Career in Forest Service in Tripura
Tripura is north eastern state of India. Tripura shares a large border with Bangadesh. Tripura also shares its border with Indian states such as Assam. Tripura is connected to India through National Highway number 44. Tripura is also the third smallest state of India.
Tripura get very heavy rainfall each year. Forest cover more than half of state’s area. Bamboo and Cane are are most common in forests. Tripura has the highest number of primate species
- Applicant must be citizen of India
- Must be above 21 years of age and not over 37 years of age on the first day of July of appearing year. Upper age is relaxed by 5 years for Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes and Government Servants.
Educational Qualifications: Candidates with bachelor’s degree in science stream from any recognized university in India are eligible. The degree must be of one of the follow subjects: Agriculture, Botany, Engineering (Agriculture / Chemical / Civil / Electrical / Electronics / Mechanical), Forestry, Geology, Horticulture / Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Zoology.
Medical Assessment and Physical Test: Before appointment, candidates have to go through a set of physical fitness test. The rules are little but different for male and female candidates.
- Minimum Height: 163 cm
- Chest Girth: 84 cm
- Chest Expansion Full: 5 cm
- Minimum Height: 150 cm
- Chest Girth: 79 cm
- Chest Expansion (Full): 5 cm
Minimum height for Scheduled Tribes and few races like Gorkha, Nepalese, Assamese, Meghalaya, Ladakhese, Sikimese, Bhutanese, Kumaonies, Nagas, Aurnachal
Pradesh, Mizos, Lahula and Soiti candidates will be 152.5 cm for male and 145 cm for female candidates.
Application forms can collected from Tripura Public Service Commission (TPSC) office or can be requested through post by writing to Secretary, Tripura Public Service Commission, Agartala, 799001 enclosing a self addressed stamped envelope (size-28 cm x 12 cm) with requisite postage stamp affixed to it
Two part Written Examination is conducted and then Personality Test.
Written Exams carries 700 marks while personality test carries 100 marks.
- General English - 100 Marks
- General Knowledge - 100 Marks
- Bengali or Alternative English - 100 Marks
- Optional Papers: Candidates can choose any 2 papers
- Agriculture Science
- Agricultural Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Few exceptions while choosing the optional papers:
- candidates are not allowed to take both Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
- candidates are not allowed to take both Agricultural Science and Agricultural Engineering
- candidates are not allowed to take both Mathematics and Statistics
Once Written Examinations is cleared, Candidates will called to appear for Personality Test. Personality Test is conducted to evaluate the intellectual ability, social traits, interest in current affairs, critical power of judgement, variety and depth of interest, ability for leadership, intellectual and moral integrity etc. Personality test carries 100 marks.
Final selection is done based on merit list, by combining the total marks obtained in Written and Personality Tests.
For latest jobs in Tripura once can visit http://www.mysarkarinaukri.com/find/all-jobs-in-tripura
By Vinay Yadav