Follow to get latest updates in your inbox as soon as they happen.
The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) conducts the CSIR UGC NET for other Science subjects, namely, Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences and Earth Atmospheric Ocean & Planetary Sciences jointly with the UGC. The tests are conducted twice in a year generally in the months of June and December. For candidates who desire to pursue research, the Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) is available for five years subject to fulfilment of certain conditions. UGC has allocated a number of fellowships to the universities for the candidates who qualify the test for JRF. The JRFs are awarded to the meritorious candidates from among the candidates qualifying for eligibility for lectureship in the NET. JRFs are available only to the candidates who opt for it in their application forms.
Candidates can get the full details of CSIR UGC NET Exam 2016 such as Application Form, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Important Dates, Cut off marks, Counselling, download CET Scorecard rank list and much more on this post.
A candidate may apply either for ‘JRF’ OR for ‘Lectureship (LS) only’ He/she may indicate his/her preference in the Online Application, as the case may be. CSIR may consider candidates for ‘JRF’, or ‘Lectureship only” depending on number of fellowships available & performance in the test, subject to the condition that they fulfil the laid down eligibility criterion. If a candidate is found to be over-age for JRF (NET) he/she will automatically be considered for Lectureship (NET) only. Candidates with M.Sc. qualification OR under M.Sc. Result Awaited (RA) category only shall be eligible for LS subject to fulfilling the eligibility criteria as laid down by the UGC.
|Exam Name:||CSIR UGC National Eligibility Test (NET)|
|Conducting Institute:||Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)|
|Commonly called as:||CSIR UGC NET|
|Exam Level:||National Level|
|Date of Start for Online Submission||16th August 2016|
|Date of Close of Online Submission||9th September 2016|
|Last Date of Receipt of Duly Completed Hard Copy of Online Application Forms||16th September 2016|
|Last Date of Receipt of Duly Completed Hard Copy of Online Application Forms(From Remote Areas):||23rd September 2016|
|Last Date for receipt of written request for change of Examination Centre only on merit basis||14th October 2016|
|Tentative date of Publication of list of candidates registered for test on CSIR, HRDG website||15th November 2016|
|Last date for accepting representation about non-registration for this test||22nd November 2016|
|Issue of e-Admission Certificate to registered candidates||1st week of Dec.,2016|
|CSIR UGC NET Exam Date||18th December 2016|
- M. Sc or equivalent degree/ Integrated BS-MS/BS-4 years/BE/BTech/BPharma/MBBS with at least 55% marks for general and OBC-Non Creamy layer candidates (Central list only as provided in National Commission for Backward Classes website www.ncbc.nic.in) and 50% for SC/ST, physically and Visually Handicapped candidates.
- Candidates enrolled for M.Sc or having completed 10+2+3 years of the above qualifying examination as on the closing date of online submission of application form, are also eligible to apply in the above subject under the Result Awaited (RA) category on the condition that they complete the qualifying degree with requisite percentage of marks within the validity period of two years to avail the fellowship from the effective date of award of fellowship.
- Such candidates will have to submit the attestation format (Given at the reverse of the application form) duly certified by the Head of Institute/Dean/Head of Department from where the candidate is appearing or has appeared. BSc (Hons) or equivalent degree holders or students enrolled in Integrated MS-PhD program with at least 55% marks for general and OBC (Non-Creamy layer) candidates; 50% marks for SC/ST, physically and visually
handicapped candidates are also eligible to apply. Candidates with bachelor’s degree will be eligible for CSIR fellowship only after getting registered/enrolled for PhD/Integrated PhD program within the validity period of two years.
- The eligibility for lectureship of NET qualified candidates will be subject to fulfilling the criteria laid down by UGC. PhD degree holders who have passed Master’s degree prior to 19th September 1991, with at least 50% marks are eligible to apply for Lectureship only.
- The candidates with the above qualification are advised to fill up their degree with percentage of marks in column No. 18 to 21, as applicable.
Age Limit& Relaxation:
For JRF (NET): Maximum 28 years as on 01-07-2016 (upper age limit may be relaxed up to 5 years in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC(non creamy layer)/ Physically handicapped/Visually handicapped and female applicants).
For LS (NET): No upper age limit
Candidates applying for the Test may deposit their Examination fee, after verifying their eligibility, in any branch of the Indian Bank throughout the country by paying the following fee in cash through bank challan to be downloaded from the CSIR website OR through NEFT from any other Bank branch. The journal number or the UTR number given by the Bank is to be filled in the payment details while submitting the application form:
|2.||Other Backward Classes(OBC)-Non Creamy Layer||Rs. 500/-|
|3.||SC/ST/Physically Handicapped (PH) or Visually Handicapped (VH )||Rs. 250/-|
- Interested & eligible candidates may apply Online through a link available at CSIR, HRDG website.
- In order to apply Online, the candidates are required to download Bank challan Performa from the above website and then deposit the requisite examination fee in any of the Indian Bank branches throughout the country or through NEFT.
- Before applying Online, candidates are advised to go through detailed notification available at CSIR, HRDG website.
- Candidates must write their name, father/mother's name as written in their Matriculation (Xth Class Board) Certificate and should ensure that the same are matching with their educational qualification certificates and caste certificate except for married females who may submit a relevant certificate regarding change of their name while filling their online application form.
- After filling the online application, candidates should preview their entire application form and make changes if required before final submission of online application. No change in the particulars entered in the application form will be possible after final submission of online application and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
- After successful submission of ONLINE Application, a Form Number will be generated. Preserve the Form Number for future reference and for downloading your e-Admit Card. Keep a print out of the duly filled-in application form for future use.
NOTE: Candidates, after successfully submitting application online are required to take printout of the Application Form, paste his/her recent black & white photograph, put his/her signature at the required space, attach caste certificate, if applicable and send along with CSIR marked copy of fee deposited Bank Challan in an envelope super scribed with Subject Code, Centre Code & Medium Code to The Deputy Secretary (Exam), Human Resource Development Group, Examination Unit, CSIR Complex, Library Avenue, Pusa, New Delhi-110012 so as to reach on or before16.09.2016 (23.09.2016 for remote areas).
- The hard copy of the online application form, duly completed with requisite enclosure should be sent by Ordinary post to the Deputy Secretary (Exam), Examination Unit, Human Resource Development Group, CSIR Complex, Opposite Institute of Hotel Management, Library Avenue, Pusa, New Delhi 110012 so as to reach Examination Unit CSIR on or before 16.09.2016
- For candidates applying from Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Ladakh Division of J&K State, Lahaul and Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Lakshdweep, the application form must reach to the Deputy Secretary, Examination Unit, CSIR on or before 23.09.2016.
- The candidates are advised in their own interest to apply early enough to ensure timely receipt of their applications by the Examination Unit on or before the closing date. CSIR shall not be responsible for any postal delay/loss in transit of the application.
The test will be held at 27 Centres spread all over India, as specified below
A candidate may opt for any of the above centres. No request for change of centre would ordinarily be granted.
The question paper shall be divided into three parts, (A, B & C) as per syllabus & Scheme of Exam
Part 'A' shall be common to all subjects. This part shall contain questions pertaining to General Aptitude with emphasis on logical reasoning, graphical analysis, analytical and numerical ability, quantitative comparison,series formation, puzzles etc.
Part 'B' shall contain subject-related conventional Multiple Choice questions (MCQs), generally covering the topics given in the syllabus.
Part 'C' shall contain higher value questions that may test the candidate's knowledge of scientific concepts and/or application of the scientific concepts. The questions shall be of analytical nature where a candidate is expected to apply the scientific knowledge to arrive at the solution to the given scientific problem.
Syllabus & Scheme of Exam of single MCQ Paper may be seen at CSIR website: www.csirhrdg.res.in.
The Test will be held in the subjects as given under:
|(i) Life Sciences||40|
|(ii) Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences||40|
|(iii) Mathematical Sciences||40|
|(iv) Chemical Sciences||40|
|(v) Physical Sciences||40|
|Morning Session||9.00AM-12.00 Noon||3 hrs|
|Afternoon Session||2.00 PM-5.00 PM||3 hrs|
Candidates should use only black ball point pen and not pencil to fill in their particulars in the OMR Answer Sheet/Question Paper Booklet and also to darken the appropriate circle to mark their answers in their OMR answer sheet. Candidates are not permitted to erase, scratch out or use whitener fluid/eraser fluid to change their answer in the OMR sheet as the answer sheet are machine gradable and it may lead to wrong evaluation. Also, if the response is marked in any other manner except the 'correct method' may lead to wrong evaluation.
Admit card download from CSIR website.
The candidate should also download hall ticket from CSIR official website.
The candidate should verify all the information in the admit card. If any issue is found, then get it corrected with the concerned authority.
The candidates are required to carry the admit card to the examination hall. Without it, you will not be allowed to enter the examination hall. It is also very important to document for the further admission processes.
Candidates have who score more than cut off Marks would feature in the merit list. Candidates names included in the merit list will be called for counselling rounds. Candidates can check previous years cut off marks to get an idea of Cut off for the current year as cut-off will be declared after the declaration of Result.
The candidates are also advised to download the CSIR UGC NET Results / Rank Cards from the website after publication of results. Click here for CSIR UGC NET Result