Assam Agricultural University invite application for admission into Under‐Graduate And Post‐Graduate Degree Programmes regular Courses. Important information for admission into various Under-graduate and Post-graduate Degree Programmes of AAU for the year 2020-21
|Date of Commencement of Submission of Online Applications:||August 01, 2020 (Saturday)|
|Last date for Submission of Online Applications Without Late Fee :||August 20, 2020 (Thursday)|
|Uploading of Merit List:||August 25, 2020 (Tuesday)|
|Online Counselling and Admission starts from :||September 01, 2020 (Tuesday)|
|New Session to start from:||September 15, 2020 (Tuesday)|
The degree programmes offered by the Faculty of Agriculture are as follows:
1. B. Sc. (Hons) Agriculture of 8 semesters
2. M. Sc. (Agri) of 4 semesters
3. M.Sc. (Food Technology) of 4 semesters
4. M.Sc. (Agricultural Biotechnology) of 4 semesters
5. MBA (Agri Business) of 4 semesters
6. Ph. D. in Agriculture of 6 semesters
B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture, B. Sc. (Hons) Horticulture, B. Sc. (Hons) Sericulture and B.F.Sc. Degree Programme
i) A candidate must have passed Higher Secondary/10+2/ Intermediate examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) or Physics , Chemistry and Agriculture (PCAg) from a recognized University or Board.
ii) A candidate must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate for Gen/OBC/UPS category and 40% in aggregate for SC/ST/DAC in qualifying examination.
B.V.Sc. & A.H. Degree Programme
Admission into the B. V. Sc. & A. H. programmes of the University will be governed by the Veterinary Council of India – Minimum Standards of Veterinary Education (Bachelor of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry Degree course) Regulations, 2016. However, the candidates must fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria laid down by the University.
M.Sc. (Agri), M.V.Sc., M.Sc. (Home Science) & M.F.Sc. Degree Programme
A candidate must have passed the B.Sc. (Agri) /B.Sc. (Hort.) / B.Sc (Agri. Biotech) / B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture / Horticulture / B.Sc.(H.Sc.) / B.Sc. (Hons) Community Science / B.F.Sc. / B.Tech (Fishery Science) of 4 years duration / B.V.Sc & A.H. (as the case may be) degree examination of this University or any other University recognized by this University securing minimum CGPA of 2.60/4.00 scale or
3.25/5.00 scale or 6.60/10.00 scale for Gen/OBC/UPS category and 2.20/4.00 or 2.75/5.00 or 5.60/10.00 for SC/ST/DAC. This shall be relaxable for candidates having 5 years of service experience and deputed by the Govt. of Assam/AAU to a CGPA of 2.30 in 4.00 scale or 5.70 in 10.00 scale or 45% of marks in traditional system. One seat in each of the disciplines will be reserved for in‐service candidate of AAU/Govt. of Assam.
MBA (Agri Business) Degree Programme
A candidate must have passed the B.Sc. (Agri), B.V.Sc. & A.H., B.E. (Agril. Engineering), B.Sc. (Dairy Science), B.Sc. (Home Science) of four year duration, B.F.Sc. or B.Sc. (Forestry) (as the case may be), B.Sc.(Hons) Agri/Hort/H.Sc./Forestry/B.Tech (Ag. Engg.) degree examination.
Ph.D. Degree Programme
A candidate must have passed M.Sc. (Agri)/M.Sc.(H.Sc.)/M.F.Sc. (As the case may be) degree examinations in the concerned discipline of this University or any other University recognized by this University with basic degree in Agriculture/Home Science/Fisheries Science with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 in 4.00 scale or 7.00 in 10.00 scale or 58.00% of marks in the traditional system relaxable for
deputed candidates having 5 years of service experience to a CGPA of 2.85 in 4.00 scale or 6.70 in 10.00 scale or 55.00% of marks in the traditional system. One seat in each of the disciplines shall remain reserved for in‐service candidate of AAU/ Govt. of Assam.
Mere qualification in the entrance test does not entitle a candidate to find admission into MBA/MCA course unless the candidate:
i) Appears for Counseling at the notified Centers
ii) Applies in response to the admission notification issued by the authority concerned (for part- time\evening\distance mode)
iii) Satisfies all the eligibility criteria for admission as stipulated by the authority concerned
Candidates must apply online by registering and logging on to the University’s website www.aau.ac.in. Click on
the “Admission 2020” link to reach the registration page. The site has been designed in a user-friendly way to
help candidates to apply Online in a step by step basis.
1) Download the Information Bulletin and read it carefully before filling up the Online Application form.
2) Students must register themselves for admission into any Degree Programme under the University.
3) There are 3 steps in filling the Application Form.
a) Register yourself
b) Pay the required Application Fee using Payment Gateway
c) Fill in the Application Form online
Step 1 – Registration
1) The information filled in the Application Form once finalized/submitted cannot be changed afterwards.
It cannot be corrected /modified at our end also, and hence no request for changing data/information of a submitted application shall be entertained. A candidate can however register afresh.
2) You must have a valid E-mail ID and a Phone Number for registration. All communications will be sent to these before selection and after admission.
3) If you are a permanent resident of Assam, you have to provide State Unique ID. If you don’t have the State Unique ID, visit http://dheonlineadmission.amtron.in/sp/ and get yourself registered. Keep a scanned or digital copy of the acknowledgement sheet for upload during the application process.
4) Upon successful registration, the Applicant should receive a confirmation message with the credentials in the Registered Mobile Number and an email in the registered email ID.
Step 2 - Payment of Fee (Exempted for the permanent residents of Assam)
1) Login with the Registration ID, Username and Password. You shall land in category /quota page of the 18 application form. Select your appropriate category and quota (if applicable) and proceed.
2) Pay online through payment gateway integrated with the application form. Candidates from outside Assam and all International candidates need to pay ` 500/- (USD 25/- for international applicant) only as application fees. The candidates from Assam, applying under HFC and NRI/NRI- Sponsored
Category shall also have to pay the prescribed application fee.
3) You shall receive a confirmation after payment transaction which shall also be shown in the 'Payment History' on your Dashboard.
The Application must be submitted online within the prescribed date.
Candidates will have to appear before the Selection Committee on virtual mode, as per scheduled date(s) to be notified in the web in due course. Selection and admission of candidates is strictly on merit basis as per regulation in force.
Note: In-Service candidates must submit their Release Order/ No Objection Certificate from the competent authority to pursue higher studies in AAU. Admission of in-service candidates from AAU shall be governed by the revised guidelines in force as notified from time to time.
Assam Agricultural University
Jorhat, PIN - 785013
Leave your comments for Assam Agricultural University Under‐Graduate & Post‐Graduate Degree Admission 2020-21
Stay connected with us on
Today: Dec 01, 2023