See this page in HINDI >>

Patna University Master of Education (M.Ed) Entrance Test (PU MEET)


Get FREE Alerts

Follow to get latest updates in your inbox as soon as they happen.

  1. Eligibility
  2. Criteria of Selection
  3. Reservations & Related Information
  4. Address

The Patna University, shall conducted Entrance Test for admission into Master of Education Centre, hereinafter called, MEET, for the academic session. The Dept of Education, Patna University, Patna was established as a separate department of Post-Graduate teaching and research in 1954 Prior to this, Master of Education (M.Ed) programme was running in the Patna Training College, Patna University, Patna since 1934; it is Post- Graduate Dept of Education recognized by NCTE which prepares manpower for Teacher Training Colleges and University Departments of Education.


=> Candidates who have obtained at last 55% marks in the Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Degree or any other qualification equivalent thereto duly recognized by the UGC & NCTE are eligible to appear at M.Ed Entrance Test (MEET), however there shall be a relaxation of 5% marks in favour of SC/ ST/ OBC and other reserved category of candidates as defined by the state govt.

=> A person appearing at the qualifying examination as mentioned above may also apply for admission to M.Ed Course and will be eligible for sitting at entrance test (MEET), but she/ he will have to produce the result of the qualifying examination with the criteria mentioned above, to the university at least seven days before the date of publication of MEET result as fixed by the Patna University. If the candidate fails to submit the copy of marks sheet of qualifying examination in the university before the deadline, her/his candidature will be automatically cancelled

Criteria of Selection

=> Admission will be made strictly in order of merit i.e. percentage of marks secured by the candidates at the Entrance Test (i.e. MEET) conducted by the Patna University, subject to fulfilling of the eligibility conditions mentioned at the proper place in the Prospectus and availability of seats in M.Ed course for which the candidate has applied for the Entrance Test

=> To qualify for admission to M.Ed Course, a candidate must obtain minimum of 45% marks at the Entrance Test held for the purpose provided that said minimum marks may suitably be lowered by the Vice-Chancellor on recommendation of the Head of the Dept of Education

=> 80% seats are reserved for the candidates having B.Ed degree from Patna University and remaining 20% for the candidates having B.Ed degree from other university provided they fulfill the requirements as mentioned above in the eligibility conditions and must have obtained the minimum qualifying marks (i.e. 45%) at the entrance test

=> SC, ST, EBC, BC, BC Women and Physically challenged candidates will get reservations per Govt of Bihar Rules declared time to time and adopted by the Patna University

=> Reservation of seats will be applicable only when the candidate fulfils the minimum eligibility conditions and must have obtained the minimum qualifying marks (i.e. 45%) at the entrance test

=> The reserved category candidates shall have to submit a copy of the certificate issued by the competent authority (DM/ SDO/ CO)

=> Candidates belonging to the physically handicapped category shall have to submit a copy of the disability certificate issued by the District CMO/ Civil Surgeon with the Application Form


Patna University
Ashok Rajpath,
Dept of Education, Patna University,
Email: [email protected],
Phone No.: 0612- 2303937,


Do you have questions? Click here to Ask the IndCareer Community!

Futher Reading

Stay connected with us on

Related Topics