Maharashtra Unaided Private Professional Educational Institutions, the Government of Maharashtra has notified the rules to regulate the admissions to the First and Direct Second Year of Full-Time Professional Undergraduate Technical Courses (Engineering and Technology, Pharmacy, Pharm D., Architecture , Hotel Management and Catering Technology).
The Candidates seeking admissions to the professional courses for the seats provided in
(1) Maharashtra State Candidature Seats
(2) All India Candidature Seats
(3) Minority Quota Seats and
(5)(b)- Supernumerary Seats for Jammu and Kashmir Migrant Candidature- For these seats the candidates shall apply to the Competent Authority for admission through Centralised Admission Process(CAP).
|Sr. No||Activity||First Date||Last Date|
|1||Online registration of application for admission through computer connected to Internet on the website for Maharashtra State Candidature / All India Candidature .||
2nd week of July 2017
4th week of July 2017
|2||Documents verification, updating and confirmation of Application Form for Admission in person at Facilitation Center (FC).||
2nd week of June 2017
4th week of July 2017 Up to 5.00 pm
|3||Display of the provisional merit lists on website.||
up to 4th week of July 2017
|3||Submission of grievance, if any, at FC.||
4th week of July 2017
Last week of July 2017
Up to 5.00 pm
|5||Display of the final merit lists for all types of candidates on website.||
Up to Last week of July 2017
Institutional Quota Seats
For these seats the candidates shall first/initially apply to the Competent Authority, who shall prepare Merit List of all such applicants, to enable the institutions to give admissions to such applicants on the basis of inter-se merit, as specified by the appropriate authority.
(i) Candidates passing SSC and also HSC or Diploma in Engineering or Bachelor of Science Examination from a recognised institution in Maharashtra State
(ii) Candidate who is either Domicile of Maharashtra and/or is born in Maharashtra;
(1)For Engineering.- Candidates passing SSC or HSC and also Diploma in Engineering or Technology or Bachelor of Science or its equivalent from a
recognised institution in Maharashtra State
(2) for Pharmacy.- Candidates passing HSC and Diploma in Pharmacy from a recognised institution in Maharashtra State
(ii) Candidate who is either Domicile of Maharashtra and/or is born in Maharashtra.
Place of passing of Qualifying Examination falling within the jurisdiction of the respective University area.
- A Candidate who does not fall in above Eligibility, but who or whose Father or Mother is domiciled in the State of Maharashtra and possess Domicile Certificate.
- whose Father or Mother is an employee of the Government of India or Government of India Undertaking and who has been posted and reported to duty in Maharashtra State before the last date for submission of Application Form for CAP.
- For First Year-Candidates passing SSC and/or HSC Examination from a recognised institution located in a disputed Maharashtra-Karnataka Border Area and whose Mother tongue is Marathi.
- For Direct Second Year- Candidates passing SSC and/or HSC Examination and also Diploma in Engineering and Technology or Pharmacy or its equivalent from a recognised institution from a Disputed Maharashtra-Karnataka Border Area and whose Mother tongue is Marathi.
- The Candidates having Indian Nationality are eligible under this Category.
The Maharashtra domiciled Candidate belonging to a particular Linguistic or Religious Minority Community from within the State and as notified by the Government are eligible under this Category.
The Candidate who fulfill the conditions as defined in clause (n) of section 2 of the Act are eligible under this Category. 5(5) Foreign Student or OCI or PIO Candidature.-The Foreign Student Candidates, as defined in clause (i) of section 2 of the Act, the Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) candidate, as defined under clause (q) of rule-2 and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) as defined in clause (o) of Section 2 of the Act are eligible under this Category.
Jammu and Kashmir Migrant Candidature
(a) The children of citizens, who are displaced from Jammu and Kashmir to any part of India or from unsafe border area of Jammu and Kashmir to a
relatively safer place in Jammu and Kashmir from 1990 onwards due to terrorist activities; or
(b) The children of officers belonging to Indian Administrative Services (IAS) or Indian Police Services (IPS) or Indian Foreign Services (IFS) and children of staff belonging to military and paramilitary forces transferred to Jammu and Kashmir to combat terrorist activities and joined the post on or before the last date for submission of application for admission.
Maharashtra State Candidature Candidate.
(i) The Candidate should be an Indian National;
(ii) Passed HSC or its equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology or Technical or
Vocational subjects, and obtained at least 50% marks (at least 45% marks, in case of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only) in the above subjects taken together; Or
(ii) Passed Diploma in Engineering and Technology and obtained at least 50% marks (at least 45% marks, in case of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only); Or
ii) Passed B.Sc. Degree from a Recognised University as defined by UGC and obtained at least 50% marks (at least 45% marks, in case of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only)
(iii) Obtained score in MHT-CET 2016 conducted by the Competent Authority.
Admission to Mining Engineering course
- Female candidates are not eligible for admission to Mining Engineering course.
Sanctioned Intake and Supernumerary Seats for various Courses
The Sanctioned Intake for First Year Degree Course, Direct Second Year (Lateral entry) and Direct Second Year separate division Degree Courses
shall be as per the approval given by the authority which is competent for giving approval to respective courses and affiliation given by the respective affiliating University before cut-off date as laid down for that year.
- The supernumerary seats shall be available to the Institutions as approved by the appropriate authority, from time to time.
- Allocation of Seats.-The percentage of allocation of seats for various types of candidates in the Home University, Other than Home University and State Level shall be in accordance with the policy of the Government.
- Maharashtra State Candidature Seats
- All India Candidature Seats
- Minority Quota Seats
- Institutional Quota Seats
All the reservations are given below shall be applicable to candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only subject to the fulfilment of the eligibility criteria specified by respective authorities from time to time.
Reservation for Backward Class category Candidates:
The percentage of seats reserved for candidates of backward class categories belonging to Maharashtra State is as given below. The percentage of reservation is the percentages of the seats available for Maharashtra candidates, coming under the CAP. Backward class candidates shall claim the category to which they belong to at the time of submission of application form for CAP.
|Sr.No||Category of Reservation||Percentage of seats Reserved|
|01||Scheduled Castes and Schedule Caste converts to Buddhism (SC)||13.0 %|
|02||Schedule Tribes (ST)||7.0%|
|03||Vimukta Jati (VJ)/De Notified Tribes(DT) (NT-A)||3.0%|
|04||Nomadic Tribes 1 (NT-B)||2.5%|
|05||Nomadic Tribes 2 (NT-C)||3.5%|
|06||Nomadic Tribes 3 (NT-D)||2.0%|
|07||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||19.0%||Total||50.0%|
For First and Direct Second Year Engineering and Technology and Pharmacy and First Year Architecture: The eligible candidates are required to purchase the Application Kit from the nearest Facilitation Centre on payment in Cash as given below -
|Admission||General Category Candidates, Outside Maharashtra State Candidate and Children of Indian workers in Gulf Countries||Reserved Category candidates from Maharashtra State and Persons with Disability candidates from Maharashtra||Children of NRI / OCI / PIO, Foreign National|
|First Year Engineering and Technology (Only JEE Candidates)||Rs. 800/- (Online Payment Only)||Rs. 600/- (Online Payment Only)||Rs. 5,000/- (Online Payment Only)|
|First Year Architecture||Rs. 700/-||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 5,000/- (Online Payment Only)|
|Direct Second Year Engineering and Technology||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 400/-||Rs. 5,000/- (Online Payment Only)|
|Direct Second Year Pharmacy||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 400/-||Rs. 5,000/- (Online Payment Only)|
- The eligible candidates are required to purchase the Application Kit with Information Brochure from the nearest Facilitation Centre on payment in Cash as given below
- Rs. 500/- for General Category Candidates and outside MaharashtraState Candidate and Children of Indian workers in Gulf Countries.
- Rs. 400/- for Reserved Category candidates from Maharashtra State and Person with Disability Candidates from Maharashtra.
For First Year Engineering and Technology, Pharmacy, Pharm D., Hotel management & Catering Technology: All the aspiring candidates shall fill in the Online Application Form for admission through their login which is provided to them at the time of applying to the Common Entrance Test conducted for that course. For admissions to first year Engineering and Technology, the eligible candidates aspiring for admission on the basis of JEE (Main) Paper 1 (who could not register for MHT-CET 2017) should apply, by paying required fees, through CAP under All India Seats or to be eligible for
admission under Institutional Quota seats.
- The Application Kit is Non-Transferable and amount is Non-refundable.
- The candidate should read the information brochure carefully
- The candidate should fill the Online Application Form as per the notified schedule for respective admission
- The list of the Facilitation Centers shall be published on the website.
The Facilitation centre shall facilitate the candidate to fill the Online Application Form, scan and upload the required documents without any charges.
- The Candidates will also be able to fill in Online Application Form and upload the scanned copies of the required documents through any computer connected to the internet from home, cybercafé.
- Candidates are required to fill in all the details as per the instructions.
- After filling the information and submission of Application Form, the Candidates shall verify the data filled and correct it if required. The
the candidate shall take a printout of the form and sign it.
- The Printout of the form shall have the list of documents required to be produced by the candidate for substantiating his claim made in the application form.
- Candidate can edit/update the information in his application form before he confirms it at any of the Facilitation Centre.
Confirmation of Online Application Form and Document Verification at Facilitation Centre by the Candidate in person
(i) The Candidates shall report to any convenient Facilitation Centre in person along with signed printout of application form filled online and the required original documents for verification.
(ii) The Facilitation Centre In-charge shall verify the information from the original copies of required documents and collect the duly
(iii) The Facilitation Centre In-charge shall confirm candidate’s Application Form through the online system and issue the Receipt cum Acknowledgement of Application Form.
(iv) After confirmation of application form, information cannot be changed by the candidate.
Documents to be attached along with “Application Form for Centralized Admission Process
1. SSC (Std.X) mark sheet.
2. HSC/Diploma/B. Sc. mark sheet.
3. CET mark sheet of NATA for Architecture only.
4. School Leaving Certificate, if required to substantiate the claim.
5. Certificate of the Indian Nationality of the candidate.
6. For Second Year Engineering and Technology and Pharmacy : Equivalence Certificate from Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education,
Mumbai [www.msbte.com » Student » Equivalence (Other Board)] ( excluding Govt Autonomous Institutes in Maharashtra)
|Name||DIRECTORATE OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION, MAHARASHTRA STATE|
|Address||3, Mahapalika Marg, Opp. Metro Cinema, Dhobi Talao, Post Box No. 1967, Mumbai-400001|
Leave your comments for DTE Maharashtra Engineering Admission 2017comments powered by Disqus