Institute / Organisation:Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI), New Delhi
Emmes Scholarship Fund 2016 for Master of Public Health students
The Emmes Scholarship Fund seeks to encourage students to choose, pursue and advance career and work in the area of public health. This scholarship (full/half/part) fund will be available to students enrolling for Master of Public Health (MPH) Programs at IIPHs (Delhi NCR, Gandhinagar and Hyderabad).
The MPH program is currently being offered by Indian Institutes of Public Health (IIPHs) under the aegis of PHFI at Delhi NCR (Gurgaon), Gandhinagar (Gujarat) and Hyderabad (Telangana).
The Emmes Scholarship will be based on the set out selection process as per the Institutional guidelines including but not restricted to merit, means and demonstrated need. They will also be mentored over the course of study and will be guided to develop their full potential and to pursue their passion and build strong careers in public health. Scholarship will be awarded to candidates who have specific interest in Public Health. This will be assessed through:
-Previous work experience in public health OR;
-Previous education or research projects focussed on public health
-Amongst the group that meets the above criteria, preference will be accorded to
-Socially and economically weaker sections
-Candidates having relevant work experience in public health in backward and rural districts in India
- Emmes Scholarships (full/ half/ part) will be awarded, based on an assessment of available self sponsored applicant’s pool across the IIPHs for MPH program.
- Emmes scholarship would only be offered to the Indian nationals.
- Emmes scholarship would be offered to the applicants applying for on-campus (full time) MPH being offered by PHFI through the IIPHs.
- A select Scholarship Committee will review applicant’s candidature for the said scholarship. Decision to call a candidate for interview or select a candidate for scholarship will be final and no representation in this regard will be entertained.
- Incomplete and unsigned/unsubstantiated application forms are liable to be rejected.
Last Date of Submission of Application Form: 31st May 2016
For more details, please visit official website: www.phfi.org