Follow to get latest updates in your inbox as soon as they happen.
The Nomenclature of the qualification awarded by the National Board of Examinations is “Diplomate of National Board”. The list of recognised qualifications awarded by the Board in various Broad and Super specialities as approved by the Government of India and included in the First Schedule of IMC Act 1956. The Diplomate qualifications awarded by the National Board of Examinations are equated with the postgraduate and post doctorate degrees awarded by other Indian Universities for all purposes including appointment to teaching posts as lecturer/Assistant Professor by the Government of India, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare vide their notifications issued from time to time.
Candidates can get the full details of Diplomate National Board Centralized Entrance Test (DNB CET) Exam 2017 such as Important Dates, Application Form, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Cut off marks, Counselling and much more on this post.
DNB-CET is a qualifying-cum-ranking examination for entry to various Post Graduate courses including Direct 6 year course in the speciality of Plastic Surgery, Neuro-Surgery, Cardiothoracic Surgery and Pediatric Surgery.
|Exam Name:||Diplomate National Board Centralized Entrance Test|
|Conducting Institute:||National Board of Examinations (NBE), New Delhi|
|Commonly called as:||DNB CET|
|Exam Level:||National Level|
|Stream:||Medical Entrance Exam|
|Availability of Information Bulletin||4th week of April 2017|
|Online Registration & Scheduling for DNB-CET||Last week of May 2017|
|Examination Dates for DNB-CET||1st week of July 2017|
|Declaration of Results||1st week of August 2017|
|Cut off date for completing internship||Last week of July 2017|
- Candidates who are in possession of MBBS degree/Provisional Pass Certificate recognised as per the provisions of the Indian Medical Council Act
1956 and possess permanent / provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification issued by the Medical Council of India/ State Medical Council
and have completed one year of internship/likely to complete on or st before 31 July may apply for DNB-CET examination through the online application.
- Candidates found to be ineligible at any stage of DNB-CET will not be permitted to appear in the examination. In an unlikely event of any ineligible candidate appearing and/or being successful in the DNB-CET, the results/candidature of such candidate shall be cancelled and/or are
deemed to be cancelled.
- Candidates already pursuing a DNB course are not eligible to appear for the DNB-CET until such time they have completed the entire duration of the
prescribed course or have been discharged from the course. Candidates who have joined DNB- Broad Specialty course in or after January 2014 session are not eligible to appear in DNB-CET July 2016 admission session. This shall be irrespective of their resignation or discontinuation from the course due to any reason.
- Registration and /or appearance in DNB-CET do not confer any automatic rights upon the candidate for admission at NBE accredited hospital / institute.
- Registration with M.C.I./State Medical Council/ is necessary and its documentary proof has to be furnished at the time of counselling and on the
- A Candidate can register & appear for DNB-CET July 2016 only once for admission to DNB July 2016 session. Registration for CET, more than once
shall constitute unfair means and lead to disqualification and/or penal action.
At the time of counselling, Reservations as per rules at particular institution /medical college shall be provided for Scheduled Castes (SC),
Schedule Tribes (ST), Persons With Disabilities (PWD), Other Backward Classes (OBC).
|Examination Fee||Rs. 4500/-|
- The prescribed registration fee should be remitted through payment gateway provided using a Credit Card or a Debit Card issued by banks in India or through net banking. For more information, please visit the website www.cet.natboard.edu.in
- Candidates remaining absent from the examination will forfeit their examination fee. Candidates are advised to read the rule position carefully
and satisfy the terms and conditions for fulfilment of eligibility criteria before proceeding for payment of fees.
- Fees Shall Neither Be Refunded Nor Carried Forward If The Application For Dnb-Cet Is Rejected/Candidature Is Found To Be Ineligible.
Instructions For Online Registration
- The online Registration & Scheduling website for DNB-CET is available at www.cet.natboard.edu.in
- A candidate may note that there is no option for submitting the form other than the online mode.
- Candidates are advised to go through the registration guide before proceeding to complete their registration process. Once the candidate has completed his/her registration process, there will be no option to reschedule.
- Online registration must be completed by the prescribed cutoff date (see “Important Dates” section above). You will be able to print the
acknowledgement of submission of online application on successful completion of the online application. All fields marked * are mandatory.
- Applications of candidates producing false or fabricated information will not be considered and candidates may be further debarred from appearing in any future examinations
- Admit card issued to the candidate after online registration shall be treated as null and void in case the candidate does not fulfil the eligibility criteria.
The list of various cities where Examination centres are located is as under:
The Syllabus for the exam shall comprise of subjects / knowledge areas as per the Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued by Medical Council of India with prior approval of Government of India. An extract of the same is enclosed at Annexure C, kindly refer to MCI website www.mciindia.org for the complete document.
- DNB-CET is an entrance examination and is an essential pre-requisite for entry to DNB Broad Specialty and Post MBBS Direct 6 years super speciality
courses. The next session of entrance examination shall be held in June/July 2017 and conducted as computer-based exam only
- The exam comprises of 300 multiple choices, single correct response questions in English language only.
- Candidates successful in the DNB-CET shall be asked to participate in a Centralised merit-based counselling conducted by National Board of Examinations for allotment of DNB seats at NBE accredited Institutions / hospitals/medical colleges in order of their merit and candidate shall be
able to opt for the NBE accredited institution/hospital/medical college of their choice as per availability at their merit.
- The provisional list of National Board of Examinations accredited institutes where candidates can pursue DNB is available at NBE website
- The examination shall be a multiple choice questions exam delivered using computer network as per scheme prescribed.
- Kindly note that the weight of MCQ’s is indicative and purely provisional. NBE reserves its rights to alter /vary /amend the same.
- Negative Marking: There shall be no negative marking.
|Forenoon Session||Afternoon Session|
|Candidate Entry Time at Reporting Counter||9:00 AM||2:45 PM|
|Reporting Counter Entry Closes||9:30 AM||3:15 PM|
|Check-in Procedure||9:00 AM to 10:00 AM||2:45 PM TO 3:45 PM|
|Test Start Time||10:00 AM||3:45 PM|
|Test End Time||1:45 PM||7:30 PM|
- Kindly note that the applicant candidates shall be allocated to appear either in FORENOON session or in the AFTERNOON session i.e. the DNB-CET
comprises of ONE session/candidate only.
|SL. NO||SUBJECT||SUBJECT WISE WEIGHTAGE (OUT OF 300)|
|10||SPM, Statistics & Biomedical Research||24|
|13||Dermatology & STD||6|
|18||Obstetrics & Gynaecology||24|
Note: Kindly note that the aforementioned weightage of MCQs is indicative and purely provisional. NBE reserves its rights to alter /vary /amend the same.
Admit card download from DNB-CET website.
The candidate should verify all the information in the admit card. If any issue is found, then get it corrected with the concerned authority.
The candidates are required to carry the admit card to the examination hall. Without it, you will not be allowed to enter the examination hall. It is also very important to document for the further admission processes.
Candidates MUST bring to the test centre the following documents. Unfair means case shall be registered against the candidates submitting false/ forged documents:
1. Printed copy of the Admit Card with photo pasted on it. AND
2. Photocopy of the Permanent or Provisional SMC/MCI registration*, to
be retained by the test centre AND
3. Any one of the following authorised photo IDs** (must be original and non-expired):
• PAN Card
• Driving License
• Voter ID
• Aadhar Card (with photograph)
• Marriage Certificate
• Divorce Decree
• Legal Name Change Document
The examination test centre staff on duty is authorised to verify the identity of candidates and may take steps to verify and record the identity
of candidates. Candidates are required to extend requisite cooperation.
Candidates have who score more than cut off Marks would feature in the merit list. Candidates names included in the merit list will be called for counselling rounds. Candidates can check previous years cut off marks to get an idea of Cut off for the current year as cut-off will be declared after the declaration of Result.
The candidates are also advised to download the Rank Cards from the website after publication of results.
Candidates who obtain a minimum score as per category below shall be declared as “Qualified” in DNB CET and issued a PASS /QUALIFYING Certificate.
a. General Category – 50% score
b. SC/ST/OBC – 40% score
c. Persons with Disability – 45% score
- The validity of the result of the DNB-CET shall be only for the current admission session.
- Candidates who have qualified the Centralized Entrance Test (DNB CET) conducted by NBE in July 2017 and fulfill the eligibility criteria for admission to DNB Broad Specialty including Direct 6 Years courses at various NBE accredited Medical Colleges/Institutions/Hospitals in India shall participate in the counseling for allocation of seats purely on merit cum choice basis.
- Candidate pursuing any other Post Graduate Medical course can join a DNB seat only after he/she resigns from such course. Seat allotment letter to such a candidate shall be issued by NBE (within the admission calendar) only if the candidate has been relieved and discharged from the institution/college/hospital from where he/she is undergoing such post graduate medical course.
Eligibility: Candidates who have scored the merit position up to 6000 and fulfil the eligibility criteria for admission to the respective courses at various NBE accredited Medical Colleges /Institutions /Hospitals in India shall be eligible to participate in the counselling for allocation of seats purely on merit cum choice basis
Candidates participated in the 1st Round of counselling either in-person or through online (opt out) shall be eligible for participation in the 2nd
round of Counselling and also the Candidates who have scored the merit position from 6001 to 17000 and fulfil the eligibility criteria for admission
to the respective courses at various NBE accredited Medical Colleges /Institutions /Hospitals in India shall be eligible to participate in the counselling for allocation of seats purely on merit cum choice basis.
Candidates participated in the 2nd Round of counselling either in-person or through online (opt out) shall be eligible for participation in the
Extended 2nd round of Counseling and also the Candidates who have scored the merit position from 17001 to last qualified candidate and fulfill the eligibility criteria for admission to the respective courses at various NBE accredited Medical Colleges /Institutions /Hospitals in India shall be eligible to participate in the counseling for allocation of seats purely on merit cum choice basis.
Candidates participated in the Extended 2nd Round of counselling either in-person or through online mode (opt out) shall only be eligible for participation in the 3rd Round of Counseling in order of merit.
Candidates are required to deposit a counselling fee of Rs. 2500/- through demand draft is drawn in favour of National Board of Examinations, payable at New Delhi, on the day of counseling at counseling venue itself. Candidates are required to bring the above mentioned demand draft failing which they shall not be allowed to participate in the counseling.
National Board Of Examinations (NBE)
Mahatma Gandhi Marg (Ring Road)
Candidate Helpline: 1800 11 1700 (Toll Free) or
0124-6771700 (Monday to Friday: 0900 Hrs to 1700 Hrs)