Follow to get latest updates in your inbox as soon as they happen.
Banaras Hindu University (BHU) Ayurveda PG Entrance Test counduct for admission (MD (Ay)) / Ayurveda Dhanwantari (MS (Ay)) in Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi.
Candidates can get the full details of BHU APGET Exam 2017 such as Application Form, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Important Dates and much more on this post.
|Exam Name:||Banaras Hindu University Ayurveda PG Entrance Test|
|Conducting Institute:||Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi|
|Commonly called as:||BHU APGET|
|Exam Level:||University Level|
|Stream:||Ayurveda Entrance Exam|
|Date of availability of application form||5th of April 2016|
|Last date of receipt of completed application||30th of May, 2016|
|Date, day and time of entrance examination||Sunday, 28th of August, 2016|
|Date of display of answer key on website||30th of August, 2016|
|Final Key||15th of September, 2016|
|Date of announcement of result||19th of September, 2016|
- The candidate holding B.A.M.S. or equivalent degree recognized by BHU and CCIM (Central Council of Indian Medicine).
- The candidate must have completed minimum 12 months Internship ( 4 ½ years B.A.M.S. Course) / 6 months Internship (5 years BAMS Course) by the stipulated time after passing the final professional / Final year examination.
- The maximum age limit for the General and OBC candidates will be 35 years on 31st july, of the specified year. (relaxed up to 5 years in case of SC/ST candidates).
- No maximum age limit for the sponsored candidates.
- In case of the foreign nationals the degree must have approval of the CCIM or MCI as equivalent to the corresponding examination of admission.
- Temporary registration as medical practitioner of foreign nationals is essential. CCIM or MCI should approve their registration valid for study period.
- The candidates who have already obtained Ayurveda Vachaspati [MD (Ay)]/Ayurveda Dhanwantari [MS (Ay)] degree from any institution are not be eligible to appear in the Entrance Test.
- 5% supernumerary seats are reserved for foreign nationals subject to maximum of two.
- One seat in each PG Discipline will be available under the supernumerary category.
- Sponsored category: Candidates working in government, Quasi government institution or government Ayurvedic Colleges recognized by the CCIM will be considered under sponsored category.
- Supernumerary categories: Sponsored, foreign nationals and the candidates with MBBS degree will be treated under supernumerary category.
- Physically Challenged (PC): Reservation for orthopedically disabled candidates would be as per government of India (MCI) regulations.
Application Form for this Medical Entrance Exam can be downloaded from BHU website Click here
- Application Form can also be obtained from the office of the Director, Institute of Medical Sciences, BHU, Varanasi on submission of a Demand Draft of Rs.1600(Rs.1000in case of SC/ST) in favour of the Director, Institute of Medical Sciences, payable at Varanasi along with two self addressed slips (06 X 10cm) by Post on or before April.
- Application Form can also be obtained on cash payment of requisite fee at counter of office of the Director, Institute of Medical Sciences, BHU, Varanasi or submission of a Demand Draft in favour of the Director, Institute of Medical Sciences, payable at Varanasi, between February-April.
- The application form completed in all respects including photographs and attested thumb impression should reach the office of the Director, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi-221005 on or before the specified time. by 5.00 PM.
- The envelope containing the application should be superscribed “Application For Ayurveda Vachaspati [MD (Ay)] / Ayurveda Dhanwantari [MS (Ay)] Course”.
- Advance photocopy, Fax or E-Mail copies of the application will not be accepted.
- Duly completed application must be accompanied with a Demand Draft of Rs.1200 (Rs.900 for Sc and ST) drawn on a nationalized bank and payable at Varanasi in favour of Director, IMS, BHU.
- Fee paid for Entrance Test is not refundable / transferable or reserved for future.
- Foreign Nationals should submit their application with all necessary documents including recent duly attested passport size photograph, citizenship certificate, Student Visa for the full duration of the course routed through the respective Embassy/Indian Council for Cultural Relation/Ministry of External Affairs (in case of self financing candidates), Govt. of India, New Delhi to reach office of the Director, IMS, BHU latest in July (date mentioned in the respective years form).
- They should fulfil the requirements and all requisitions including AIDS free medical certificate formulated by the Govt. of India from time to time at the time of application.
- Foreign Nationals are exempted from entrance test.
Application form fee is 1600/-
The Examination is conducted only in the campus of BHU, Varanasi.
BHU Ayurveda PG Entrance Test will consists of question from the relevant subjects studied at Graduation level.
- There shall be one paper consisting 180 multiple choice questions from all the specialities including modern counterpart of Ayurvedic specialities. The duration of test will be 2½ hrs.
- There will be a separate paper for M.B.B.S. graduate.
- 3 marks will be awarded for every correct answer and one (1) mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- The qualifying marks are 50 percentage of aggregate for general, OBC, sponsored and M.B.B.S. category (40% in case of SC/ST candidates).
- No Scrutiny/Revaluation of the answer book of the entrance test shall be allowed on any ground.
The candidate should verify all the information in the admit card. If any issue is found, then get it corrected with the concerned authority.
The candidates are required to carry the admit card to the examination hall. Without it, you will not be allowed to enter the examination hall. It is also very important to document for the further admission processes.
The candidates are also advised to download the Rank Cards from the website after publication of results.
The candidates will be selected for admission based on merit in the written entrance test. Separate merit list will be prepared amongst all the categories i.e. (i) General (ii) SC (iii) ST (iv) PC (v) OBC (vi) Sponsored and (vii) M.B.B.S
In case of equal marks at the test the inter-se-ranking of the candidates shall be determined in the following order:
- Percentage of aggregate of marks obtained by the candidates in B.A.M.S./M.B.B.S. (Final) examination.
- Total aggregate marks obtained in all the professional examinations (1st to Final year/Prof.).
- Number of failures during the course of undergraduate study (B.A.M.S./M.B.B.S.).
- Percentage of Marks obtained in I.Sc.(Biology) or 10+2 (Biology) or equivalent examination.
- If the marks at the above also happen to be the same, the date of birth would be the basis i.e. the candidate senior in the age would rank higher.
Banaras Hindu University (BHU)
India - 221005