Follow to get latest updates in your inbox as soon as they happen.
In pursuance of Regulation 22 of the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988, the Council of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of lndia is pleased to notify that the Common Proficiency Test will be held on Sunday, 18th December, 2016 in two sessions as below, at the following centres provided that sufficient number of candidates offer themselves to appear from each centre. CPT is held twice in a year i.e., in June & December. A student has to follow the examination notification issued by the Examination Department of the ICAI and apply in the prescribed form alongwith the examination fee. The Examination Department will announce the examination centres in India and abroad in the notification and issues admit card.
Candidates can get the full details of CPT Exam 2017 such as Application Form, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Important Dates and much more on this post.
Common Proficiency Course (CPC) registration is valid for 3 years. CPC students should have valid registration before applying for relevant CPT. Revalidation of registration shall be done for further period of 3 years before expiry of initial registration. A student through CPT route can become a Chartered Accountant approximately in 4 years, if he/she passes all eligible examinations in first attempt.
|Exam Name:||Common Proficiency Test (CPT)|
|Conducting Institute:||The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), New Delhi|
|Commonly called as:||CPT|
|Exam Level:||National Level|
|Stream:||CA Entrance Exam|
|Submitting the filled in application form start from|
|Last date of Submitting Application form||27th October, 2016|
|Common Proficiency Test (CPT) Exam Date||Sunday, 18th December, 2016|
|First Session (i.e. Morning Session)||10.30 AM to:12.30 PM (IST)
Section - A Fundamentals of Accounting
Section - B Mercantile Laws
|Second Session (i.e. Afternoon Session)||2.00 PM to 4.00 PM (IST)
Section - C General Economics
Section - D Quantitative Aptitude
- A person can register for CPT after completing Grade 10 and take the exam after completing High School (Grade 12).
- The aforesaid Common Proficiency Test (CPT) is open only to students registered with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India for the Common Proficiency Course on or before 1st October, 2015 and fulfill the requisite eligibility conditions.
- A registered student may appear in Common Proficiency Test (CPT) after he has appeared in the Senior Secondary Examination (10+2 examination) conducted by an examining body constituted by law in India or an examination recognised by the Central Government as equivalent thereto and
has complied with such requirements as may be specified by the Council from time to time.
- A student who registers to CPT course on or before 1st April will be eligible to appear in June CPT examination and student who registers on or before 1st October will be eligible to appear in December CPT examination on completion of specified period of 60 days upto the first day of the
month in which examination is to be held.
- Further, a registered student is entitled to appear in Common Proficiency Test (CPT) after he has appeared in the Senior Secondary Examination (10+2 examination) conducted by an examining body constituted by law in India or an examination recognised by the Central Government as equivalent thereto and has complied with such requirements as may be specified by the Council from time to time. A list of examinations which are treated as equivalent to Senior Secondary Examination is given above.
|Application fee is||Rs. 1500/- (Rs.500/- towards examination fee and 1000/- towards cost of application form and lnformation brochure)|
|Application fee for Abu Dhabi, Doha, Dubai and Muscat centres||US $170|
|Application fee for Kathmandu centre||Rs. 1850/-|
Applications for admission to Common Proficiency Test is required to be made in the relevant prescribed form as contained in the Information Brochure, which may be obtained from the Deputy Secretary (Examinations), The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ICAI Bhawan, Indraprastha Marg, New Delhi – 110002. on payment of Rs.1500/- (Rs. 500/- towards examination fee and Rs.1000/- towards cost of application form and lnformation brochure) per application form. The fee for candidates opting for Abu Dhabi, Doha, Dubai and Muscat centres will be US $170 (US $ 150 towards examination fee and US $ 20 towards cost of application form and information brochure) or its equivalent Indian Currency. The fee for the candidates opting for Kathmandu centre are required to remit INR.1850/- (INR 850/-towards examination fee and INR 1000/- towards the cost of application form and information brochure) or its equivalent foreign Since the cost of Information brochure containing Common Proficiency Test application form includes examination fee, no separate fee is required to be remitted at the time of submitting the filled in application form. The lnformation brochure containing Comrion Proficiency Test application form will also be available in the Regional and Branch Offices of the lnstitute and can be obtained there from on cash payment on or from 6th October, 2016.
Common Proficiency Test application forms duly filled in may be sent so as to reach the Deputy Secretary (Examinations) at New Delhi not later than 27th October, 2016. Applications received after 27th October, 2016 shall not be entertained under any circumstances. Applications duly filled in will be received by hand delivery at the office of lnstitute at New Delhi and at the Decentralised Offices of the lnstitute at Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Kanpur, Delhi, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Ernakulam, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Nagpur, Pune, Surat, Thane and Vadodara upto 27th October, 2016. Candidates residing in these cities are advised to take advantage of this facility. It may be noted that there is no provision for acceptance of application forms after 27th October, 2016 with late fee.
The candidates who fill up the examination application form online at www.icaiexam.icai.or from 6th October, 2016 (10.00 hrs) to 27th October, 2016 (17.30 hrs) and remit the fee online by using either VISA or MASTER Credit / Debit Card shall not be charged P 10001- (i.e. cost of application form fee).
- Go to http://www.icai.org/cptform.html.
- Enter the following details.
- Date of Birth
- Parents’ Names
- Address for communication
- Medium of Study
- Details of Educational Qualifications
- Annual income of parents
- If already student of Professional Education, provide unique registration code.
- Make payment via credit / debit card.
- Submit the form.
The following documents to be enclosed along with the CPC Registration form:
(1) Demand Draft towards registration and other fees.
(2) Attested copy of Date of Birth and 10th pass Marks Statement.
(3) Attested copy of proof of Nationality, if student is foreigner.
(4) Attested copy of proof of special category certificate i.e. SC/ST, OBC and Differently abled.
CPC Registration form to be submitted to the Regional Office in consonance with the address of the student.
List of cities where CPT will be conducted in December 2016.
PLACES OF EXAMINATION CENTRES IN INDIA:
PLACES OF EXAMINATION CENTRES OVERSEAS:
(I) ABU DHABl (2) DOHA (3) DUBAl (4) KATHMANDU (5) MUSCAT
The Board of Studies provides a comprehensive reading material including large question bank. In addition, Volume I & II of the Model Test Papers are also being supplied to the students with study materials. The Board of Studies organizes classroom lectures through Regional Councils and Branches of the ICAI and accredited institutions. A list of such institutions which are conducting oral coaching classes for CPT is available on the Institute’s website www.icai.org.
- Common Proficiency Test is an objective type multiple choice questions based examination.
- Candidates will be allowed to opt for Hindi medium Question Paper Booklet for answering the questions.
- It is an objective test of four subjects i.e. Accounting, Mercantile Laws, General Economics and Quantitative Aptitude.
- The test is divided into two sessions of two hours each conducted for 200 marks.
- Detailed information will be found given in the Information brochure
- The qualifying mark is 50%. A student has to remember that CPT is an objective type test with a negative marking for selecting wrong option which will be indicated in the question paper. ¼ (One Fourth) mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Admit card download from university website.
The candidate should also dowload ehall ticket from University official website.
The candidate should verify all the information in the admit card. If any issue is found, then get it corrected with the concerned authority.
The candidates are required to carry the admit card to the examination hall. Without it, you will not be allowed to enter the examination hall. It is also very important to document for the further admission processes.
Candidates have who score more than cut off Marks would feature in the merit list. Candidates names included in the merit list will be called for counselling rounds. Candidates can check previous years cut off marks to get an idea of Cut off for the current year as cut off will be declared after the declaration of Result.
Accordingly, the minimum marks required in each section and in the aggregate in all sections of CPT as per the revised passing requirements is as under:-
|Section||Subjects||Maximum Marks||Minimum marks|
|A||Fundamentals of Accounting||60||18|
*A candidate is required to secure a minimum of 30 per cent marks in each Section and a minimum of 50 per cent marks in aggregate in all the four Sections to pass the Common Proficiency Test.
The candidates are also advised to download the Rank Cards from the website after publication of results.
For more details please contact
The Deputy Secretary (Exams)
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
New Delhi 110 002