Official Website.
Instructions / Information to JECA 2017 merit listed candidates seeking admission to Master in Computer Application ( MCA ) course in Universities / Colleges in West Bengal for academic session 2017 - 18.
iii. WB JECA 2017 MCA Counselling Form :
- Counselling Form and the e-challan can be down loaded from Board’s website ( www.wbjeeb.in ) from September, 2017. Candidates should bring the duly filled in forms ( as stated above ) with them on the day of Counselling.
iv. WB JECA 2017 MCA Counselling Fee :
- Candidates have to pay a non-refundable Counselling fee of 506/- through the duly filled-in e-challan at any branch of Allahabad Bank. Candidates are requested to bring the Board’s copy of the e-challan with them on the day of Counselling.
WB JECA 2017 Counselling Documents
Important documents to be brought positively by the candidates during counselling :
- Counselling Form ( to be downloaded from the Board’s website ) duly filled-in and signed in specified places and also affixing recent passport size photograph duly self attested in the specified place.
- Board copy of Bank challan.
- Original downloaded Admit Card of JECA 2017.
- Downloaded Result Sheet ( The page which contains candidate’s name and rank ).
- Original mark sheet of Madhyamik or equivalent examination.
- Original mark sheet of Higher Secondary ( 10+2 ) level or equivalent examination.
- Original Graduate level mark sheets ( 10+2+3 ) pattern ( both pass and honours ) as applicable.
- Any other documents in original required for fulfillment of eligibility and other criteria of different Universities / Institutes.
- In case of SC / ST / PWD / OBC (A) / OBC / B candidates of the state of West Bengal only, Original SC / ST / PWD / OBC(A) / OBC / B Certificates issued from the Competent Authority for verification.
The PWD candidates claiming seats under reserved category are required to satisfy the following criteria.
For admission to JECA 2017 MCA Course : For PWD ( loco motor disorder, visual impairment, speech and hearing impairment ) category candidate a minimum of 40% disability is required subject to the condition that the candidate is capable of carrying out all activities related to theory and practical work as applicable to MCA course without any special concession and exemption.
WB JECA 2017 Counselling Procedure
Procedure to be followed in case of candidates unable to appear in the JECA MCA counselling in person owing to some valid reason( s ) :
If any candidate is unable to appear in the counselling in person owing to valid reasons under exceptional circumstances / medical ground his / her parents / guardians may be permitted to appear in the counselling on his / her behalf with the following documents.
- Authorization letter from the candidate ( proforma to be downloaded from the website of the Board ) attesting the signature of his / her parent / guardian and also declaring in the said authorization letter that he/she would not claim any seat in the Institution other than the one allotted to him / her through his / her representative by authorization.
- Medical Certificate from a registered practitioner :
All original testimonials as mentioned under Sl. No. (5) above under heading “Important documents to be brought positively by the candidates during Counselling”
WB JECA 2017 Counselling Details
Other pertinent points to be noted :
- Candidates are required to be present positively before half an hour from the specified time slot for their Counselling in the Counselling Program.
- Candidates should note that allotment of a seat in any University / Institute by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board is entirely provisional and is subject to fulfillment of the eligibility and other criteria specific to the allotted University / Institute for admission to Master in Computer Application course. If the candidate does not possess the said eligibility criteria, his allotment would be cancelled outright at the moment of detection at any level. Such eligibility and other criteria would be verified by the concerned University / Institute where the candidate has been allotted by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board at the time of admission.
- Candidates belonging to states other than West Bengal shall not be considered for admission to Government Engineering colleges.
- Reservation of seats for SC / ST / PWD / OBC (A) / OBC (B) is applicable to the candidates of the State of West Bengal only. SC / ST / PWD / OBC (A) / OBC (B) candidates of other States can not avail of this facility.
- For Government and Government aided Engineering & Technological Colleges the reservation of seats for SC / ST / PWD / OBC (A) / OBC (B) candidates will be as per Government Rules. For Universities / University Departments reservation rules in case of SC / ST / PWD / OBC (A) / OBC (B) candidates of the concerned Universities shall be followed
- Appearance of a rank in the counselling schedule does not guarantee a seat in any University / Institute. Counselling for allotment of seats will be stopped as soon as the last vacant seat is filled up and no further queries in this regard will be entertained.
- The claim of a candidate to exercise option shall be limited to the vacancies prevalent at that instant when his / her turn comes for appearing before the counselling officials
- The option will have to be exercised at the time of counselling. Once the allotment of a seat in any University / Institute is done no further change of the University / Institute will be entertained.
West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam MCA (WB JECAA)
AQ 13/1, Sector-V
Salt Lake City
Kolkata - 700091
Phones : (+91) (033) 23671198, 23671199
Fax : (+91) (033) 23671149
Emails : [email protected], [email protected]
Website : http://www.wbjeeb.in/jeca.html
Do you have questions? Click here to Ask the IndCareer Community!