- 1 West Bengal ANM GNM
- 1.1 West Bengal ANM GNM 2023 Exam Date
- 1.2 West Bengal ANM GNM – An Exam Overview
- 1.3 What is ANM and GNM?
- 1.4 The Importance of ANM and GNM in Healthcare
- 1.5 Eligibility and Admission Process
- 1.6 Application Process
- 1.7 Registration
- 1.8 Exam Pattern
- 1.9 Admit Card
- 1.10 Answer Keys
- 1.11 Result
- 1.12 Counselling
- 1.13 Curriculum and Course Structure
- 1.14 Career Prospects
- 1.15 Scope in West Bengal
- 1.16 Challenges and Solutions
- 1.17 Government Initiatives
- 1.18 Role of ANM and GNM in Pandemics
- 1.19 Advantages of Pursuing ANM and GNM in West Bengal
- 1.20 Tips for Success
- 1.21 Testimonials from Graduates
- 1.22 Conclusion
- 2 FAQs
West Bengal, the Auxiliary Nurse Midwife (ANM) and General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) programs play a vital role in producing skilled healthcare workers. This article explores the significance, eligibility, curriculum, career prospects, and more about ANM and GNM in West Bengal. The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB) conducts the West Bengal ANM GNM exam for admission to the 2-year ANM (Auxiliary Nurse Midwife) and 3-year GNM (General Nursing and Midwifery) courses in various colleges/institutes in the state of West Bengal.
- Previous Year Question Papers
- Application Form
- Admit Card
- Answer Key
- OMR Response Sheet
West Bengal ANM GNM
The West Bengal ANM GNM 2023 examination took place on July 23, 2023, and the results have now been officially released. This examination serves as the State-level Nursing entrance exam and is administered by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB). The purpose of the WB ANM GNM exam is to facilitate admission to 2-year ANM and 3-year GNM courses offered by various Colleges and Institutes within the state of West Bengal. The official website for this examination can be accessed at wbjeeb.nic.in.
West Bengal ANM GNM 2023 Exam Date
WBJEEB decides and announces the exam date of West Bengal ANM GNM 2023. Note the following dates. However, also check wbjeeb.nic.in regularly for any changes in schedule.
|Release of notification||Jan 2023|
|Release of West Bengal ANM GNM 2023 application form||17 Jan 2023|
|Last date to apply online at wbjeeb.nic.in|
24 Feb 2023
|West Bengal ANM GNM 2023 application correction window|
27 Feb – 01 Mar 2023
|West Bengal ANM GNM 2023 admit card release date||17 Jul 2023|
|West Bengal ANM GNM 2023 Exam Date||23 July 2023 at 11:00 am|
|Release of official answer key, OMR Response Sheet||18 Aug 2023|
|Last date to raise objections against answer key, OMR Response Sheet||21 Aug 2023 (up to 11.59 pm)|
|West Bengal ANM GNM 2023 result announcement||06 Sep 2023|
Important Downloads and Official Links
- Information Bulletin
- Proformas for Certificates
- Rules of the Examination
- Examination Zones
- Recognized Boards/Councils
- Important instructions
West Bengal ANM GNM – An Exam Overview
Highlights of the examination are as follows.
|Name of Exam||WB ANM GNM|
|Full Form of WB ANM GNM||West Bengal Joint Entrance Test for ANM(R) & GNM Courses|
|Full Form of WBJEEB||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board|
|Level of Exam||State|
|Type of Exam||Nursing Entrance Exam|
|Courses Where Admission is Through WB ANM GNM||2 years ANM and 3 years GNM|
|Colleges Where Admission is Through WB ANM GNM||Govt., Pvt., Self-financed institutes in the State of West Bengal|
|Minimum Educational Qualification||Class 12|
|Mode of Exam||Offline OMR Based|
|Type of Questions||MCQs|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Exam Duration||1.5 hours|
|Subjects in Question Paper||Life Science, Physical Science, Basic English, Mathematics, General Knowledge, Logical Reasoning|
What is ANM and GNM?
ANM (Auxiliary Nurse Midwife)
ANM is a diploma course that focuses on primary healthcare. ANMs are trained to provide healthcare services at the grassroots level. They play a crucial role in maternal and child healthcare, immunization programs, and community health education.
GNM (General Nursing and Midwifery)
GNM is a three-year diploma course that prepares students for a career in nursing. GNM nurses are trained to deliver comprehensive nursing care, including midwifery. They work in hospitals, clinics, and various healthcare settings.
The Importance of ANM and GNM in Healthcare
ANMs and GNM nurses are the first point of contact for many patients, especially in rural areas. They bridge the gap between communities and healthcare facilities, ensuring timely and accessible care. Their roles include health promotion, disease prevention, and basic medical procedures.
Eligibility and Admission Process
- To pursue ANM, candidates typically need a 10+2 certificate, while GNM requires a 10+2 certificate with science subjects. Admission is based on merit, and some institutions may conduct entrance exams. Aspirants must meet the age criteria specified by the respective institutions.
- Candidates must make themselves aware of the latest applicable rules of different Universities, Institutions, Government Departments, Regulatory Bodies at the time of admission. Board will not be responsible by any way, if any candidate fails to aware himself/herself regularly on any updated information.
- Age: Minimum 17 years and maximum 30 years as of 01.07.2023
- Nationality: Indian citizen with domicile in West Bengal
Eligibility criteria for appearing in ANM(R) & GNM-2023 is as follows
Eligibility criteria for admission (As intimated by the concerned Authorities)
The application process for the WB ANM GNM exam is online. The application form can be filled up and submitted on the WBJEEB website.
a) The Examination Fees can be paid by Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card/ UPI only.
b) Application fee for the examination is Rs.300 (Rupees three hundred only) for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/Orphan candidates and Rs.400 (Rupees four hundred only) for all other candidates, plus the Bank’s service charges as applicable.
c) The fee once paid is not refundable under any circumstances.
a) The candidate will enter personal details such as-name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, gender, identification type and number, present and permanent address, mobile number, email ID etc.
b) Candidates must be careful while entering name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, gender and domicile. This information cannot be changed/edited/modified under any circumstances.
c) Then the candidate has to create password and submit the registration.
d) An application number will be generated and will appear on the screen. Also, SMS/email will be sent to the registered mobile no./ email ID of the candidate.
e) If the candidate forgets the password, he/she has to recover it through “Forgot Password” option. There is no other way to recover the password.
f) It is not possible for any person/agency to change/edit/input any information without knowing the password. Hence candidates must not share their password with anybody. The Board will not be responsible for any change resulting from sharing/ divulging of the password.
The question paper of West Bengal Joint Entrance Test for ANM(R) & GNM Courses will be as per the exam pattern. The West Bengal ANM GNM 2023 exam pattern conveys the mode, important topics, question distribution, marking scheme. Latest exam scheme is as per wbjeeb.nic.in. You can also practice the pattern, type of questions with PYQPs and WB ANM GNM sample question papers. West Bengal ANM GNM 2023 mock tests are also a good way to familiarize yourself with the pattern.
The exam pattern is as follows
- Mode of Exam – The exam is a Offline OMR Based test.
- Question type – The questions are MCQs .
- Number of Questions – There are 100 questions in the West Bengal ANM GNM.
- Total Marks – Maximum marks in the WB ANM GNM is 115.
- Exam Duration – The entrance exam is of 1.5 hours.
- Language of Question Paper – The question paper is in language English and Bengali language (except Basic English and logical reasoning).
Marking Scheme and Type of Questions in Category 1 and Category 2:
- No. of correct answers – Only one option is correct.
- Marks for correct answers – Correct response will yield 1 (one) mark for each question.
- Negative marking for incorrect answers – Incorrect response will yield -1/4 (25% negative) marks for each question.
- More than one answer marked – For any combination of more than one option, even if it contains the correct option, the said answer will be treated as incorrect and will yield -¼ (negative 25%) marks.
- Marks for not attempted question – Not attempting the question will fetch zero mark
- No. of correct answers – One or more options is/are correct.
- Marks for correct answers – Marking all correct options only will yield 2 (two) marks.
- Negative marking for incorrect answers – For any combination of answers containing one or more incorrect options, the said answer will be treated as incorrect, and it will yield zero (0) mark even if one or more of the chosen options is/are correct.
- More than one answer marked – For partially correct answers, i.e., when all correct options are not marked and also no incorrect options are marked, marks awarded = 2 × (no of correct options marked) / (total no of actually correct options)
- Marks for not attempted question – Not attempting the question will fetch 0 marks
a) Admit cards will be generated on the notified date for the student to download and take a print. Candidate must carry a printed hard copy of the admit card to the examination center.
b) Candidates must ensure that the admit card is not mutilated/ distorted/soiled even by accident. Candidates with such mutilated/ distorted/ soiled admit cards will not be allowed to appear in the examination.
a) Model Answer Keys will be available for a brief period at Board’s website shortly after the examination. Candidates can login and view the model answer keys.
b) Candidates can also challenge any answer key on payment of ₹500 (Rupees Five hundred only) per question plus the bank’s service charges, if any. The fee once paid is not refundable under any circumstances.
c) The Board will review the challenges and publish Final and Frozen Answer Keys. The Board’s decision in this regard will be final and no further communication will be entertained.
Result will be published in the form of Rank Card, which will contain all relevant ranks and total score. Candidates can view and download their rank card by logging in with their password. The Board never publishes a rank list to ensure confidentiality to each individual candidate.
a) A separate notification with details of counseling/seat allotment and admission procedure will be published in www.wbjeeb.in and www.wbjeeb.nic.in in due course after publication of result.
b) Course-wise and institute wise availability of seats as to be provided by the Competent Authorities will also be published before counseling and seat allotment.
Curriculum and Course Structure
The ANM and GNM courses encompass a wide range of subjects, including anatomy, physiology, nutrition, and community health. Practical training is a significant part of the curriculum, allowing students to gain hands-on experience.
Upon completion of the ANM and GNM programs, graduates have diverse career opportunities. They can work in government hospitals, private clinics, NGOs, and even pursue further studies to become specialized nurses.
Scope in West Bengal
West Bengal has a high demand for skilled healthcare professionals, making it an ideal place to pursue ANM and GNM courses. The state offers numerous job opportunities in both urban and rural areas.
Challenges and Solutions
Despite the importance of ANM and GNM programs, they face challenges such as inadequate infrastructure and faculty shortages. Addressing these issues through government initiatives can enhance the quality of education.
The West Bengal government has launched several initiatives to promote ANM and GNM education. Scholarships, training programs, and infrastructure development projects aim to improve the healthcare workforce.
Role of ANM and GNM in Pandemics
During pandemics like COVID-19, ANMs and GNM nurses are on the front lines, providing essential healthcare services. Their contribution to healthcare systems during crises is invaluable.
Advantages of Pursuing ANM and GNM in West Bengal
Studying ANM and GNM in West Bengal offers advantages such as exposure to diverse healthcare settings, cultural enrichment, and a chance to serve underserved communities.
Tips for Success
To excel in ANM and GNM programs, students should be dedicated, compassionate, and eager to learn. Building strong communication skills and staying updated with medical advancements is essential.
Testimonials from Graduates
“I am proud to be an ANM graduate from West Bengal. The program not only provided me with excellent education but also a sense of purpose in serving my community.” – Priya, ANM Graduate
ANM and GNM programs in West Bengal are instrumental in shaping the healthcare landscape. They equip students with the knowledge and skills to make a positive impact on society. Pursuing these courses in West Bengal opens doors to a fulfilling career in healthcare.
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board DB-118,
Sector-I, Salt Lake City
Toll free No.- 1800-1023-781, 1800-123-4782 (Extn. No.- 2)
The WB ANM GNM exam is a State level Nursing entrance exam. It is for admission to 2 years ANM and 3 years GNM courses in various Colleges/ Institutes in the State of West Bengal.
The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) conducts this exam.
The official website is wbjeeb.nic.in.
You should apply as per instructions in the West Bengal ANM GNM 2023 notification. Check wbjeeb.nic.in for online application form.
In order to prepare for the exam, first complete the WB ANM GNM syllabus. Then practise the chapter wise questions from the best reference books for West Bengal ANM GNM. Thereafter solve previous year question papers. Then finally solve sample papers, and take mock tests.