Panjab University announces Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test (PUTHAT), Chandigarh invites applications for admission to Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT) and Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management (BTTM) Exam for the academic session 2022 at its Chandigarh Campus.
Panjab University announces Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test (PUTHAT), Chandigarh Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT) and Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management (BTTM) Exam 2022
|Sl. No||Events||Respective Dates|
|1.||Date of Availability of Prospectus and Application Form on the website||May 24, 2022 (Tuesday)|
|2.||Last date for submission of information on the website to generate the Login & Password||June 30, 2022 (Thursday)|
|3.||Last date for deposit of fee through Online mode||July 02, 2022 (Saturday)|
|4.||Last date for uploading of photograph, signature with rest of the information on the website||July 04, 2022 (Monday)|
|5.||Date by which Roll No. will be available online Roll No. and Centre of Examination will be generated and the Roll No. slip is required to be downloaded from the website by the candidate using their own Login and Password. There will be no physical communication for this purpose.||uly 08, 2022 (Friday)|
|6.||Last date for candidates who have not completed their form but have paid requisite fee, can complete their form (10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.) by paying late fee of Rs. 500/-||July 12, 2022 (Tuesday)|
|7.||Final date by which Admit Card/Roll Nos. will be issued manually by CET-Cell to the candidates who have completed their form by paying late fee of Rs. 500/-||July 12, 2022 (Tuesday)|
|8.||Date and Time of Entrance Test||July 15, 2022 (Friday)|
10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
|9.||Centre for the Entrance Test||Chandigarh Only|
|10.||Tentative date by which the result may be declared by the University||August 05, 2022|
The number of seats offered by the UIHTM is as follows:
|Course||Number of Seats|
|Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (Four Year Programme)||60 + 06 NRI|
|Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management||30 + 03 NRI|
– Candidates who have cleared 10+2 with 50% marks in aggregate and English as one of the compulsory subjects from Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi or its equivalent exam organized by a recognized Council/Board/University, are eligible to apply.
– Candidates must have passed class 12th from CBSE or its equivalent Examination conducted by a recognized Board/University/Council.
– The students should have obtained not less than 50% marks in aggregate and English as one of the Compulsory Subjects.
– For SC/ST/BC/PwD Categories the students should have at least obtained 45% in aggregate and English as one of the Compulsory Subjects.
Note: The candidates who have passed or have appeared in 10+2 Examinations conducted by Mahila Gram Vidyapith, Allahabad are ineligible to appear to apply for PUTHAT-2022, as this institution has been derecognized by Panjab University, Chandigarh.
PUTHAT exam paper consists of 100 questions of one mark each. The medium of exam shall be English only. There shall be negative marking i.e., 25% marks will be deducted for every wrong answer
Total time allocated to the paper will be 90 minutes.
The distribution of marks for the respective components of testing would be as:
|i)||English Aptitude||30 Questions|
|ii)||Current Affairs and General Awareness||20 Questions|
|iii)||Reasoning Ability||20 Questions|
|iv)||Hospitality Industry Awareness||30 Questions|
The rank list, also known as merit list, will be prepared based on the marks obtained in the written exam only.
Application Form Procedure
Here is the procedure to fill up PUTHAT application form. The Candidates are advised to read the instructions carefully before applying.
- Go to the official website of the university,e. http://puthat.puchd.ac.in. And then register yourself, and complete the application form. Upon registration, you will get username and password. You should keep this details kept safely. These login details will be used for completing the application form, changing details, getting application form printout, accessing admit card, and viewing results
- Now you need to take print out of bank slip. Deposit the fee (General category- Rs.2175/- and SC/ST category- Rs.1088/-) at any SBI branch.
- Now login to your account after 24 hours of depositing fee and upload scanned copy of your photograph, signature, fill rest of the details and save & confirm.
The subjects are (i) English Aptitude; (ii) Current Affairs and General Awareness (iii) Reasoning Ability (iv) Hospitality Industry Awareness
The PUTHAT Admit Card will be made available for the candidates to download on the official website,i.e., http://puthat.puchd.ac.in/ in the month of April 2022. Candidates are advised to take the print of admit card and keep it safe until the end of the admission process. Entry in examination hall will only be allowed with the admit card.
The result of the PUTHAT 2022 will be announced in the monst of May 2022 on the official website of University, i.e., http://www.results.puchd.ac.in as well as in the enquiry office of the University.
For more details Visit Here
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website
Address: Panjab University, Sector 14, Chandigarh, 160014
Phone: 0172 253 4498