Centre for Economic and Social Studies (CESS), Hyderabad invites applications for admissions to PhD in Development Studies for the academic year 2016- 17.
PhD in Development Studies admission is conducted by Centre for Economic and Social Studies (CESS), Hyderabad
The program is offered in the following subjects:
2) Sociology/Anthropology/Social Work
4) Public Administration/Political Science
5) Statistics (with specialization in Econometrics)
6) Commerce & Business Management (Related to Research Areas of CESS)
Interested candidates should fulfill following eligibility criteria:
- Candidates holding M.Phil Degree in the subject concerned from any recognized university, candidates qualified in UGC test or any other National level test for JRF, ICSSR Fellowship holders, Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship holders, candidates qualified in UGC-NET, State Eligibility Test (SET) and UGC-FIP candidates are eligible to apply [Refer the Guidelines for Detailed Eligibility Criteria]
Application form can be downloaded from official website of Centre for Economic and Social Studies (CESS), Hyderabad: www.cess.ac.in
- Application Forms can be obtained from the office of the CESS on Payment of Rs.100/- either in Cash or Demand Draft drawn in favour of "Director CESS" in any nationalized bank form 10.00 am to 05.00 pm during working days.
- The filled in application forms along with Research Proposal and the registration fee (Rs.500/- for applications directly obtained from CESS and Rs.600/- in case of downloaded applications) by Cash or DD drawn in favour of “Director CESS” Payable at Hyderabad should reach the Dean, Division of Graduate Studies, Centre for Economic and Social Studies, Begumpet, Hyderabad-500016 on or before 05.00 PM on Thursday, the 30th June 2016.
Application Forms can be obtained from the office of the CESS on Payment of Rs.100/- and registration feeis 500/- only.
PhD in Development Studies Important dates section aims to list all important dates such as date of availability of form, last submission date, result date, counselling date, etc.
a) Preliminary Screening of Application: Preliminary Screening is done based on fulfillment of eligibility criterion and the quality of the research proposal submitted with the application
b) Interview: All the eligible candidates will be called for an Interview and the candidates will be selected for admission into the Ph.D. on the basis of performance in the interview
For more details please contact
Centre for Economic and Social Studies (CESS), Hyderabad
Nizamiah Observatory Campus,
Tel.: 040-2340278, 23416780
Leave your comments for CESS Hyderabad announces PhD in Development Studies Admission 2016comments powered by Disqus
Stay connected with us on