The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is the central agency authorized to conduct the Civil Services Examination for entry-level appointments to the various Civil Services of India.
October 1, 1926
Dholpur House, Shah Jahan Road, New Delhi - 110069
List of all the exams conducted by UPSC:
- Combined Medical Services Examination
- Combined Defence Services Examination
- National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination
- Indian Engineering Services Examination
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (In May)
- Civil Services (Main) Examination (In Oct/Nov)
- Indian Forest Service Examination (In July)
- Special Class Railway Apprentices' Examination
- Central Police Forces (Assistant Commandants) Examination (In October)
- Indian Economic Service Examination
- Indian Statistical Service Examination
- Geologists' Examination (in December)
- Engineering Services Examination (In June)
- Section Officers/Stenographers (Grade-B/Grade-I) Limited Departmental Competetive Examination (In December)
Every year, UPSC submits a report of its work to the President of India.
Official Website of UPSC: http://upsc.gov.in/
List of suggested books for UPSC exam preparations.
Do you have questions? Click here to Ask the IndCareer Community!