Follow to get latest updates in your inbox as soon as they happen.
CG PET is known as the Chhattisgarh Pre Engineering Test. The CGPET is a state level entrance exam conduct for the admission in the engineering colleges in Chhattisgarh state. The exam is conducted by the Chhattisgarh Professional Examination Board. The exam is conducted for admission in various courses in engineering colleges in Chhattisgarh state. The various courses which the CG-PET provides are undergraduate engineering courses, post graduate engineering courses and diploma courses. It is conducted to screen candidates for admissions in various undergraduate engineering courses offered by various government and private colleges of Chhattisgarh state.
The important dates of Chhattisgarh PET 2017 are as given in the table below:
|Information brochure was released on||Fourth week of March 2017|
|Online CG PET application form released on||Fourth week of March 2017|
|The last date to submit the application form||Second week of April 2017|
|The last date to avail SBI challan||Second week of April 2017|
|The last date to make payment via SBI challan||Second week of April 2017|
|The issuance of the admit card will start on||Third week of April 2017|
|The CG PET 2017 will be held on
(from 9:00 am to 12:15 pm)
|Fourth week of April 2017|
|Result was announced on||Second week of May 2017|
- Candidate should at least be 17 years old at the time of applying for CG PET 2017 and should not be more than 30 years. Relaxation on age limit will be as per the norms of CG PET.
- Candidates should have secured at least 45% marks in the qualifying exam. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are mandatory subjects in qualifying exam. For SC, ST and OBC candidates, the aggregate in the qualifying exam should not be less than 40%. Candidate must have written the qualifying exam from a recognized Institute.
- Candidate must be a permanent resident of Chhattisgarh. He/ she should have a domicile or any other document to proof their residency.
In CG PET seats are reserved for candidates belonging to various categories. Reservation of seat will be as below.
|For Schedule Caste Candidates||12%|
|For Schedule Tribes||32%|
|OBC candidates who are from Non-Creamy Layer||14%|
|For General category candidates.||Rest 42%|
Candidates can fill the online application form of CG PET 2017 after ensuring that they are eligible for the programs. Enter correct and verifiable data in the CG PET PPHT Application form including name, gender, domicile, category, contact information, upload images. Then pay requisite application fee depending upon number of exams applying form, and category. Simple steps to apply online for CG PET 2017 is anticipated to be as follows.
NOTE: In the month of March, application form of CG PET 2017 was released.
- Go to the official website of Chhattisgarh Professional Examination Board CGVyapam and navigate to the application form link.
- Register for the exam by entering details asked in the application form of CG PET 2017 and CG PPHT 2017. Enter all the information very carefully avoiding mistakes.
- Upload images of photograph and signature, as asked in the form.
- Check the application fee that is applicable for your category (General / OBC / SC / ST / PD) and number of exams applying for (PPT or PPHT or both). Pay the fee to complete CG PET 2017 application form submission.
- After filling all the details in the application form, candidates can move towards the fees payment, candidates can pay their fees either through online mode by using their debit/credit card or they can also pay their fees by net banking option. Fees can also be paid offline via challan that must be submitted in the branches of SBI or ICICI. Fee is 200/- for general candidates, 150/- for OBCs and 100/- for SC/ST candidates.
|For General Candidates||200/-|
|For OBC Candidates||150/-|
|For SC/ST Candidates.||100/-|
CG PET 2017 will be a 3 hours exam in which marks will be deducted for the wrong answer. In total, there are 150 questions in the test paper . All the questions in the exam will be cover the concepts of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Candidates should know the exam pattern before starting their preparation so that they can understand the marking scheme, type of question, sections, level of difficulty. This will help them in securing better marks.
|Subject||Number of questions||Marks|
CG PET admit card has been issued in the online mode. Candidates will be able to download it from the official website of CG PET. Applicants can download the admit card to know the details of their exam center and roll number.
In any case, candidates will not receive the admit card through post or any other medium. Candidates will not be allowed to write CG PET 2017, if they fail to produce their admit card. Candidates should secure it carefully till the end of the admission process as it may be required anytime.
The CG PET Result was release on 2nd week of May 2017 . Candidates may check it from the link which has been provided below. The link will direct candidates to the result portal, where they will have to enter their hall ticket number. On submitting the hall ticket number correctly, CG PET 2017 result will be displayed.
Click here to check the results
CG PET Participating Institutes are the colleges that will accept candidates for admissions to engineering degree courses on the basis of their scores in the Chhattisgarh Pre Engineering Test (CG PET). Currently, there are around 49 participant colleges that accept the CG PET scores. The official list of the CG PET Participating Institutes will be released by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Chhattisgarh shortly. Candidates are advised to review the list of the participant colleges/institutes so that can they compare the various universities and colleges and determine their options well before the counselling process. For detailed information regarding the CG PET Participating Institutes, candidates can check below.
Directorate Of Technical Education, Chhattisgarh
HOD Building, Block-3, 3rd & 4th Floor, Indravati Bhawan,
Naya Raipur (Chhattisgarh), India, Pin - 492002
Phone :- +91-0771-2221376
Fax No :- +91-0771-2331331
Website :- www.cgdteraipur.ac.in