University of Calcutta invites applications for admissions to PhD in Genetics and Plant Breeding for the academic year 2016- 17.
PhD in Genetics and Plant Breeding admission is conducted by University of Calcutta.
Interested candidates should fulfill following eligibility criteria:
- M.Sc (Agriculture) in Genetics & Plant Breeding with at least 50% Marks obtained in (or allied disciplines subject to endorsement by the concerned PhD Committee) from any UGC recognized University are eligible to appear in the Examination. Those who have qualified in NET/GATE/SLET or already obtained M.Phil degree would be exempted from the RET exam
Application form can be downloaded from official website of University of Calcutta: www.caluniv.ac.in
- Candidates are required to submit duly filled in application form along with a challan, against the payment, is to be endorsed by the Head of Department (HOD).
- The application should be sent to Head, Department of Genetics and Plant Breeding, Institute of Agricultural Science, Calcutta University.
Application fee is Rs.100/- either by cash or DD through duly filled in C.U. Challan, endorsed by the Head of the Department.
PhD in Genetics and Plant Breeding Important dates section aims to list all important dates such as date of availability of form, last submission date, result date, counselling date, etc.
- The candidates will be selected on the basis of Research Eligibility Test (RET) and interview by the university. RET will be of 50 marks and contain multiple choice questions or short answer type that should be completed in 1 hour.
- An interview will be for RET qualified as well as NET/GATE/SLET qualified candidates. A seminar of 10 minutes duration is to be given on work plan for each candidate.
- The qualifying marks will be 40% of the total marks separately in each exam.
For more details please contact
University of Calcutta, Kolkata
Head of Department of Genetics and Plant Breeding,
Institute of Agricultural Science,
University of Calcutta,
35, B.C. Road,
Leave your comments for Calcutta University announces PhD in Genetics and Plant Breeding Admission 2016comments powered by Disqus
Stay connected with us on