Dibrugarh University invites applications for admissions to Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) for the academic year 2016- 17.
Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) is conducted by Dibrugarh University.
The B.Ed Program of Dibrugarh University is recognized by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE). At present the B.Ed Program is offered by the following institutions affiliated to recognize by Dibrugarh University:
(1) Dept. of Education, Dibrugarh University
(2) Govt. Post Graduate Training College, Jorhat
(3) Lakhimpur P.G.T. College, Lakhimpur
(4) College of Teacher Education, Tinsukia
(5) KBM College of Teacher Education, Jorhat
(6) College of Teacher Education, Golaghat
(7) Namrup College of Teacher Education, Namrup
(8) Dhemaji PGT College, Dhemaji
(9) Bihpuria Post Graduate Training College, Bihpuria
(10) Digboi B.Ed. College, Digboi
(11) Parijat Academy Teacher Education Institution, Dibrugarh
(12) College of Teacher Education, Dhakuakhana
(13) Sibsagar College of Teachers’ Education, Joysagar
(14.) DIET, Lakhimpur, Azad [subject to formal approval from the NCTE]
Interested candidates should fulfill following eligibility criteria:
- Candidate with at least 50% marks (in Aggregate) either in the Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences/ Social Sciences/Humanities; OR Bachelor’s in Engg/Technology of Dibrugarh University, or any other University recognized by Dibrugarh University with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto, are eligible.
- A candidate securing 50% marks or more in the Honours/Major subject but less than 50% in aggregate in all the courses/papers of the Bachelor’s degree will not be eligible for admission to B.Ed Program, as the requirement is 50% marks in the aggregate.
- Relaxation: In the eligibility criteria, a relaxation of 5% in the qualifying marks shall be provided to the candidates: (a) belonging to the SC/ ST/OBC/MOBC/ PWD categories or (b) having a minimum of 5 (five) years teaching experience in a school recognized at least up to the 10th standard by the Board of Secondary Education, Assam.
a) 85% of the total number of seats shall be reserved for the students who passed the qualifying exam from the institutions affiliated to Dibrugarh University.
b) There will be statutory reservation under various categories as follows:
SC - 07%; ST (P) - 10%; ST (H) - 05%; OBC/MOBC - 15%; Physically challenged - 03% (those who are very negligibly disabled by visual deficiency and the like shall not be eligible for consideration under this category).
Application form can be downloaded from official website of Dibrugarh University: www.dibru.ac.in
- Deposit the Entrance Fee of Rs.500/- of B.Ed CET-2016 at any branch of the Punjab National Bank or State Bank of India using the prescribed Bank Challan available with the Application Form.
- Candidates willing to deposit the Fee at any Branch of the State Bank of India shall have to pay an additional amount of Rs.60/- as bank charge, which is not required if the Fee is deposited at any Branch of the Punjab National Bank.
- The Applications sent by post shall have to reach at the following address latest by 23rd May 2016 - Office of the Deputy Registrar (Academic) & Member Secretary, B.Ed CET Cell-2016 Dibrugarh University Dibrugarh, Assam-786004.
Application fee is 500/- only.
Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Important dates section aims to list all important dates such as date of availability of form, last submission date, result date, counselling date, etc.
For more details please contact
Leave your comments for Dibrugarh University invites applications for BEd Admission 2016comments powered by Disqus
Stay connected with us on