Applications are invited for MAH-MCA-CET 2017 for admission to First Year of three-year Full Time Post Graduate Degree Course in MCA in the Government, Govt. Aided, University Managed, University Departments and Unaided Institutes in the Maharashtra State.
Candidates can get the full details of MAH-MCA-CET Exam 2017 such as Application Form, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Important Dates and much more on this post.
About MAH-MCA-CET Exam
| Exam Name:
||Maharashtra Common Entrance Master of Computer Applications Common Entrance Test
| Conducting Institute:
|| Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra.
| Commonly called as:
| Exam Level:
||Computer Applications Common Entrance Test
MAH-MCA-CET Exam Dates
|Applications will be available from
|1st week of February 2017.
|Last date for receiving of application forms is in the
|2nd week of March 2017
| Hall Tickets will be issued in the
|3rd week of March 2017
|Examination date is
|in the last week of March 2017
To be eligible for MAH MCA CET candidates are required to satisfy the following criteria:
- Candidates who wish to apply for MAH MCA CET have to pass their 10+2+3 or graduation or equivalent examination from any of the recognized universities or colleges only.
- Applicants belonging to open category are required to score 50% aggregate marks and those from OBC or SC or ST or PD should have atleast 45% marks in their graduation.
- It is mandatory for all the candidates have Mathematics as one of the subject either in their 10+2 or graduation.
- Candidates pursuing their final year can also apply for this examination, but should be able to produce their certificate of passing at the counselling.
- Candidates must be Indian citizens only either with local or non-local status.
MAH-MCA-CET Registration & Examination Fee Structure
|Registration Fee For belonging to open category and resident of Maharastra
|If the candidate resides in Maharastra but belongs to reserved category or Physically challenged then have to pay
|If the candidates are not from Maharastra then they have to make a payment of
How to Apply
Candidates have to apply for MAH MCA CET in online mode only and are required to follow below guidelines:
- Candidates are required to first visit the official website and click on the link of application form.
- Then the candidates will be redirected to the registration page and after they click on this page, they will be asked to fill up all the basic details.
- Once the registration process is completed the candidate will receive the login credentials to email or mobile.
- Next step is that candidates have to login with these details to fill the form.
- Then fill the application form carefully without any mistakes.
- Upload the recent color passport size Photograph and scanned signature in one of these formats JPG,JPEG/PNG with the mentioned dimensions in the specified link.
- Then pay the fee through one of the payment modes mentioned in the brochure.
- Verify and submit the application form.
The test duration of MAH MCA CET 2017 is about 90 minutes, with total number of questions being 50. This test is conducted in two papers consisting of 100 marks each. All the questions are in multiple choice only.
- The objective of this paper is to assess the general aptitude of the candidate to pursue computer applications and software profession.
- The questions in this paper will consist of logical reasoning, quantitative reasoning, high school mathematics, vocabulary, English comprehension and verbal ability.
- Fundamental operations in Algebra, Expansion, factorization, Quadratic equations, indices, logarithms, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, binomial theorem, permutations and combinations.
- Rectangular Cartesian co-ordinates, equations of a line, mid point, intersections etc., equations of a circle, distance formulae, pair of straight lines, parabola, ellipse and hyperbola, simple geometric transformations such as translation, rotation, scaling.
- Differential equations of first order and their solutions, linear differential equations with constant coefficients, homogenous linear differential equations.
- Simple identities, trigonometric equations, properties of triangles, solution of triangles, height and distance, inverse function.
Probability and Statistics:-
- Basic concepts of probability theory, Averages, Dependent and independent events, frequency distributions, and measures of dispersions, skewness and kurtosis, random variable and distribution functions, mathematical expectations, Binomial, Poisson, normal distributions, curve fitting, and principle of least squares, correlation and regression.
- Ratios and proportions, problems on time-work, distance-speed, percentage, etc.
- Set Theory and Functions:
- Set, relations and mappings.
- Areas, triangles and quadrilaterals, area and circumference of circles, volumes and surface areas of simple solids such as cubes, spheres, cylinders and cones.
- Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), Structure of instructions in CPU, input / output devices, computer memory, memory organization, back-up devices.
- Representation of characters, integers, and fractions, binary and hexadecimal representations, Binary Arithmetic: Addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, signed arithmetic and two’s complement arithmetic, floating point representation of numbers, normalized floating point representation, Boolean algebra, truth tables, Venn diagrams.
- Block structure of computers, communication between processor and I / O devices, interrupts.
- Assembly language and high level language, Multiprogramming and time sharing operating systems, Computer Programming in C.
Operating System basics:
- Multi programming and timesharing operating systems.
Admit Card / Hall Ticket
The registered candidates can download their hall tickets from 3rd Week Of March 2017 onwards. Note that you will not be allowed to enter the exam hall without the hall ticket.
Steps to Download the Admit Card
- Go to the official website of DTE.
- Click on Candidate’s Login.
- Therein, login with your Registered Number/ Roll Number and Password/ Date of Birth
- Click on the Admit Card link
- Enter the asked details and click on the download tab.
- Affix the photograph in the space provided (as used in application form).
The cut off score depends on difficulty level of exam, availability of seats, number of applicants, etc. Based on the cut-off score examination authority prepares the merit list and candidates are called for counselling.
The result of the MAH-MCA-CET 2017 will be displayed on the website. The result will indicate marks obtained by the candidate in the CET. The result will display two separate lists of eligible and not eligible candidates. The candidates can login using their application ID and seat number. Thereafter the documents will be verified and updated and the 2017 merit list will be announced.
One can follow these steps:
- Log on to the official website.
- Find the specific link for result and click on it.
- Give the required details like Registration ID and Password.
- Click on the submit button.
- Then your Result will be appeared on the screen.
- Download that score card for the further use.
The counselling and Seat allotment for MAH MCA CET 2017 will be conducted through the Centralized Allotment Process. There will be total three rounds of Centralized Allotment. In the first two rounds of CAP, centralized allotment would be done for eligible candidates from both Maharashtra State and OMS categories. All the eligible candidates will be required to fill online option forms. The third round of CAP would be conducted only for Maharashtra State candidates.First 2 rounds of CAP will be online and last one will be offline.
All the candidates who wish to participate in CAP should mandatorily fill the Online Option form for each respective CAP Round. Candidates must remember the following points while filling the option form:
Candidates can fill online application form after they login through their credentials on the website.
No changes would be allowed in the Options after confirmation,
The maximum number of options for CAP Round I and II is 100.
Candidates are allowed to fill minimum 1 and maximum 100 options.
3, Mahapalika Marg
Post Box No - 1967, Mumbai - 400001
Phones : (+91) (022) 22626853/54
Fax : (+91) (022) 22690007
Emails : [email protected]
Website : http://www.dte.org.in/mca
Do you have questions? Click here to Ask the IndCareer Community!