CEED (Common Entrance Examination for Design) is an all-India level examination conducted by IIT Bombay, on behalf of MHRD (Ministry of Human Resources Development). CEED is a qualifying exam for admission to Master of Design (M.Des) programmes at IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad and IIT Kanpur, and Ph.D. programmes in Design in some institutes. The objective of CEED is to assess the candidate's aptitude for design involving visual perception ability, drawing skills, logical reasoning, creativity and communication skills. There is no age limit to appear for CEED and a candidate can appear for CEED any number of times.
CEED 2016 will be conducted on Sunday, 6 th December 2015, 10:00 -13:00 Hours.
The language of the question paper is English.
Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kanpur, Kolkata, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune and Thiruvananthapuram.
Documents required for filling Online Application Form :
- File containing your recent colour photograph (.jpg file)
- File containing your signature (.jpg file)
- Scanned copy of your category certificate (.pdf file) for SC/ST or OBC categories
- Scanned copy of your PwD certificate (.pdf file) issued by an appropriate authority for PwD category
- Scanned copy of your eligibility certificate (.pdf file); degree certificate if the course is completed or the certificate from the Principal of your college if the course is not completed (Students with G.D. Art degree should also submit a certificate for the post qualification professional experience)
Please remember that the above mentioned documents are to be uploaded as electronic files during the application submission process. Please make sure that these files are tagged with your application number as specified in the table below. Do not send paper copies of any documents to the CEED office. Candidates should upload good quality colour photograph and signature. Submission of poor quality photograph and/or signature will lead to the rejection of CEED application.
Follow the specifications for file naming, photograph and signature as given below:
File naming Specifications format
|Item||Filename||Example (for a candidate with Application Number C16012345)|
|Photograph||<your application no.>_photo.jpg||C16012345_photo.jpg|
|Signature||<your application no.>_sign.jpg||C16012345_sign.jpg|
|Eligibility certificate||<your application no.>_degree.pdf||C16012345_degree.pdf|
|Experience certificate||<your application no.>_exp.pdf||C16012345_exp.pdf|
|Category certificate||<your application no.>_catcert.pdf||C16012345_catcert.pdf|
|PwD certificate||<your application no.>_pwdcert.pdf||C16012345_pwdcert.pdf|
- The photograph (Colour Photograph) must be taken against a white or a light blue background by a professional studio. Mobile phone photographs and self composed portraits are NOT acceptable.
- The photograph should not be more than 3 months old.
- Face should occupy about 50% of the area in the photograph with eyes looking into the camera directly.
- The main features of the face must not be covered by hair, cloth or shadow. Forehead, nose, cheeks, lip and chin should be clearly visible and both the eyes should be open.
- Photograph with spectacles should not have glare on the glasses.
- Only clear glass spectacles are permitted. No dark or tinted glass spectacles.
- Maximum pixel resolution for jpg: 640x480 (0.3 Mega pixel) and Minimum pixel resolution for jpg: 320x240.
- Please put your signature with dark blue ink on a white paper.
- Get the signature digitally photographed/imaged/scanned by a professional and get the image cropped to the required size.
- Only jpg image formats will be accepted.
- Maximum pixel resolution for jpg: 300x800 and Minimum pixel resolution for the image: 150x400.
- Mobile phone photographs of signatures are not acceptable.
Candidates who claim to be in SC/ST/OBC category have to produce valid category certificates issued by appropriate authorities.
- REGISTER online http://www.gate.iitb.ac.in/ceed2016 by clicking the Apply for CEED 2016 link on the CEED website.
- During the registration provide a valid email address and an active mobile number should be provided since CEED will use it for all future communications.
- Once the registration page is submitted, an email will be sent to the registered email address with a link for validating the email address (in case one does not find the email in the Inbox, please check the Junk/SPAM folder).
- A password will be sent to the registered mobile number which has to be used for completing the registration process.
- Keep all the emails sent from CEED for future reference.
- When you return to the login screen, enter your email address and the password sent through SMS. On successful login, you will get an application form to fill in and an application number (C16 followed by a 6 digit number; eg., C16012345).
Filling the ONLINE Application Form
- Login with the registered email address and password.
- Enter your personal details.
- Choose an exam city. You have to provide three choices. If a particular city which you have given as the first choice has to be dropped by the CEED office, you will be automatically assigned the city of your second choice. If both the choices are not feasible, then the third choice will be allotted.
- Upload the files containing photograph, signature, eligibility certificate and other supporting documents.
- You can "Save" the application form anytime, logout, and login back again to continue
the application process.
- Before Clicking ‘Pay Fee and Submit’, you must check the filled form through the “Preview” option, as you CANNOT edit the form after submitting it.
- Application procedure will be completed after Fee payment by clicking ‘Pay Fee and Submit’ button.
(i) Pay application fee by clicking ‘Pay Fee and Submit’ button
(iii) Applicants can make the fee payment using :
Credit card or
(iv) Once your payment is successfully completed, you will get a confirmation page. Keep a
copy of this and also download a pdf copy of your application for your reference.